We've Got More Than We Know

Big Old Jet Airliner

“NEW YORK?” Kylee and I shouted when our plane was called.

“See, you like it,” Josh grinned at us.

“I want to be so mad at you two right now…” Ky said while crossing her arms.

“But you’re going to have so much fun! I personally made sure of it. Josh and I set up some fun stuff,” Todd told her.

All of us got our seats on the plane and Emma went into our row first since she wanted to sit by the window. I went in the middle as Josh took the seat on the end. Emma loves it when we take off but once we had reached a stable altitude and could unbuckle the seatbelts, she fell asleep.

Josh had brought his alpinestar gear bag as a carry on and he had a pillow for her. I gently slipped it under her head and she immediately snuggled into it. Josh also brought one of her teddy bears and gave it to her which she held onto while she slept.

“Are you excited?” Josh softly asked while lacing our fingers together.

“Yes!” I quietly squealed.

“I’m glad. Todd and I have spent a lot of time planning this and I’m glad you’re happy because that’s what it’s all about,” He cutely said.

“You’re so sweet,” I cooed while leaning over and kissing him. “How long will we be gone?”

“A week,” He replied.

“Is that okay for your schedule, with not practicing and all?” I questioned.

“Yeah, it’s fine,” Josh reassured me.

“Did you pack everything? Toothbrushes, shampoo, coats – it’s probably cold in New York this time of the year,” I started listing things off.

“Yep, I got it all. Don’t worry,” He told me. “Besides, if I did forget anything we can just go buy it.”

“Yeah that’s true,” I agreed. “Did you lock both garages?”

“Yes,” He stated.

“What about my boss, does he know?” I asked.

“Kirstie, yes he knows,” Josh chuckled. “Honey, I took care of everything; I know it’s your motherly duty to check but I got it all covered. Just sit back and enjoy yourself.”

“Okay, thanks baby,” I smiled while laying my head on his shoulder and eventually falling asleep.

When I woke up, Emma was gently shaking me and saying, “Mommy, mommy, we’re hewe!”

“Yay!” I beamed once I woke up. “I’m so excited!”

“Me too!” Ky buzzed with Mason sitting on her hip.

Josh and Todd got the carry-ons while Emma crawled on my back and I gave her a piggy back ride. All of us walked toward baggage claim, picked up our bags and got a taxi. The whole way to the hotel Kylee and I were buzzing. I think we were rubbing off on our kids too because Mason was getting excited and Emma was squealing while pointing at different things.

“I love that there’s just so much history here,” I smiled. “I mean, immigrants that passed through Ellis Island came here for freedom and this was the first place they saw.”

“Kirstie, don’t ruin my nice moment with your dumb epiphanies,” Todd teased with Kylee tucked in his arms.

“They’re not dumb!” I battled.

“Yeah, I like hearing them,” Josh defended me while wrapping an arm around me.

“Don’t be mean to my Mommy, Toddie!” Emma sternly told him while he let out a chuckle.

“Yeah Toddie!” I giggled.

Soon enough we got to our hotel and holy crap this place was huge! I was super excited! Kylee and I were oohing and awing over everything as our boys led us inside.

“You could go sit down on those couches while we check in,” Todd suggested.

“Yeah, we won’t be long,” Josh smiled while nodding to the couches.

Kylee and I took our luggage and the kids over to the waiting area and plopped down. Our kids had jet lag for sure. Mason was sleeping in Ky’s arms and even though Emma slept for a while on the plane she still laid her head in my lap while I stroked her hair. It was 9:00 here but it was only 6:00 back home, the time difference is so weird!

“I’m so excited to be here!” Kylee smiled.

“Me too. I can’t believe our boo’s did this for us,” I happily sighed.

“They’re so sweet. When we get back home we’ll have to do something for them,” She suggested.

“Totally!” I agreed.

We sat there, chatting about different things and how we were definitely going shopping! But checking in sure was taking a long time.

“I wonder what’s taking them so long,” Ky voiced my thoughts.

“I don’t know, but it looks like we’re about to find out,” I said as Todd came walking over.

“What’s up Toddie?” Kylee asked him as he sat on the armrest of the couch.

“They lost our reservation and they don’t have two rooms that were the same as the ones we reserved,” Todd grumbled.

“We can stay somewhere else,” I spoke up.

“Well…. Josh is talking to them,” Todd smirked.

“Oh gosh,” I giggled.

For those of you who don’t know, Josh doesn’t have the best temper when dealing with these things. He’s not going to yell at the people or anything but he’ll sure get what he wants. Trust me. He’s good at arguing with the people and he pretty much always wins. Josh will get what he wants in situations like these. He only loses an argument when he chooses too, luckily when him and I are arguing neither of us wants to be so he gives it up and usually starts kissing me and then we make up.

“Yeah, Josh asked for the manager because he said it’s not our fault that they lost our reservation so they’re going to get us a room one way or another,” Todd laughed as did Kylee and I when we heard this. It totally doesn’t surprise me.

We looked over and saw my hubby debating with the manager but about five minutes later he came over to us with a smile and a room key.

“You got it?” Todd asked.

“Of course,” Josh replied. “But, they didn’t have two rooms so they got us a suite at the top but all of us have to stay in it together. It’s super big though so I think it’ll be okay.”

“Todd and Kirstie may kill each other but…” Ky trailed off with a laugh.

“Eh, if we don’t come back with Todd that’s alright,” I shrugged with a giggle.

We got a cart and a bellboy took our bags up for us. Josh carried up Emma and Todd took Mason while Kylee and I walked behind them. As we got into the elevator a guy who was close to our age was standing there in a Metal Mulisha shirt, alpinestar hat, dark sunglasses, and tattoos. All of us noticed him and shared a smile.

The guy smiled at all of us as we walked in the elevator but took a second glance at Todd and Josh… then he took another glance.

“Are you..” The guy trailed off.

“Todd Potter and Josh Grant, Yes,” Todd smiled.

“Holy crap! This is so cool!” The guy buzzed. “I’m into motocross and freestyle if you can’t tell.”

“Do you ride?” Josh asked.

“Yeah, Honda,” He replied.

“Awesome,” Todd and Josh simultaneously replied while Emma lifted up her head off of Josh’s chest and looked at the man.

“Daddy, he wooks wike you,” She smiled then looked at the guy. “My Daddy wides motocwoss!”

“I know, I like your Dad,” The guy smiled.

“Sorry I didn’t catch your name,” Josh said to him.

“Brent,” He replied.

“Nice to meet you Brent. This is my daughter Emma and my wife Kirstie,” Josh introduced us.

“Do you ride?” Brent asked Emma who was curiously looking at him.

“No, my daddy said he’s going to gets me a pink dirt bike though,” Emma told him.

“That’s sweet. You’re going to have a little moto girl,” Brent grinned at Josh but then looked at Mason “Is this your son Todd?”

“Uh… no,” Todd started with his cheeks turning red. “This is my girlfriend Kylee and it’s her son Mason. He’s my bud though,” Todd grinned.

“He’s cute. He’s got the same hair as you though,” Brent told Todd.

Both Kylee and Todd’s faces were so red by now. It was actually kind of cute. We got to our floor and found our suite. IT WAS SO HUGE! I’m loving this time in New York and we’ve only been here for a couple hours!
♠ ♠ ♠
spider-man 3 was on TV and i watched it then when it was over i had to run upstairs and get the first one and i'm watching it. I'm right at the part when the guy in the subway is singing,"dressed like a spider looks like a bug we should all give him one hug look out woo! here comes spider man!" hahaha omg that guy is so funny!

The Grants

comments?