We've Got More Than We Know

No Kissing Momma

“Joshie, stop,” I giggled while he left a trail of kisses on my neck.

“Nuh-uh,” He replied.

“But it tickles,” I laughed.

“You like it though,” Josh smirked.

“So,” I countered while rubbing my hands on his bare chest.

He did eventually pull away when our little daughter sleepily stumbled into the room. She is so not a morning person, just like Josh. It’s pretty funny actually.

“There’s my little sweetheart,” Josh beamed, scooping up Emma and laying her in between Josh and I.

“Sweepy,” She mumbled out while rubbing her eyes.

“Aw, honey,” I cooed while stroking her hair and kissing her cheek. “You’ll be fully awake in a minute.”

She mumbled out something but it was inaudible. Josh smiled at her as he left a kiss on her cheek then leaned over and kissed my cheek as well.

My cell phone started ringing and Josh reached over and got it for me.

“Hello, this is Josh Grant,” He answered it for me while I stroked Emma’s soft hair.

“Yeah sure, she’s right here,” I heard Josh say before handing the phone to me.

“Hey Kirstie, it’s John,” My boss said.

“You better not be calling to tell me I have to come into the office today,” I shot at him.

“I’m not, don’t get your panties in a bunch,” He countered with a snicker. “But my boss contacted me and said that two of the Rockstar girls are gone or sick or something and they need two fill in’s for one of the rally races and a moto race. I thought I figured that I’d ask you and Ky because of Tanner and Josh.”

“Tanner and Kylee are getting married, did you know that?” I buzzed.

“I didn’t know that,” He replied. “Good for them.”

“It’s so exciting!” I squealed.

“Okay, well back on task here; will you fill in?” he questioned.

“Um…. Is Ky doing it?” I asked.

“Yeah she is,” John replied.

“Okay, I’ll do it,” I agreed.

We exchanged a few more words before hanging up. By this time Emma was still sleepy but she was laying on Josh’s bare chest and he had his arms wrapped around her small body as he gently rubbed her back.

“What was that about?” Josh asked me.

“He asked if Kylee and I would fill in for two monster girls at a race of Tanner’s and a race of yours and I said yes because Ky’s doing it,” I shrugged. “On second thought, I don’t know if I should.”

“Why are you having second thoughts?”

“Because,” I whined. “The girls who do that kind of stuff are the girls I don’t really want to portray myself as and there will be a ton of people there that I know.”

“It’s only for two races and besides, who cares what anyone else thinks. As for the people who know you, they’ll know that you probably got roped into it and they know you’re not that kind of girl,” Josh reassured me. “Besides, I think you’d look sexy.”

“Well, if I get a little extra attention from you, then I guess I don’t mind,” I giggled while rubbing my hand on his arm.

“You always get extra attention from me, you just don’t always know it,” Josh whispered then gave me a yummy kiss. When we parted he gave me a smile and tried to press our lips together again but Emma stopped us.

“Dada, no kissing momma,” Emma ordered him as she put her little hand on his mouth.

“Why not?” He mumbled out since her hand was still pressed up against his mouth.

“Give me kisses fwirst,” She smiled. “Momma too!”

Both Josh and I let out a big laugh before covering her whole face in kisses, making her giggle like crazy. I sure do love my family.
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm really sleepy!

comments?