We've Got More Than We Know

Crashing

Do you know how long we’ve been in this airport? Twelve hours! It’s now seven at night. We had way too overly priced airport junk for ‘dinner’. And the kids seemed to have hit this hyper spurt and it’s not very pretty.

“Mason Carter, you stop running,” I told him, chasing after him.

Apparently, he found this oh so funny and giggled as he ran. If he falls on his face, he’s not going to be laughing! Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Todd spring up and go the other way. We’re coming for you Mason!

He eventually started running in circles around the rows we were sitting in. Todd nabbed onto him, making Mason giggle and try and squirm out of his arms. But Todd’s arms were hooked tightly around him. That boy wasn’t going anywhere.

“Time out, Mase,” Todd said while sitting on the floor, holding Mason in his lap.

Mason wasn’t having this though. He started wiggling around again. Of course, he started whining a few seconds into this. To make the boy happy, Todd eventually let him go… and he started running around again. How does he have this much energy? Emma’s actually sitting with Kirstie watching Finding Nemo. Why can’t Mason sit with them?

We let him go this time; let him run all of his energy out. That didn’t work too well. He came running in front of us. He was sending us a little smirk… and tripped. I thought he was ok, but then he just started bawling. Aw, my poor baby. I hurried to his side, but Todd beat me there. He quickly scooped him up and pressed him lightly against his chest, shushing him gently. I know my baby was crying, but this was so cute.

“It’s ok, baby,” I told him once his little eyes fell on mine.

Big tears fell from his eyes, making me pout at him. He went on to hide his little face in Todd’s chest. I smiled and wrapped my arms around Todd’s middle, resting my head on his shoulder. Once Mason’s sobs quieted down, I left a soft kiss on the top of his head.

“Wouldn’t Todd be the cutest daddy for your second child?” Kirstie spoke up.

Todd rolled his eyes while gently rubbing Mason’s back. So, I stuck up for my man.

“You just called Todd cute… you are aware of that right?” I teased.

“I said cute daddy. I didn’t call Todd cute!” she shot back.

“You did indirectly,” I smirked.

“Did not!” she whined.

“You did,” Todd chuckled at her.

“Shut up, you hairy beast,” she told him, making Josh snort out a giggle.

“Stop picking on him!” I shot at her playfully.

“Stop picking on me for picking on him!” she complained.

“Can you two just be quiet!” Josh groaned. “Kirstie thinks I’m cute. Kylee, you think Todd’s cute. There! We’re totally fine,” he went on to finish.

“Someone’s grouchy,” I mumbled while crossing my arms.

“I’ve been stuck in an airport with you… for twelve hours!” he groaned.

“And you don’t think I’m annoyed by you!” I shot at him.

“There’s going to be a fight,” Todd said in a sing songy way.

“No there’s not. He knows I could take him,” I mumbled while crossing my arms.

“The only reason you would win was because I wouldn’t hit a girl,” Josh spoke up, sounding annoyed.

“Chicken,” I giggled at him.

“It’s not being a chicken. It’s just the right thing to do,” he replied, thinking he was the man right now.

I gave up. When he gets in these moods, there’s no changing it. And they call Todd cocky. Josh is just as cocky! Todd went on to lay on his back, keeping Mason pressed against his chest. I scooted over and gently placed his head in my lap so that I could run my fingers through his thick hair.

“I love you,” he smiled up at me.

“I love you too,” I beamed before bending down and leaving a soft kiss on his lips.

Once we parted, we both shared a smile. A few seconds later, both my little boy and Todd let out a big yawn. It was adorable! I giggled before giving each of them a kiss.

“I think I have two sleepy boys,” I said softly, continuing to stroke Todd’s hair.

“Crashing,” he yawned again.

“Go to sleep,” I told him.

“I want to hold you too though,” he pouted cutely.

“That’s going to work lovely with these comfy, comfy chairs,” I teased.

His features wrinkled up… and it scared me. He’s thinking too hard. He slowly got up and gently placed Mason in my lap who was half asleep. Todd went on to grabbed our coats and hoodies that were in a pile. He laid two out and laid down on them, patting the spot next to him. I smiled and crawled up into his arms, allowing Mason to resume his position on his chest. Once we were settled, Todd flung his big, warm coat around the all of us. Aw.

“You’re being really cute right now,” I told him with my head resting on his chest.

“I try,” he smirked cutely.

I giggled and reached up to give his lips a loving kiss before returning my head back to where it was before. He tightened his grip around me, holding me tighter against his warm body.

Never have I ever thought I’d be curled in on the floor of an airport in New York with my little boy and boyfriend. It’s cute; don’t get me wrong, but… I wish we were home. I so hope our plane resumes flight soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
My mum tells me that alllll the time lol... and last night my sister did when we were watching Top Gear. I'm still in denial... he's just sexy :D