We've Got More Than We Know

Unnle Wosh and Woddie Beawr

The next morning when I woke up, I hoped to open my eyes and find out it was all a dream…..it wasn’t. I was laying on the row of chairs next to Josh while Emma was laying on top of Josh. I stood up and let out a big groan as my back cracked loudly.

“I did not wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy,” I chuckled while looking at a very sleepy looking Todd and Kylee who were sitting upright in their chairs while Mason crawled around.

“That depends, maybe P Diddy wakes up and has to crack his back,” Todd snickered.

“Kirstie, you’re little Grant gang is awake,” Ky informed me.

My Grant gang?” I asked with a giggle.

“Yeah, that’s what I call them,” She giggled along with me.

I turned around and sat down next to Josh who had Emma in his arms. I gently stroked Emma’s hair and left a kiss on her cheek.

“Hey sweetie, how are you?” I softly asked.

“Sweepy,” She told me without opening her eyes.

“Go back to sleep honey,” I encouraged.

“No, the chairs don’t feel good,” Emma stated.

“I’ll hold you sweetheart, go back to sleep,” Josh gently told her.

She snuggled into her daddy and laid her head in the crook of his neck. Josh hooked his arms around her and Emma’s little arms found their way around his neck as her eyes closed and she fell back asleep.

“I hope we’re not stuck here much longer,” Kylee voiced the thoughts of all of us.

“Yeah, I might end up throwing Kirstie out of the window,” Todd piped up.

“No!” Mason ordered Todd as he came over and clung to my leg.

“See,” I smiled while bending down to pick up my little ’nephew’ he’s such a cutie… no thanks to Tanner. “Mason will protect me too.”

“Hey Mase,” Ky started while I went over and sat down next to her with Mason in my lap. “Can you say Aunt Kirstie?”

“Au Kousie!” He squealed.

”Aww,” Kylee and I simultaneously cooed.

“What about, Uncle Josh?” I prodded.

“Unnle Wosh!” Mason smiled.

“Say, ugly bear!” I giggled while pointing at Todd.

“Woddie Beawr!” He countered with.

“Ha! See, Mase loves me,” Todd said while opening his arms for Mason and he crawled over Kylee’s lap and went to Todd.

”Ladies and Gentleman, may I have your attention please. Due to weather conditions in other areas of the country, some flights are still cancelled while others have resumed. Please check your board to see an update.”

All of our heads whipped to the board. Please be working! Soon enough ours flipped from cancelled to boarding. YES! Everyone let out a cheer and we gathered up our bags as the doors opened and we could get on the plane.

We quickly took our seats and Kylee, Todd and Mason were sitting in the row right ahead of us. Our plane took off as quickly as it could and when we reached a stable altitude Emma unbuckled her seat belt and crawled into my lap where I held onto her while she rested and took a little nap.

“I’m so happy to be going home,” Josh grinned while laying his head on my shoulder.

“Me too,” I agreed.

“When we get back, you and I need to have some special time. This whole week I couldn’t give you a yummy kiss without someone throwing a comment at us,” Josh pouted.

I leaned over and pressed my lips passionately to his and I could immediately tell he was enjoying the kiss. But of course, Todd who was in the seat in front of me, turned around and threw a wadded up napkin at us.

“I can hear you guys from up here,” Todd shot at us.

“We’re married, deal with it,” Josh battled while pressing those yummy plump lips back up to mine.

“What does being married have to do with any of it?” Todd countered, making Josh pull away one more time.

“Because being married means you can do that,” Josh smirked, knowing it was a stupid excuse but Todd just rolled his eyes and turned around.

Right now I just want to go home, cuddle with my husband and daughter and give them lots of kisses. Hopefully this flight won’t last too long.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well that's because you are!!!

comments?