We've Got More Than We Know

Zip It Grant

Today Josh was practicing at home but I still don’t really get to see him so I decided to take Emma in to the Rockstar office to see everyone. I’m still on leave from the office but I started working again from home, just doing a few. In a couple months I’ll probably start going in again but not full time.

“Katie,” I smiled as I walked into the office and saw her sitting at the front desk, doing all her secretary work.

“Kirstie!” She grinned as she got up and hugged me then fawned over at the almost five month old Emma. “She’s so cute!”

“Thanks. I knew she’d be cute though, I mean Josh is her daddy,” I giggled.

“All the graphic designers are in a meeting with John, you should go in there,” she told me.

“I will,” I replied as I gave her another hug.

“You need to come back soon though. We miss you here, it’s too quiet and not as funny!” Katie called out as I walked away, laughing at her comment.

I sauntered down the hall and walked into the meeting room where everyone was sitting at a big table. They all looked at me and I smiled before plopping down in an empty chair and say Emma on my lap.

“Well watcha’ wasting time for John, get on with the meeting!” I teased.

“What are you doing here?” John asked.

“I’m bored,” I shrugged.

“Oh so you just come interrupt my meeting?” He questioned.

“Uh yeah pretty much,” I chuckled.

I looked across the table and saw Kylee sitting next to Zak. She seemed a little upset but when Emma’s big caramel eyes landed on her Auntie Kylee she let out a baby squeal. Kylee reached out her arms and I handed Emma to her.

“So this is Emma?” Zak asked.

“Yeah,” I smiled.

“She’s a little cutie,” Jessica, another graphic designer spoke up.

All of them went on to ooh and aw over her and I thought it was pretty adorable. But then they kept asking me when I was coming back.

“The one nice thing about you having Emma is that it’s so much quieter around here,” John chuckled.

“Hey! I’m not the only one who talks!” I battled.

“But your energy and ADHD spills over onto everyone else and makes them more talkative,” He countered with a laugh.

“You’re a mean boss,” I pouted.

“Zip it Grant,” He shot back playfully.

I let out a giggle before looking over at Kylee who was still holding Emma and Zak was smiling down at her. Kylee just didn’t look… right. Something was wrong and I could tell. She told me a few days ago that she went to the doctor and she is pregnant. I was happy for her but I know this is stressful. I don’t know if she’s told Tanner yet. I’m judging by the look on her face that’s a yes.

I took Emma from her then asked what was wrong.

“Tanner…left,” she softly said.

”He left?” I shot back, completely stunned.

“He was mad at me and thought that I got pregnant just to make him marry me,” she cried while I pulled her in for a hug.

“Why in the world would he think that?” I asked to no one in particular.

“Because he’s a jerk,” I heard Zak mumble out.

“I don’t know why he’d act like that,” Kylee cried.

“I’m so sorry Kylee,” I tried to soothe.

“That’s okay, you didn’t have anything to do with it,” she sniffled.

“If there’s anything I can do just tell me. Maybe you could come stay with Josh and I for a couple days or something,” I suggested.

“Yeah maybe.”

I seriously want to hurt Tanner Foust right now. If I were him he’d better watch out!
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah Todd will be back wether you like the way he's back or not is a different story though lol jk! just keep reading!
whoo getting pizza tonight and having an A-Team marathon until midnight when they light fireworks off of the space needle!

Kirstie

comments?