We've Got More Than We Know

You My Toddie Bear

Today Kylee was cleaning out her office. It really kinda bummed me out. It’s going to be so much less fun around here without her. Granted haha get it, granted, my last name is Grant that I only come into the office two days a week and I work the rest at home, but still I’m going to miss her!

I understand where she’s coming from. Once you have a family everything just isn’t… as important anymore. I still love graphic designing but I’d much rather just hang with my family. I think eventually I’ll give this up too.

I’ve already helped Kylee clean out a bunch of stuff and Zak helped too but she’s close to being done now so I had to go back and trace a design for a poster on my light box.

“Hey,” I heard a gruff voice say.

I turned around to see Todd standing in my doorway.

“Hi, Todd. Long time no see,” I said as he walked in farther.

“Yeah,” He started while scratching the back of his neck. “I actually came to talk to you about that.”

“About what?” I asked while leaning against my desk as he took a seat.

“About not seeing you very much,” Todd told me. “I really miss you and Kylee.”

“Of course you miss Kylee,” I mumbled out but he heard me.

“Why do you always get an attitude around me?” He chuckled.

“It’s just to keep that big ego down,” I giggled while ruffling up his hair.

“See, I miss that,” Todd said once I leaned up against the desk again. “You and I were so close. We were like siblings that drove each other nuts, but after Kylee and I broke up I never saw you.”

“It’s just… Kylee’s one of my best friends and I was shocked about what you did. That wasn’t the Todd that I knew,” I sighed while running a hand through my hair.

“But I’m different now. I finally woke up and smelled the coffee and I’m back to my old self,” He told me.

“Don’t you mean you woke up and smelled the Jack Daniels,” I shook my head.

“Nope, no more of that. Every once and a while I’ll have a drink at a party but that’s it,” He stated.

“I’m proud of you Todd. I know that was a problem for you,” I smiled.

“Thanks,” Todd grinned. “So… do you think we could be friends again?”

“I’d love to be friends again,” I beamed while we shared a big hug.

The two of us sat down and started talking. We set up a day for Kylee, Todd and I to have dinner and chatted for a long time.

“So you have a daughter right?” Todd asked.

“Yeah,” I smiled so brightly at the thought of her.

“I feel so disconnected,” He sighed.

“Well her name’s Emma and she’s adorable if I do say so myself,” I giggled.

I think Josh is telepathic because at that moment he came walking into my office, giving Emma a piggy back ride.

”Momma!” Emma squealed while she wiggling off of Josh’s back and ran over to me.

“Hey, sweetheart? Did you have fun with Daddy today?” I questioned while picking up my little girl.

“Yeah. He took me to the dirt bike shop!” She giggled.

“Oh he did?” I raised an eyebrow at my husband with a smile and he just shrugged.

Emma then put her little chubby hands on my cheeks and planted a big wet kiss on my lips. After that, she turned and looked at Todd.

“Hey man, what’s up?” Josh asked while they went to shake hands then did the little one armed guy hug thing.

“Just coming to apologize to your wife,” Todd told him.

“You guys are cool now?” Josh questioned.

“Yeah, we’re friends,” I smiled. “Emma this is Mommy and Daddy’s friend Todd. Todd this is Emma.”

Emma stayed in my arms but looked up at Todd who was smiling down at her.

“Hi Emma. You’re a very pretty little girl,” He flattered her.

“Thanks,” She shyly said.

“Mommy used to call him Toddie Bear,” I told her with a little giggle.

“Toddie bear!” She squealed with a smile and a little giggle.

Todd and Emma went on to converse a little before Emma gave him a big smile that looked just like Josh.

“I likes you,” She grinned while reaching out for him.

“I like you too Emma,” He replied while taking her in his arms.

“You my Toddie Bear,” Emma giggled while hooking her arms loosely around his neck and planting a kiss on his scruffy cheek.

“You’re my little M&M,” Todd chuckled. “Get it, cause it’s like Em but Em and Em, M&M.”

“We get it Todd,” Josh shook his head with a chuckle.

“Well, she’s certainly got your friendliness and people skills Kirstie,” Todd said to me.

“But she’s got Josh’s attitude,” I laughed.

Oh this turned out to be a good day! I got one of my best friends back!
♠ ♠ ♠
otter...todder potter!

The Grants and ole' toddie

comments?