‹ Prequel: The Wasted Days.

Attero Vicis

infitialis

I never believed in wishing on petty things like dandelions and shooting stars; I always thought it was silly and childish. I couldn’t see how it would help the situation. That all changed when Salem started dying; I found myself staying up late just to watch the clock flick to eleven eleven, I knocked on wood, I watched the stars, praying for one to start falling. I needed a miracle, anything that would change her mind.

She’s been gone for months, but that doesn’t stop the guilt from eating me alive. It picks and tears at my bones and it pulls at my guts, making me feel miserable to the very core. I know I could have stopped it, I know I should have picked up on it sooner. There were signs everywhere, but I was ignorant to them all. She was quiet, she stopped eating, she was pale. A million and two points in time where I should have noticed the sickness taking her from me.

Sometimes I dream that she’s back in my arms, that we’d gotten a fairy tale moment. Sometimes I feel here next to my skin and I can imagine that she’d given in soon enough, that I wasn’t left here alone. Sometimes pictures aren’t enough of a reminder. Sometimes I think about joining her, wherever she went.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure what to consider this. It's half a sequel, half just a spin-off. It's in Jared's point of view, half memories and dreams, half how he's dealing with Salem's death. If you have any ideas or a certain something you want me to explain from his point of view please tell me.