We've Got More Than We Know

The Ugly Snowman

After all of us were done with snowboarding besides Emma who’s a little ball of energy we headed back to the cabin. Kylee immediately disappeared upstairs with Mason while Todd went into the kitchen and came back out with hot chocolate then he too disappeared up the stairs.

Josh plopped down on the couch and opened his arms for me, so I sat down. Keegan was laying down on his back, on the floor while Emma ran circles around him .Eventually as she let out a squeal and jumped onto his stomach.

“Ugh,” Keegan groaned as the wind got knocked out of his stomach. “Ow.”

“Keegie, are you okay?” Emma asked while crawling on his chest and up closer to his face.

“Yeah, I’m okay,” He mumbled.

Emma leaned down so close to his face that their noses were touching. She put her little hands on his cheeks and looked right into his eyes.

“Are you tewwing me da truf?” She questioned, completely serious.

“Yes, I’m okay,” He chuckled out.

“Emma, why don’t we do something that doesn’t hurt Keegie so much,” I giggled as Emma crawled off of him and he rubbed his stomach.

“What do we do?” Emma asked me while crawling onto the couch.

“We could go snowboard some more,” Keegan suggested.

“I think if we go snowboarding again Emma is going to sleep until next Thursday,” Josh laughed.

“Okay… snowmobiles!” Keegan grinned.

“Yeah!” Josh and Emma both squealed.

“How about we go build a snowman,” I proposed.

“That’s a good idea,” Josh smiled along with Keegan.

snowman!” Emma giggled while clapping her hands.

We all got bundled up again and went outside to make snowmen. Emma started on a little tiny one and she didn’t want anyone to help. She said it was a surprise and no one could look until she was done. We tried taking a few peeks but she wasn’t having any of that.

“You can’t look!” She ordered us. “Not til I’m done,” She went on shaking her head. That girl so has Josh’s attitude.

“Okay, we’ll I’m going to make a Todd snowman,” I giggled. “It’s going to be an ugly snowman but…”

“We should make Kirstie and Kylee,” Keegan suggested to Josh.

“Dude!” Josh laughed. “Yes, let’s start.”

“Should I be afraid of what you’re going to the snow version of Kylee and I?” I asked. “You’re probably going to make our snowmen fat!”

“We are not,” Josh told me. “I love you, I wouldn’t make fun of you in snow form.”

“Oh really?” I teased while putting my hand on my hip.

“Yes, really,” He replied.

“Okay, Kirstie, you can’t look until we’re done!” Keegan stated.

“Fine, I’ll work on Todd,” I said while turning back to my snowman.

I rolled my three balls of snow and stacked them on top of each other. I looked around and I found some dead plants and twigs. I stuck in his arms and placed the leaves and brush on his head and on the face for his scruffy beard. I got some black stones for his eyes and got some more brush for those bushy eyebrows of his. Oh those eyebrows… it looks like he has a couple caterpillars up there… or two mini mustaches. I put the rocks for his mouth in a smirk too.

As I was finishing up, Josh pulled the hat off of my head. He ran back to his and Keegans snowmen and put it on top but stood in front of it so I couldn’t see.

“Well I finished my Todd snowman,” I giggled while they all looked at it. Once they saw it, everybody busted out into laughs.

“I’m almost done Mommy,” Emma spoke up.

“What are you making sweetie?” I asked.

“Everyone gets theirs own baby snowman,” She smiled but still wouldn’t let me see.

“We’re close to finishing,” Keegan informed me.

I picked up a few rocks and started throwing them at the window of the room that Kylee, Todd and Mason were in. They had to come see these snowmen! But they were ignoring me. I started throwing the rocks harder and I sort of… kind of…. Broke it. As the glass shattered they all came over to the window.

“What did you do?” Kylee laughed.

By now, Keegan and Josh were lying in the snow cracking up and Emma was hysterical as well. Todd was glaring at me and Kylee laughed along with her son. I was pretending to cringe but I was giggling as well.

“I was trying to get your attention,” I explained. “Todd I made a snowman version of you! Come see it!”

“Okay, I’m coming little miss clumsy,” He shot back as the three of them left the broken window and started to come down.

Oh well, it’s just a window right? They’ll forget all about it when they see the snowman of Todd it is a really ugly and scary snowman, I mean… it looks like Todd!
♠ ♠ ♠
i know it is super catchy and i'm so emberassed to say i like it!
guess what though guys, i have a snow day! whoo! i'm watching gilligan's island and writing! and staring at josh but that's nothing new

Kirstie

comments?