We've Got More Than We Know

Do You Two Ever Quit?

“Come on, Tanny,” I smiled while tugging on his hand, leading him into a store… a baby store.

“But we’ve been here already. What was it? Two weeks ago? How much stuff can you buy for that kid?” Tanner whined.

“I’m its Auntie. I have to spoil it,” I countered as we walked inside. “Besides, you won’t give me babies. I have to shop for this one while I can,” I muttered while walking away to look at a few things.

“What was that?” he asked.

“Nothing, dear,” I smiled over at him.

He returned my smile and followed me around the store. Kirstie came home from the hospital yesterday. I figured she’d be tired still and let her have her little family moment. Josh was probably being way too lovey… like he had been through her whole pregnancy. I wanted to gag each and every time I was around those two. I’m not even kidding.

But during Kirstie’s pregnancy, it made me realize that… I want kids… soon! I’m twenty-six now! I’m not getting any younger! This is something that I haven’t talked to Tanner about. I can’t even get the guy to ask me to marry him! I’m not about to tell him I want babies!

Oddly enough, he hasn’t been too freaked out by my sudden baby-shopping spree. Of course he doesn’t look at this as a sign for me wanting my own child. But… he hasn’t complained yet. I think his whining is just him being a man… that hates shopping.

“Baby, isn’t this cute?” I smiled, holding out a little hoodie that reminded me of the Rockstar one he wears all the time.

“I’m pretty sure Emma isn’t a boy though,” he chuckled.

“But it’s cute,” I shot at him, making me roll his eyes playfully.

“I’m going to go look around,” he said while shaking his head, but his gorgeous smile was there.

I just gave him a look and went back to my shopping. I had a few little baby things in my arms as I went about the store looking for my lover. He was all the way across the store, in the big baby stuff department. Want to know what he was looking at? A baby walker… that looked like a car.

“What are you doing?” I asked, trying to hide my smile.

“We should get this for Emma,” he grinned brightly.

“Josh would kill you,” I giggled.

“So…” he trailed off with his adorable dimples showing through.

“What if we got them something a little smaller?” I suggested, looking around at all the other cute baby car stuff. I want to buy it for my baby… that I don’t have yet.

“Aw, Tanner, look at this,” I smiled once I saw the little pink thing.

It was one of those bouncer things you hang in the doorway and let your baby bounce around. I knew it would be a little big for Emma, but… it’s so cute! And it’s a pink car. Tanner and I had to get it for her! It’s not like they have dirt bike things that we can buy… so that little thing’s stuck with cars.

After we had this in our hands, Tanner forced me out of the store before I could buy everything I saw. I tried protesting, but he told me we could go visit the cute little thing.

Once we got there, Tanner and I carried our gifts in with smiles on our faces. I couldn’t wait for them to see the things we got for Emma. Sadly, she was sleeping when we got there.

“See how boring you are, Josh? You always make your daughter sleep!” I teased once Tanner and I were seated.

“She just knew you were coming, so she hurried to fall asleep so that she didn’t have to see you,” he shot back.

“She loves me. Shut up,” I said, making Tanner push out the cutest little chuckle.

We went on to give Kirstie the gifts for her baby. Josh didn’t like the car jumper too much, but Kirstie thought it was cute.

“I think she’ll like her gift from her Uncle Tanny,” she smiled.

“They’re not married. He can’t be her uncle,” Josh piped in.

“Do you two ever quit?” Tanner sighed.

Ever since their wedding, they’ve been a little more… teasing towards Tanner about us not taking that next step in our relationship. I’ve kind of accepted that Tanner isn’t going to pop the question until he wants to. But that doesn’t make me not want babies with him… imagined how cute they’d be!

“But you two love each other. Why don’t you just get married?” Kirstie added.

“I don’t see how a ring and a piece of paper could change how much I love this woman though,” Tanner explained like he has every time I’ve brought up the subject of marriage.

Kirstie went on to take a big breath in to lay it on Tanner, but Emma started fussing in her little playpen. It made me smile though. I got up and held the little girl in my arms. After a few seconds of cooing and a little bouncing from me, she quieted down.

With my smile still there as I looked down at her, Tanner’s arms hooked around my waist gently with his chin resting on my shoulder, looking down at the little Grant baby. Once her little eyes fell on Tanner, they lit up… and she smiled. Aw. I reached over and left a soft kiss on his cheek. He may not be too opened about progressing our relationship, but… I just can’t deny how cute this little moment was. I just wish we had our own little bundle of joy to share this moment with.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so excited for you guys to read this sequel :D lol

Tanner & Ky

Know what I'm watching right now?... BATTLE OF THE SUPERCARS! Know whose on Battle of the Supercars? TANNER FOUST! lol :D and he has helmet hair... and it's cute :D lol