We've Got More Than We Know

Someone Cares Too Much

So, I was holding Mason while he slept… and Tanner was napping cutely on the couch with his head in my lap when I got a lovely text from my friend. Even though it was only words, they seemed panic. I had to leave… even though I was staring at the two most precious things I have ever seen in my life.

“Tanner,” I said softly while running my fingers through his thick locks.

He let out a grunt before turning over onto his side, keeping his eyes closed tightly. Why is he so darn adorable? It only increases when he’s sleeping too. It doesn’t help that I need to be leaving too!

“Tanner, baby wake up,” I said a little louder than before.

I watched as his eyes slowly opened. He refused to look up at me though.

“Honey, I need to go see Kirstie,” I told him, running my hand through his hair once again.

“No,” he grumbled while hooking his arms around my waist.

“I think something happened. I need to go make sure she’s ok,” I told him through a smile.

“Someone cares too much,” he mumbled… without moving.

“Tanner, get up,” I shot at him.

A smile came over his face as he held onto me tighter. Do you know how hard it is to try and get out of his arms… with a baby in mine? It’s not very easy! I fought with him for a good five minutes before Mason started fussing from all of my movement. He had to let me up… so that I could put the baby in his arms.

“I’ll be back,” I smiled as I reached over and kissed his cheek quickly along with Mason’s forehead.

“Well, I feel so loved right now. Don’t you, Mase?” he muttered as he bounced his son gently.

“Kirstie needs me. You’ve had me ever since that little guy came. I think Kirstie could use some Kylee time,” I told him as I slid my shoes on.

“But I like having Kylee time,” he pouted ever so cutely.

I smiled, but looked away. It’s not working this time, Tanny! I needed to get out of here. I honestly can’t remember the last time Tanner and I had time apart. It’s… shocking. We’ve never been together for that long before… I loved it!

But once I walked into my best friend’s house the whole mood changed. Keegan was on the couch, holding onto Emma. But once he saw me, he hopped up and placed her in my arms. Without a word, he walked out the door, slamming it shut.

“Where’s mommy?” I asked her as I started up the stairs.

She didn’t say anything. All she did was rest her head on my shoulder. Aw. This makes me not really want to know what happened. As I passed Kirstie and Josh’s room, I heard a quiet sob. I went on down to Emma’s room and placed her down on her bed, telling her she should lay down. She nodded her little head and cuddled up in the covers. I gave her a small smile before I bent down to leave a soft kiss on her forehead.

After that, I let out a sigh and opened the door to Kirstie and Josh’s room. Kirstie was lying on the bed with her head in her pillow, sobbing. I slowly walked over, not wanting to scare her. Once I was close enough I reached down and gently rubbed her back. Her head snapped up quickly, but once she saw it was me, she eased back down.

“It’ll be ok, Kirstie,” I told her softly as I sat down next to her.

“No it won’t,” she mumbled through her tears.

“What’s so bad that it won’t be ok?” I asked, slightly terrified of what might have happened.

“Keegan and I… kissed,” she replied through her cracky voice.

Those words just… left her mouth. Oh my gosh! Nu uh! I so want to kill my brother right now. How could he do that? I don’t care that I haven’t heard anything from as to why it happened. I’m blaming him! It’s always his fault.

“You know Josh and I have been having problems with our communication and he just never seems to be here anymore in anyway. Since he’s left, I haven’t gotten to talk to him very much and… I was just lonely,” she started once her tears slowed.

“Kirstie, you could have always came to me,” I told her while pushing her hair out of her face.

“But you and Tanner were getting along so well and then you just had Mason. I didn’t want to bother you guys. Then Uncle Toby is gone. My dad’s still dealing with things… Josh is… gone,” she countered as her tear flow picked up.

“Kirstie, don’t ever think you’re bothering me. You’re my best friend. I’ll always make time for you; especially if it’s something like this,” I told her as she sat up.

“I don’t know what to do though. I just kissed… another man that I’m not married too,” she sniffled.

“Did it mean anything?” I asked, hopefully already knowing the answer.

“No, but… it still happened. And he said he’s always had feelings for me. Ky, I just thought it was this little crush he had. I never knew it was like that,” she went on.

Neither did I! That little scumbag! He just magically comes to hang out with Kirstie, who he’s had a crush on since he was ten, when her husband’s gone… and takes advantage of her emotional state like he did. And to think I thought my brother was a better person that than! I don’t know which one I’m mad at more… my idiotic brother or Kirstie’s stupid husband who isn’t treating her right!

“Why don’t you and Emma come stay with Tanner and I until Josh comes back?” I suggested.

“No… I don’t want to be a nuisance,’” she replied.

“No, you’re coming,” I told her. “Come on,” I went on, getting to my feet.

It took some time, but she eventually got up and got a few things around. We didn’t leave until Emma woke up from her nap. She seemed to be in a better mood along with Kirstie. This was good. But I’m still murdering my brother the next time I seem. What a little weasel!
♠ ♠ ♠
But... then I wouldn't fine Tanner Foust as sexy as i do now... and I like finding Tanner Foust sexy! lol

Ky

comment?