We've Got More Than We Know

Rock-A-Bye Baby

I was lying in bed, attempting to get to sleep, but I rather watch my gorgeous fiancée. He’s the most adorable thing when he’s sleeping. His arms were hooked around my waist securely. The spiky hair that tops his head was ruffled up against his pillow. His smooth skin just looked so perfect and kissable. It was hard not to lean over and do so. But the cutest thing is that he has these quiet little snores that escape him. If you weren’t as close to him as I was, you wouldn’t be able to hear it. The way it makes his plump lips part just tops off his whole sleeping sexiness.

But that night, our door cracked open. I thought I had been watching too many paranormal TV shows. But I saw Emma’s small frame tip toe in. I smiled as I watched her slowly approach Tanner’s side. I wasn’t sure what she was doing exactly, but the thought made me smile.

“Uncle Tanny,” she whispered while, I’m assuming, poking his bare back.

He replied by letting out a grunt and tightening his grip around me. I heard Emma let out a little giggle before she repeated the process. This time though, she made Tanner nuzzle his cute little nose into the crook of my neck.

“Uncle Tanny,” she said louder, causing a groan to come out of him this time and his eyelashes to twitch.

“Stop it,” he mumbled with his lips brushing against my skin as he spoke.

“UNCLE TANNY!” she shouted, bringing Tanner to jump up in bed quickly.

I was laughing so hard along with Emma. I think she even fell over on the floor. I’m not sure though. The look on his face was priceless though. It scared him… and then he pouted since we were laughing at him.

“Uncle Tanny!” Emma smiled as she jumped up onto the bed with us.

“Hey, Em,” he chuckled tiredly while rubbing his face with one hand.

“Dada’s here. Momma told me to comes in here sod he could make her feelings not hurts anymore,” she told us in her little cute way.

“Aw, well that’s good,” I told her.

“Uh huh,” Tanner mumbled before falling back against the mattress. Emma and I shared another round of giggles too.

“Where’s Mesen?” she asked, looking around the dimly light room that was illuminated by the TV that I constantly leave on all night.

“He’s in his room sleeping,” I told her since Tanner seemed to be tired. Ha, ha, tired Tanner!

“What if he wakes up? You can’t hears him,” she asked while crossing her arms.

“Your Uncle Tanny has a monitor over there that lets us hear him if he wakes up,” I told her, pointing to Tanner’s bedside table.

“Can he hear me?” she asked excitedly while crawling on Tanner’s chest to get to it.

He wasn’t expecting this. Apparently it knocked the wind out of him. He sat up and tried to suck in a gulp of air. I tried so hard to hold in my giggles since Emma hadn’t seen.

“Mesen… Mesen,” she stated cooing into the monitor.

“Honey, he can’t hear you through that,” I smiled. “He’s sleeping though. He’s a tried baby,” I went on.

“So is this guy,” Tanner muttered.

“Aw, I think someone needs rocked to sleep,” I teased down at him.

“I’ll do it!” Emma countered, quickly crawling onto his pillow and tugged at his head.

Tanner didn’t look too excited for this. The looked in his eyes was slightly… scared. I mean she is Kirstie’s daughter. I don’t know how much I trust her with Tanner’s face.

“Rock-a-bye baby, in the tree top. When the wind blows, the cradle will rock. When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall and down will come baby, cradle and all,” Emma sang as she gently rocked Tanner’s head.

It took everything out of me not to crack up. Yes, it was adorable, but it was just flat out funny. Where’s Kirstie? She misses everything cute between these two!

A few minutes later though, Josh and Kirstie appeared in the doorway with big smiles on their faces. I think a few people may have made up…

“Emma, what are you doing?” Josh asked since Tanner’s head was still in her lap.

“Aunt Ky said he needed rocked to sweep!” she told him.

“I think your daddy wants you to rock him to sleep now,” I smiled.

A huge grin came over her face as she not so nicely put Tanner’s head back down on the pillow and scrambled over to her father. Josh’s own smile came over his face before he bent down to pick up his little girl, giving her some over due kisses.

“You guys are welcome to stay here if you want. But I understand if you rather go home,” I told them.

“I love you guys, but… please leave. I’m starting to fear for my life with all the craziness that is now in my house,” Tanner said through a teasing smirk.

“Well, we love you too, Tanner… so much,” Kirstie replied.

They went on to argue playfully for a few more seconds before they did go home a happy little family. I smiled once they shut our door and Tanner let out a sigh.

“That was the most violent rocking I’ve ever experienced,” Tanner chuckled.

“But she loves you, Tanny,” I cooed before leaving a kiss on his cheek.

“A little too much,” he mumbled cutely.

I smiled once again and rested my head on his chest, finally ready to get some shuteye. We resumed our previous position and said a few I love yous… along with some yummy kisses before we drifted off for the night… but then Mason had other ideas.
♠ ♠ ♠
I agree with Kirstie... You guys should comment. omg... we just agreed on something! lol