We've Got More Than We Know

You Are An Angel

“I’m only four months and I feel so fat already,” I groaned while sitting on Kirstie’s couch like I have been nearly every day since Tanner and I’s little… dispute.

“It’s only starting, Ky,” Kirstie smirked as Emma crawled off of her lap and onto mine.

“Just because you’ve been through this before doesn’t mean you can be my pregnancy coach,” I teased.

“Well, someone needs to do it since he’s not around,” she grumbled.

“I can’t control what he does,” I sighed.

“But still… he hasn’t called at all?” she asked, showing her frustration towards my baby’s daddy Tanner.

“No, but… I think he has races in Europe,” I tried to defend him… for reasons unknown to me.

“Out of all the people I thought would do this, he has to be the last person I would expect it from,” she kept going.

“Yeah,” I sighed while forcing a smile at Emma who returned it and bounced in my lap, clapping her little hands together.

“Anyway… Zak’s been a little sweetheart, huh?” she taunted, nudging me, bringing a shade of pink over my face. “Aw,” she had to coo, bringing my smile across too.

“He’s been nice, but he’s always nice, so it’s nothing new,” I recovered with.

“But you two have a bit of a past with each other,” she countered while raising her eyebrow.

“He’s cute,” I was able to get out.

“And you think he’s nice… what else do you need in a man?” she giggled.

I almost blurted out Tanner, but I felt my baby move and it brought a smile through once again as I cradled my growing tummy. Kirstie flashed a smile too. She knew.

After this, I didn’t stay much longer. I just wanted to get home and relax. I’ve been stressing out way too much lately. And it’s mostly Tanner’s fault. But I’m not one to blame people, so I just kind of ignore that I have a baby’s daddy… I just magically got pregnant… even though I laugh at myself when I think that.

When I got home, I went inside and put comfy clothes on. I haven’t made it out to go pregnant clothes shopping yet. The thought alone makes me cringe, but… my stuffs not fitting anymore. It gets harder and harder to find stuff to wear to work. I don’t think it would be too professional to wear sweat pants and hoodies.

Once I was changed, I collapsed onto my bed and turned the TV on. For some absurd reason, the channel that it was on was the History Channel. Know what was on the History Channel… Top Gear! And of course Tanner was jumping around in a little Ford F150 Raptor, looking so adorable with that smile on his face.

I sighed and changed the channel to something that doesn’t interest me at all. It was just mainly background noise. As the minutes passed though, I realized I didn’t need this background noise. Someone was slowly walking up my stairs. I figured it was Kirstie, being herself. But once the big, muscular frame of Zak filled my vision, I smiled.

“How you feeling?” he asked softly, walking closer to me with a bag in his hands.

“Tired. How else do I feel anymore?” I said through a quiet giggle.

“Well, I brought you something… and it may make you a little more tired, but I think that’s all right,” he smiled.

He took something out of the bag and it made me smile even more. In his hands was a container of ice cream… cookies and cream ice cream. My favorite!

“You are an angel,” I smiled once he handed it to me along with a spoon.

“You mentioned something that you’ve been craving that, but haven’t gotten any yet. I figured I’d stop by and see how you’re doing,” he explained.

But I didn’t care. My attention was on this ice cream. I did manage to get Zak to sit with me… and share my yummy frozen treat. Between the two of us, we’ve had the whole container gone within fifteen minutes. Once it was gone, I was more tired than before… and cold. I pulled my covers up over me, but I was still shivering. I didn’t even ask Zak or let on anything, but he still reached over and pulled me against his warm body.

I’m blaming the ice cream, but the baby started doing it’s moving thing once again. Zak smiled down at me as he placed his large hand on my stomach, rubbing it gently.

This is where I stayed the rest of the night. I couldn’t even tell you if Zak stayed or left. I fell asleep and wasn’t moving for anything. But before I nodded off, I kept getting this feeling that… this wasn’t right. Tanner should be here. It’s his child, but… Zak, Kirstie, Josh, and my family are here for me. Tanner should replace Zak’s position… I want him to replace Zak’s position! There’s not too much I can do about it though… I really wish I could though.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guess what I'm watching now! GHOST ADVENTURES!!!!! hehe Zak Bagans is yummy :D lol

Ky

comment?