We've Got More Than We Know

I'm Not Afraid of Josh Grant

Men… I will never truly understand them. They just shoot comments at each other and then think they have the right to smash each other’s faces in. Thankfully, my man was here and defused the situation… for now.

“Why is he here?” Keegan snapped once the Grants were out of sight.

“They’re my friends, Keegan. I didn’t think you were coming, so I thought it’d be nice to have them over too,” I shot at him.

“Now, you two need to calm down. This isn’t anyone’s fault,” Tanner stepped in between Keegan and I this time.

“What is going on?” my dad asked with an annoyed tone in his voice.

“Some things happened a while back between Keegan and Kirstie while Josh was gone and… they were never resolved in the right way,” I sighed.

“What exactly happened?” my mom questioned.

“I kissed her! Why is this such a big deal?” Keegan groaned while running his hand through his hair. “Just because she has a tough guy husband that wants to jump people every second he gets, doesn’t mean it was that bad. I know it was wrong. That’s why I’ve stayed away. I’m sorry that I wanted to come back and see you guys and she was here with him,” he went on, getting more frustrated with every word.

“Well, it looks like tonight is starting to look like we need an intervention,” Tanner spoke up.

“I agree,” I countered. “I can’t have you two fighting like this in front of my child. Keegan, you almost got into a fight, in Tanner’s house, in front of his son. How do you think Tanner’s feelings towards you would change if this happened?” I questioned.

“You always find ways to make me feel like the size of an ant, Ky,” he mumbled at me.

“Aw, Keegs,” I cooed while walking over to him, pulling him in for a tight hug. “I just love you so much. I know you’re above all of this,” I told him while rubbing his back.

“Ky’s a pro at tough love,” Tanner added.

“Especially with you, little bro,” I teased, punching his arm lightly. “So, do you want to talk about this or keep up the violent behavior?” I went on.

“I really don’t want to talk to him,” he muttered.

“But you need to be civil. You can sit by me, Keegs. I’ll be on your side. Promise. You’re my bro,” I smiled.
/
He eventually agreed and I told Kirstie. Before we got this started, Kirstie and I took Mason and Emma up to Tanner and I’s room so Mason could lay on the bed since he had fallen asleep oddly enough and Emma could watch Finding Nemo.

Once Kirstie and I walked back downstairs, she went back into the living room to get Josh and I took a spot in between Tanner and Keegan. My parents sat at the ends of the table. When Josh walked out, he had that tough guy look on his face. Was that really needed? He just made me annoyed!

“Josh, is there something you would like to start with?” Tanner started.

“Yeah, the little punk kissed my wife,” Josh shot at Keegan.

“I wouldn’t have kissed her if you would have been there and took care of her like a real husband should,” Keegan snapped back.

“You still should have thought, oh, she’s married. Maybe it wouldn’t be the smartest idea to kiss her,” Josh argued.

“Well, it’s not my fault she felt alone and hated how you were treating her,” Keegan countered.

“Maybe if you didn’t come around, none of this would have happened,” Josh grumbled, hitting the table with his fist.

“Are you two finished?” I asked, looking between the two of them. Of course they both had glare shooting at me. “You’re just blaming each other for something that you both did wrong,” I went on.

“I did nothing wrong. He kissed my wife,” Josh threw at me with a little too much attitude.

“Josh, you’re in my house. Please respect my fiancée,” Tanner piped in. I wanted to kiss him. He stuck up for me… even though I didn’t really need him to.

“She’s disrespecting me!” he shot at Tanner.

“Did you honestly thing about why this little issue happened, Josh?” I asked, ignoring that little ‘disrespectful’ moment.

“Yeah, your douchebag of a brother walked into my house and kissed my wife while my daughter was in the house,” he battled back.

“Could you be anymore selfish?” Keegan muttered. Josh got that look in his face like he was going to reply not so nicely to that comment, so I made sure to butt in.

“Shut up! Both of you!” I snapped. “Josh, what you did was wrong! Keegan, what you did was wrong. You both were wrong!” I almost shouted.

“Josh, did you ever think how Kirstie felt before this happened? Have you ever truly felt alone?” I asked, bringing my tone down a bit. Of course he just looked at me.

“I’m a prefect example of that,” I went. “When I got pregnant and Tanner wasn’t there. What happened?” I asked.

He looked between Tanner and I, as if debating to open his mouth or not.

“Go ahead. Say it. I turned to Zak because I felt like no one else was there for me. He was the only one giving me that affection, that attention that I felt like I should have been given. I’ve told Tanner about all of this. Because that’s what you do in a relationship, Josh. You communicate no matter how bad it. So, in your guys’ case, Keegan was Kristie’s Zak,” I finished.

Josh dropped his eyes to the table, unable to bring them back up. I sighed and then started to lay it on my brother.

“And you probably shouldn’t have been at Kirstie’s. It’s one thing to say hi and play with Emma for a bit, but once you start getting closer to each other, one of you needs to say, whoa, I can’t do this. It may be hard, but you have too,” I told my brother.

He nodded his head slowly with his own eyes low. I sighed and put my head in my hands. I’m so annoyed with these two boys.

“Kirstie, is there anything you want to add?” Tanner asked while I was collecting myself.

“Not really,” she softly spoke.

“You sure? This is a table of peace,” Tanner went on, bringing a smile across my face. He’s so cute.

She didn’t add anything, although I think she really wanted to. I wanted Keegan and Josh to at least shake hands before they left, but they didn’t get that far. Josh went up to get Emma and then walked out the door. Of course Kirstie followed. Did I just waste almost a half hour of my life… for nothing?

“Proud of you, Keegs,” I told him, nudging him to get him talking.

“I really don’t like that guy,” he told me.

“I know. But no matter how much you don’t like him… and how much I’m starting not to like him, you don’t need to surround yourself with him. You got me and Tanner,” I told him through a smile.

“And Mason who has not yet seen his uncle tonight,” Tanner piped in.

A smile came across Keegan’s face before he climbed the stairs to get his nephew. Once he was out of sight, I let out a sigh and put my head in my hands. Tonight’s been stressful!

“You did good during that, babe,” Tanner spoke up while rubbing my back.

“I just wanted to smack both of their heads together!” I groaned.

“I think it’s cute how much you love your brother and will stick up for him though,” Tanner smiled once I relaxed into his chest.

“I’m not afraid of Josh Grant. And he sure isn’t going to be come at my brother like that,” I shot back.

“Keegan missed you a lot when you moved out, Ky,” my mom said.

“I miss him now,” I sighed, hugging onto Tanner.

“Maybe you two should have a sibling day soon. That might be good for both of you,” my dad added.

I nodded my head, agreeing with her. Before anyone could say anything else, Keegan came down with a cooing Mason in his arms. I smiled as he walked over and sat back down at the table with us. As much as I loved watching Tanner and Mason interact, it’s adorable seeing my brother play with his nephew.

Even though I was surprised that he came, I hope this helps him out by having that little intervention. I love my brother and will stick by him through anything… even if Josh Grant steps in and tries to shake down my bro.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not as excited for the supercross race tonight... Jake Weimer broke his arm :( Sad sheila :( lol

comment?