Status: Finished =P

Sing

7

“Trust me, sugar, “he said, as he continued walking. I followed him although I was seriously debating my safety. He must have noticed my reluctance because he stopped. “I’m not going to hurt you. I’m not even planning on kissing you. I just had this really cool idea. Why don’t you trust me?” He asked, without even looking at me.

“Well, it’s not that I don’t trust you. I am just a little paranoid, because I don’t know you all that well. I mean, I’ve known you since what, Tuesday?” I said, trying to make him feel better.

“That’s a good point, “he said, as he continued walking. He had let go of my hand and I followed close, now afraid of getting lost.

After a couple more minutes of walking, we came to a small clearing. I finally understood what he was talking about. It was an old abandoned park. The trees had grown over and some of the playground had been entangled in vines. I followed him over to a picnic table. He climb onto the bench and sat on the table itself. He looked at me for a moment.

“Are you going to come and sit, or do you still fear for your safety?” He said, kind of harshly. That took me by surprise, but I went and sat next to him.

“No, I don’t fear for my safety…”I muttered quietly. He looked at me and sighed.

“I’m sorry. I don’t know what’s wrong with me…”He said, putting his face in his hands. I began to feel bad.

“Hey, “I said, moving closer to him. “There’s nothing wrong with you. I think you are amazing.” I put my hand on his back. He looked over at me.

“Are you saying that just to make me feel better?” He asked suspiciously. I laughed to myself, but began thinking about his question. I wasn’t just saying that. I was serious.

“No, “I said honestly. “I really mean it.” He flashed a smile at me and then, he turned and crisscrossed his legs. I did the same, and he just stared at me.

“You are something else, “he said quietly. I smiled nervously. I didn’t exactly know what to say to that.

“Thank you, “I replied.

“So, anyways, I really brought you out here, because I want to get to know you, “he said, changing the subject.

“Well, what exactly do you want to know about me?” I asked.

“I’ll take anything you want to share. I know why you started attending school, and I met your aunt. So, anything else would be good, “he said, smiling.

“Well, I was born in Peoria, Illinois. Then, when I was 2, my dad moved my mom and me to Belleview. So, I was raised here in Belleview, “I said, pausing to see if he cared. He seemed to be paying full attention.

“So, what happened with your parents?” He asked.

“Well, my dad left when I was 4. My mom started homeschooling me when I was 6. She started getting sick about a year ago. Then, about 2 months before she died, she told me that she had an incurable cancer. Then, she began getting very weak, and I had to start caring for her. Eventually, it got so bad that she had to go into the hospital. She died a week after she was put in, and so, I’ve been living with my aunt since that happened in May, “I said, feeling the tears prick my eyes. He looked at me with sympathy.

“I’m sorry. Look, you don’t have to share anymore if you don’t want to, “he said, realizing how personal this conversation had gotten. I cleared my throat.

“It’s fine. I’ve come to terms with it. I miss her, and not a day goes by when I don’t want to talk to her once more, but I know she’s not coming back, “I said, feeling a squeeze on my throat. He looked down and shook his head.

“I wouldn’t have been able to live if that happened to my mom. She’s my life…”He said quietly as if in an attempt not to cry.

“It sucks… But, can we change the subject?” I asked, now hardly keeping back the tears.

“Yeah… Um, what’s your favorite color, food, drink, movie, song?” He asked quickly.

“Black is my color. Pizza rolls are my food. Mountain Dew is my drink. Nightmare Before Christmas is my movie. And in saying my movie, This Is Halloween is my song, “I said, thinking I answered all of the questions.

“That’s cool, “he said.

“Yeah, so… If there was anything you could do in life, what would it be?” I asked, curious to learn more about the almost band.

“Well, the guys and I made a band. We haven’t gotten anywhere… But, I would really love to make music. It’s always been a dream of mine, as well as drawing for a comic book, “he said thoughtfully.

“So, tell me more about this band. What kind of music do you guys make? What are you called?” I asked, already knowing the answers, but curious to find out more.

“Well, we never really wrote any songs of our own. We did a few cover songs, but never could get our stuff together. Like, for example, we would have amazing lyrics, but no beat. Then, we’d write an awesome tune, but couldn’t seem to get lyrics down. It’s harder than I had thought. The band never had an actual name. I voted for My Chemical Romance, but we never actually declared that our name, “he said, brushing his hair from his face.

“Do you think you’ll ever make music?” I asked, pulling my legs to my chest.

“Maybe, but you know, I hope to find my inspiration, my muse, if you will, “he said, explaining to me exactly what Frank had said.

“Ah, and do you think you’ll ever find it?” I asked.

“Um, I can hope. I think I have an idea. I just don’t know yet. I got to think for a bit on this one, but I may possibly have a song, “he said, smiling at me.

“Have you told the guys yet?” I asked as my eyes widened.

“No, and don’t you either yet, please. I need to get the lyrics to a song, and I have to see if it flows. I hope it works though, “he said longingly.

We began to make small talk after that, and we shared a few tears and quite a few laughs. We had gone from sitting up to lying on the table, looking up at the stars.

“My mom used to tell me that there was a star for every reason she loved me, “Gerard said quietly.

“She must have a lot of reasons to love you, “I said, looking over at him. He looked over at me and smiled.

“You know, I’d say there was a star for every amazing thing about you, “he said. “But, I am afraid that would be a lie.” I felt myself frown.

“Well, “I said to myself.

“Listen to me, “he said, turning onto his side. “I’m afraid that would be a lie, because there are no where enough of them.”

“Aw, “I said quietly.

“It’s true, “he said certainly. I turned on my side to face him.

“You’re beautiful, “I said, noting the way the moonlight hit him.

He grabbed my hand and pulled it between us. I was silent, staring at his hand holding mine.

“You know what?” I asked, surprised to hear words come from my mouth.

“What, “he said, playing with my fingers.

“I’m really glad I met you, “I said, feeling more honest than I had intended.

“I’m really glad I met you too, “he said, letting go of my hand. He brushed a piece of hair from my face and smiled. “You are the most beautiful girl I have ever met.” I felt my face turn red, and I felt thankful for the dark.

“Thank you, “I said quietly. He placed his hand on my cheek, and I felt the warmth radiate into my skin.

I closed my eyes and felt his warm, soft lips against my own. He pulled away, and positioned me in his arms. We both stared up at the stars, and I could not wait to tell Nessa about everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments greatly appreciated!