We've Got More Than We Know

Wodd!

After our breakfast, where I nearly threw up because of Josh’s shirtlessness we all decided that we should hit the slopes… Well, Keegan was more of an influence. I would much rather stay curled up with Todd all day. I was excited to see Mason on a board… even though he hasn’t even taken his first steps on his own yet.

“I think mommy has a little marshmallow,” I smiled down at Mason once he was all geared up for his day in the snow… he was a puffy thing.

He went on to let out a little giggle as he hid his little face in his mitten covered hands. I smiled and kissed his forehead before going downstairs where everyone else was. I stood next to Todd, making Mason look over at him. A small smile came over Todd’s scruffy face before Mason held his arms out for him. I smile and gladly handed him over.

“Keegie, I’m excited to snowboard,” Emma spoke as we were all heading out of the house.

“Well, I’m excited to teach you,” Keegan told her as she bounced over to him to grab his hand.

I smiled at the two and continued to walk with everyone. As time went on, Todd reached down and laced his fingers with mine. I glanced up at him, sending him a bigger smile than before.

“Ky, I think he wants to walk,” Todd spoke up after a few more steps.

I looked over at him to see Mason trying to wiggle his way out of Todd’s arms. He sat him down and held onto Mason’s little hand. He wobbled around for a few seconds until he steadied himself. I held onto his other hand and then Todd and I slowly took a few steps forward. Mason took a few big unbalanced steps before he lost his balance. He didn’t fall since Todd and I were holding onto him though.

“I’m just going to go a little ahead…” Todd said while gently letting go of Mason’s hand to take a few steps forward.

I stepped behind him and held onto both of his little hands. He stood there, watching Todd walk further away. He eventually turned around and smiled before he bent down.

“Wodd!” Mason shouted.

“Come here, bud,” Todd shouted back.

Mason took a few unsure steps with me, still holding his little hands tightly. But once he was about half way to Todd, he seemed stable enough and I let out, but stayed close to him. He didn’t need me though. He walked right into Todd’s out stretched arms. My smile was the biggest it had been all day! My baby just took his first steps… to Todd.

“Mason, you can walk!” I smiled at him while showering my boy with kisses.

He replied by giggling before he wiggled his way out of Todd’s arms again. He didn’t want to be held now. He wanted to go. We let him take a few steps ahead of us as we tried to catch up to everyone. He plopped onto his butt a few times, but the snow did a good job of cushioning his fall.

“Aw, he’s walking!” Kirstie cooed once we met everyone.

“Look out world. Mason Carter’s mobile,” I teased down at my boy, making him giggle once again.

“Check out what Uncle Keegs got you, Mase,” Keegan spoke up as he walked over with the tiniest snowboard in his hands. It was so cute!

“He just started walking. I’m not too sure strapping a board to his feet is such a good idea,” I told my brother.

“You and Todd can hold his hands and slide him. My nephew’s going to go pro before he’s even five!” Keegan shouted excitedly, making Todd and I chuckled.

“Ready, Mase?” I asked once Todd and I were on each side of him, holding his hands to get him rolling.

“Yeah!” he yelled, trying to pump his fists in the air. It didn’t work too well since Todd and I were holding them, but… I can’t deny that he looked and sounded so much like his father when he did that.

Pushing that aside, Todd and I started walking along side him as his little board slid across the snow. A huge smile was on his face. I’m pretty sure mine was there too. I’m so glad I came now.

After everyone was snowed out… except for Emma who wanted to keep riding with Keegie, we went back to the cabin. The kids were tired out, so I took Mason up to my room to get him changed. Before I could pick him up to lay in his little bed, he was already laying on mine, watching an animated movie that was on TV. I smiled at him before I climbed in next to him and wrapped the blankets around the two of us, resulting in Mason resting his head against my chest. A few minutes later, the door slowly opened, revealing Todd with some warm, yummy looking liquid in a mug and a sippy cup. Once our eyes met, he slowly walked over and eased his way on the other side of Mason. I sat up just a little with Mason still in my arms so that I would see Todd better.

“Does he like hot chocolate?” Todd asked with a little smirk on his face.

“He’s getting ready to lay down. Don’t give him hot chocolate,” I said through a giggle.

“Too late,” he went on to smirk still while handing the sippy cup to my baby.

Before I could snatch it away, Mason put it to his lips and start drinking it. I sent Todd a playful glare that only made him chuckle cutely.

“I got mommy some too,” he smiled innocently with those dark eyes sparkling.

Even though I would probably have a hyper son sooner than later, I took the mug that he was holding out to me and sipped it slowly. As time went on, Todd’s arms coiled around the two of us, pulling us against his chest in a warm embrace. This is where Mason eventually fell asleep. I thought it was cute. I smiled and left a soft kiss on the top of his head before I turned my lips to Todd’s. Once we parted, he smiled, making me nuzzle my way into the crook of his neck. This is my new happy place… and I don’t ever want to leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
Omg I hate how catchy that song is! lol I kinda... want to listen to it now haha

Ky

comment pleeease :D