We've Got More Than We Know

But... He's Josh

As Kirstie walked off with her phone, I tried to think of something that all of us could do today to try and ease everyone’s mind. It was hard to think of something that Emma and Mason could do with their age gap. But once Emma grabbed onto the TV remote and turned the TV on, the picture that brightened over the screen gave me my idea.

“What if we go to the beach today?” I asked Tanner.

“Any reason for you to be in a bathing suit is totally fine with me,” he grinned brightly.

“Emma, say, Tanny you bad,” I told Emma.

“Tanny bad,” she giggled, causing Tanner to roll his gorgeous blue eyes playfully.

I smiled and reached over to leave a soft kiss on his cheek. Once I pulled away, Emma climbed down and stomped over to Tanner and stood in front of him with her arms crossed. She wasn’t giving him the nicest look either… You better watch out, Tanny.

“I want kisses too,” she mumbled through low eyes.

“Nu uh… he’s mine,” I teased.

“Nu uh!” she shot back with a whole lot of attitude that she so had to get from Josh.

“But you said we could share him,” I smirked over at her.

“Tanny, you have to chuse,” Emma countered while putting her hands on her hips. I so wished Kirstie was in here to see this.

“That’s not very fair,” Tanner told her through a big smile.

“It’s ok. You can chuse me,” she grinned, making both of us giggle.

“But I love Kylee,” Tanner pouted at her.

“You don’t luv me too?” she pouted right back.

“Of course I do,” Tanner replied.

“More?” she went on.

Tanner chuckled again, knowing he wasn’t going to win either way. Instead of saying anything, he picked up Emma and put her on his lap. She still had her little look and arms crossed too. Oh, this was so cute!

“I can’t love both of you guys?” Tanner asked her.

“I guess,” she sighed.

Tanner smiled at her before he left a soft kiss on her cheek that turned them bright red. It was so adorable! Once she slid off of his lap, Mason started babbling at his daddy. I think this one was jealous now. Tanner smiled at his little boy as he took him from me just as Kirstie walked in… looking kind of down.

“Want to go to the beach?” I asked with a huge smile.

“Why?” she asked with her features wrinkled up.

“Just for fun. Mason hasn’t ventured out too much. He’s attempting to crawl so maybe the sand will help,” I told her with a smile. Mason cooed, agreeing with me.

Kirstie agreed too! Once we were all changed and ready to head out, everyone piled into Tanner’s truck. Kirstie volunteered to sit in the back with the babies. All Emma wanted to do was make faces at Mason who had finally started giggling at her. Those two are so cute.

Once we got to the beach, Emma held onto Kirstie’s hand, but pulled her mother over so that she could hold Tanner’s hand too. We had a nice line of hand holding going on since Tanner was holding mine as well.

But the second we put our things down, Emma bolted towards the water. Kirstie got a little flustered before taking after her. She didn’t get far though. Tanner volunteered to watch her. I think he knew Kirstie needed her bestie right now.

As Tanner and Emma splashed around in the water, Kirstie and I sat on our towels, watching the two. Mason sat between my legs so that he could put his little chubby hands in the sand. I was just hoping he didn’t get any bright ideas of putting it in his mouth.

“Everything ok?” I asked after a few silent seconds.

“I don’t know anymore,” she sighed.

“What wrong?” I asked caringly.

“It just bothers me that Josh said that in that way,” she sighed once again.

“Not to be mean, but… he’s Josh. He doesn’t seem the smoothest with words,” I teased, making her roll her eyes through a small smile.

“He has a different way with words. He’s not all intelligent talking like Tanner. He’s just… Josh and I love that about,” she went on. “We’ve just been having issues lately and I don’t like it,” she went on.

“It happens though,” I shrugged. “Every couple argues. There’s no avoiding it.”

“Yeah… can I just stay for another night to try and make sense of all of this?” she asked.

“Of course,” I smiled.

Another small one came across her face too as our eyes scanned back to the water where Emma was trying to dunk Tanner under. She was on his shouldered, trying to dip his head under. It made both Kirstie and I crack up. That girl loves that man. It’s adorable. Maybe it’s a sign that Tanner and I should have a little girl soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D

Ky

comment?