We've Got More Than We Know

Mesen Cute

All of us were having a cute little moment, that my man was in the center of when the phone rang. No one calls the house phone! They usually call Tanner or I’s cell phone. I don’t even know why Tanner leaves it in. But I still went and grabbed it.

I knew that number that was on there. It caused so much rage to come over me. I didn’t even want to answer it, knowing I was going to lose it… but I did.

“What do you want, Keegan?” I snapped at him as I headed out the back door. Kirstie didn’t need to hear this.

“Is… Kirstie ok?” he asked softly.

“Gee, I don’t know. Considering a guy that isn’t her husband kissed her when her emotions are unstable, I’d say not too good,” I shot at him.

“I didn’t mean for it to happen,” he defended.

“I don’t care! I would hope that something would click in your head that moment before your lips met. Oh, gee, this chick’s married. Maybe I shouldn’t kiss her!” I shouted.

“You can’t blame me for everything. It’s not like she told me to leave. What am I supposed to think when we’re cuddling on the couch and laughing as we’re playing with Emma? All of this isn’t entirely my fault. Her actions led me to what happens,” he countered, getting an attitude with me.

“How are you going to feel if you break up Kirstie and Josh? You could break up a marriage, Keegan. You could be the reason why Emma’s not going to see her daddy every day like she’s used to. You are the reason why Kirstie’s going to be down for God knows how long. How does that make you feel, Keegan?” I threw at him.

“Stop it! That’s not true. It’ll be fine. It didn’t mean anything,” he shouted at me. I think I touched a nerve.

“What if she tells Josh though? I’m sure he’s the type of guy that’s going to react ever so nicely,” I told him.

“Yeah, well, no one likes him anyway,” he mumbled.

“Kirstie loves him, Keegan. Maybe that’s why they’re married. And he happens to be Emma’s father. No matter how much you don’t like him, you can’t change that. No one can change that,” I countered.

Silence came through after that. It annoyed me! I honestly rolled my eyes. It took everything I had not to hang up on him.

“Keegan,” I sighed while running a hand through my hair. “You’re a good guy. You’re cute. Find a girl that makes you happy… that isn’t married already,” I told him, not wanting to be too hard on him.

He didn’t say anything. He did go on to let a sigh out before he muttered a goodbye and hung up. I allowed another sigh to escape me before I went back inside to walk back into that cute little sight that I left minutes before. Sadly, when I walked in, Emma slid down from Tanner’s lap to play with her toys that she had brought.

Kirstie went on to sit on the couch, leaving me to sit next to my Tanny who was still cradling our baby boy. He constantly smiles down at that boy. It’s so adorable. I had to leave a kiss on the top of his head. Mason replied for him though. He let out cute baby coo once I rested my head on Tanner’s shoulder.

“He looks so much like Tanner that it’s scary,” Kirstie piped in.

“It’s cute,” I told her through a playful glare. “Tell your mommy, Emma. Mason’s cute,” I told her daughter.

“Momma, Mesen cute,” she told her mom with a little attitude in her voice, making all of us crack up.

“Yes, he’s cute, but his daddy’s not,” Kirstie countered.

“But he has his daddy’s genes, so…” I started, but she quickly cut me off.

“Tanner is old… not cute,” she said through a giggle.

“Well, I find him oh so adorable,” I grinned down at my man.

He returned my smile before he reached up to give my lips a soft kiss. After this little moment, Emma got tired. I led Kirstie up to the guest room so that they could hopefully get a good night’s sleep. Once they were settled, I went into Tanner’s and I’s room where he was still holding our baby as he laid in bed.

“You are the cutest daddy,” I smiled as I crawled up next to him.

“Nu uh… no cute stuff until you tell me what’s going on,” he smirked once I attempted to lend in for a kiss. He never denies my kisses!

“But it will ruin the mood,” I pouted.

“No, it won’t. It can’t be that bad,” he replied. I just gave him a look. “Or it can,” he went on with his forehead wrinkled up, obviously wanting to know.

“Keegan and Kirstie kissed,” I sighed.

“Whoa,” he replied with his bright blue eyes so big.

“Yeah, whoa. Obviously, she feels bad and Keegan’s being a douchebag,” I mumbled.

“All we can do is be there for them,” he softly spoke while hooking an arm around me to pull me against his chest right next to our little boy.

A sigh escaped me as his words sunk in. He’s right, but… it’s my best friend… and brother! I eventually let it go. Mason let out the cutest little yawn that so reminded me of Tanner. It made me smile and reach over to leave a soft kiss on his smooth baby skin. Tanner rubbed my back once I did this, adding a kiss to the top of my head. I hope Kirstie can still have moments like these when Josh gets back. They have to power to make me so happy. That’s all I want for my best friend… for her to be happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D

comment pleeeease :D