We've Got More Than We Know

An Unwritten Rule!

Just as we had all settled down at the table a voice came bursting through the door.

“Sorry guys, I didn’t mean to be late I got here as soon-“ Keegan rambled but stopped dead in his tracks the second he walked into the dining room and his eyes landed right on me.

I haven’t seen Keegan since the day that we kissed and he left. I don’t know how he feels about me but I know he hates Josh; he’s always hated Josh. Ever since we kissed, Josh hasn’t had the kindest thoughts toward Keegan either.

”Keegie!” Emma squealed while getting up and running over to him and clung to his leg.

“Emma!” He smiled while picking her up. I liked that the harsh and stunned look he had on his face moments ago softened when our daughter when over to him.

“Keegie, will you teach me ta’ ride on the snow like you?” Emma asked him.

“Sure, I’ll take you up with me on the mountain sometime and I’ll teach you,” He grinned. “As long as it’s okay with your mom.”

“Yeah, that’s fine,” I mumbled out as Emma trotted back and sat in her chair.

“Wow Kirstie, I’m surprised that Josh lets you make decisions on your own. Doesn’t he have to control everything you do?” Keegan smirked.

”Keegan,” Kylee and her parents shot at him simultaneously.

“Look buddy, you’re the one who started this,” Josh growled while standing up in front of Keegan and poking his chest hard.

“Boys, stop it,” Ky’s dad spoke up. “What’s going on.”

“Why did you do that to my wife?” Josh asked him harshly, ignoring everyone attempts for them to stop.

“What? Take care of her while you ignored her?” Keegan shot back, raising his voice.

“No, why did you kiss my wife?” Josh shouted while getting in his face.

“Because she needed someone to comfort her and you weren’t there for her and I was! I didn’t mean to kiss her, it just happened!” Keegan shouted.

“That doesn’t change the fact that you kissed my wife!” Josh yelled. “Yeah at that point we were having problems but we worked through them. But didn’t it occur to you, hey this girls married, maybe I shouldn’t press my lips all over her!”

“You guys are fine now anyway,” He brushed it off. “Besides, that doesn’t change how I feel about her. I had feeling for her long before you did!”

“You did not!” Josh growled. “I was best friends with her from the time we were four years old. I love her and she loves me that’s why she’s married to me and not you!”

“Guys, just calm down,” Tanner said while pushing them apart and keeping a hand on each of their shoulders. “Why don’t you two take a minute to cool off.”

Josh stomped into another room and so I took Emma in there while they all talked to Keegan. I found Josh sitting on the couch, stewing over what just happened.

“Daddy, why are you angwy?” Emma softly asked while placing her little hand on his knee.

“I’m sorry you had to see me get angry Emma,” Josh apologized while pulling her up on his lap. “I’m okay.”

“I don’t wike it when you’re angwy,” She pouted while nuzzling her head into his chest.

“I’m alright sweetie. Don’t worry about it,” He smiled at her.

“I luv you Daddy,” Emma told him.

“I love you too baby, I love you so much,” Josh beamed while hugging her tightly. “I don’t know what I would do without you… or my other favorite girl,” He smiled up at me while opening one of his arms for me.

I sat down on his other leg that Emma wasn’t sitting on and gave both of my babies a few kisses. Josh seemed to calm down a lot by this. I know he can get really upset at times and I know he was really angry at Keegan. He forgave me a long time ago but he never really forgave Keegan, I know he thought that it was wrong of Keegan to just leave and Josh said it’s kind of an un-written rule for guys that you don’t hit on a married woman. apparently there is unwritten man rules…

“Kirstie,” Ky said as she came into the room and whispered in my ear. “Tanner wants everyone to come in and talk so I’m going to take Mason upstairs.”

“Okay,” I nodded my head. “I’ll take Emma up too. She doesn’t need to hear this, especially if it gets a little…interesting,” I whispered back.

“Em, want to go up and watch Finding Nemo?” I asked her.

“Yeah!” She squealed.

I picked her up and took her upstairs to a room with a tv and found Finding Nemo. I popped it in the DVD player while Kylee laid Mason down.

“We’ll be up to watch with you in just a little bit,” I smiled at her as I left a kiss on her head.

Kylee and I trotted back downstairs and pulled a very reluctant and grumbling Josh into the dining room to talk this out like adults hopefully like adults.
♠ ♠ ♠
SO EXCITED FOR THE RACE TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO JOSHIE!

The Grants

comments? about how josh is totally going to win tonight!