We've Got More Than We Know

You Make This So Difficult

Mason’s a few weeks old now… and he looks a whole lot like Tanner. It’s so cute to see Tanner hold him. I could watch it for hours and not get bored at all. All I can do is smile. I’ve been doing a whole lot of smiling today though… that was until my brother came bursting through the door once again, making Mason start crying.

“You know, you are a horrible uncle. Everytime you come around, he cries,” Tanner shot at him teasingly.

“I’m an awesome uncle,” Keegan shot back, attempting to take Tanner’s son from him, but kept him.

“Look at you though. He probably doesn’t know what to make of you through all of that hair,” I teased.

“Ah ha, ah ha, you’re so funny,” he threw back at me.

“Where’s my son’s snowboard?” I asked him while crossing my arms.

“Has he came to the mountains yet?” he snickered.

“You two are so siblings that it scares me,” Tanner butted in.

“Don’t you have some fancy smacy snowboard thing to do?” I asked, wanting him out of my hair.

“Um… it’s summer,” he told me.

“Don’t you go to New Zealand in the summer?” I raised my eyebrow at him.

“Well, yeah, but… I still have a few weeks to spend time with my new nephew,” he smiled once Tanner finally let him hold the baby.

“Nice to know you rather spend time with our baby and not us,” Tanner taunted.

“You know, I like you so much better when you just drive cars,” he taunted Tanner, making me push out a giggle.

“Has he gotten mouthier over the years?” Tanner asked me in a loud whisper.

“You two are so mean to me. I’m leaving,” he whined while giving Mason to me and stomping to the door.

“Where are you going then?” Tanner asked, laughing.

“To see Emma. She loves me!” he shouted over his shoulder.

“Bye, Keegs. I love you, little bro,” I said teasingly just before the door slammed.

“After all these years, you two still pick on each other,” Tanner said as he scooted over closer to me.

“He’s the younger one. What do you expect from me?” I asked him through a smile.

“I expect you to put the baby down so I can give you kisses,” he mumbled while leaving gently kisses on my neck already.

“But I want to hold him,” I pouted through my quiet giggles.

“You make this so difficult,” he muttered cutely, keeping his arms around me.

“Sounds like someone I know,” I teased over at him.

He just smiled innocently, giving my cheek a quick kiss before he gently took Mason from me. He laid him on his chest, allowing me to still see his cute little baby face. Tanner went on to leave a soft kiss on top of his son’s full head of thick dark hair that reminds me of Tanner’s.

“I’m glad you’re here,” I whispered once my head was resting on Tanner’s shoulder with my hands hooked around his torso.

“I couldn’t imagine being anywhere else,” he replied in the same tone as me with a small smile curling across his lips.

“How long do Mason and I get you until you have to leave for your normal stuff?” I asked, not really too excited for the answer I may get.

“As long as you two need me,” he said without a thought.

“You’re… serious?” I asked, unable to accept his answer.

“What kind of father would I be if I left when he’s only weeks old? You two need me,” he went on to explain.

“Every word that leaves your mouth makes me want to kiss you more and more,” I smiled.

“I love you, baby. More than anything in this world,” he smiled, making me hide my face in the crook of his neck so he couldn’t see my smile or face turn red.

He kept this up the rest of the night. I hated how adorable I found this. By the time he put Mason down for bed, he had me so wrapped around his little finger. He finally got his kisses that he wanted, but… I guess I wanted them too, so we were both happy… until Mason woke up a few hours after Tanner laid him down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhh! no! that can't happen!
lol jk :D

Ky

comment?