We've Got More Than We Know

I Thought It'd Be Warm

We ended up walking to a museum. It was fascinating. I thought so anyway. The boys and Emma weren’t too amused. Mason just wanted to go out and stay in the snow… I kind of did too.

Todd suggested that we go our separate ways since Emma wanted to do… whatever she wanted to do. The Grants finally got a taxi and Todd and I walked with Mason to Central Park… that was snow covered. He let go of both of Todd and I’s hands to take off running in the snow. It was so cute! And then he… fell, face first into the fluffy flakes. After he looked back at us, laughing, Todd and I laughed too.

“I worry the more he’s around you,” I teased towards Todd as we walked to Mason who was on the run again.

“Why?” Todd asked, looking at me with his features wrinkled up.

“He’s getting that ‘dare devil’ attitude,” I told him, unable to hide my smile.

“That’s good. Maybe I should get him a dirt bike since he’s walking now. His birthday is coming up soon,” he replied.

“Yeah…” I sighed, trailing off towards the end.

“You don’t want him to have a dirt bike?” he went on to ask with disappointment in his voice.

“No. I would love him to have one, but… It’s just… never mind,” I shrugged off, walking over to Mason who was attempting to make a snowball.

“No, tell me what’s going on. I want to know. If something’s bothering you, it’s bothering me too,” he told me, tugging on my arm to turn me back around to face him.

I did everything I could to keep my eyes off of his, but he cupped my cheek and tilted my head up, forcing me to gaze into his dark brown eyes. I didn’t want to tell him. For some reason, I feel really, really awkward when I bring up Tanner around Todd. It’s just something that I have a hard time doing… and I didn’t want to start it here, but he was kind of forcing me too.

“You know how… Tanner gets Mason on the weekends?” I started and then went on once he nodded his head. “Well, Mason’s birthday… falls on a… Saturday,” I finally pushed out.

He seemed stunned. I think he just didn’t really know what to say. But he did eventually place is arm around me, pulling me tightly against his chest.

“We can celebrate it Friday morning if you want… or even Thursday. Or… you and Tanner could work things out where you both have a little birthday party for him… together,” he said, having a hard time getting that last word out.

“I don’t know. I just want to be with him on his first birthday,” I sighed, continuing to walk to my boy.

I knew Todd had an opinion and wanted to voice it. He’s Todd! He always has a thought about everything and usually doesn’t filter anything from his brain to his mouth. For some reason, he held it in. I think it was because Mason was around.

“Snow!” Mason giggled while tossing some in the air, making it fall with more snowflakes.

“Do you like snow, Mase?” I smiled, kneeling down next to him.

“Yeah!” he squealed, throwing some at Todd.

“Oh, it’s on, little man,” Todd told him before grabbing his own snow and making it fall over Mason, sending him into another fit of giggles.

This started a small snowball fight between my two boys. I stood back and watched with a huge smile on my face. That may have not been the smartest thing to do, looking back now.

“I think mommy needs to get in on this, Mason,” Todd told him while packing snow into his hands already.

“No, mommy’s just going to stand here and watch how cute my two boys are that I love so much,” I grinned innocently.

“Get her!” Mason smile while running towards me.

Once he was close enough, he wrapped his little arms around my legs. Before Todd got any ideas, I went down to the ground, which may have not been the greatest idea of mine. Todd came over and piled on top of me and… stuffed snow into my coat. What is with boys and putting cold things on me?

“Todd, that’s so cold,” I shot at him, squirming around so much.

“Really? I thought it’d be warm for you,” he chuckled while my son joined in.

I shot him a look before I mustered up the strength to flip him onto his back to stuff snow down his coat. This made Mason laugh even harder than before. He didn’t help me though. Shows how much he loves his mommy.

After we were finished with our little snow fight, we pulled our soaking wet selves off of the ground and walked back to the hotel. By the time we got back to our room, we were pretty much dripping everywhere.

“What’d you guys do?” Kirstie giggled once she caught sight of us.

“This is what happens when you let two little kids free in the snow,” Todd spoke up teasingly.

“Oh, shut up. You and Mason started this. I was drug into it by you two,” I battled back, making Todd’s whole smile come through.

He went on to argue with me playfully. I just let him go while I took Mason to get us out of these wet clothes. As I was doing this, I thought about our time here. We were leaving tomorrow. I loved this little trip we had here. I felt like Todd and I have gotten so much closer along with him and Mason. Now we’re going back home that I do kind of miss. But anywhere I’m with Mason and Todd, is the perfect place to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought it was friggin hilarious! lol I loved the part where Rutledge's truck broke down and Tanner's sitting on the tailgate and it says I <3 sheep on the back window. and Rutledge is all did you write I love sheep on that? and tanner's just like ... no.
or when they kept calling Tanner's truck purple.... or when Adam asked Tanner if he preferred to take it in the bummer haha :D

Ky

comment pleeease :D