Status: SEMI-ACTIVE.

Something, Maybe

Spotlight

I was walking down the icy path to my roommates aunts house. She had invited me over for Christmas with her family, considering mine was in Greece on vacation. My dark hair was pulled into a loose braid, and a knit beret. My heels clicked on the sidewalk, walking to the front door.

I hadn't really spent much time outside of New York, minus when my job called for it. Which to be honest was more often than not.

But I wouldn't change it for the world. I knocked on the door of the address that she had given me and a boy opened the door.

"Uh...Hello?" he said, his green eyes inspecting me some.

"Hi." I said, rubbing my hands on my arms. "Uh, Gitta invited me?"

He looked more confused, "Gitta?"

I cleared my throat, "I mean, Bridgette." he nodded, and then the person in question popped up behind him.

"Who's at the door Zack?"

"I don't know." he said, "But she's looking for you." the boy, 'Zack' then turned and walked back inside. Gitta then turned to me and grinned.

"You made it!" I nodded and she let me in.

I shook the snow from my hair and coat, which Gitta then took and placed in the closet. "Sorry about Zack. He's not big on strangers showing up at his house."

I shrugged and raised my hands, "I don't blame him. I'm sure I'd be the same way." she laughed and nodded, "I'm sure you would be. Hell, you are."

She showed me to the room filled with the rest of her family, "Guys, this is Andromeda Kastellanos."

"Andy." I said, giving the girl a glare which she responded with a smile.

"Andy's family is in Greece for Christmas and I invited her over for ours."

A few minutes later I found myself surrounded by many people and shaking many hands. Although none of that was really new to me.

A few hours later, after I had picked apart a salad at dinner and was currently sitting in the den area by the fire. A boy I had briefly met walked over and sat next to me. This boy had come in after dinner, so I figured that he wasn't a family member. Although he could've been, I had no idea.

"Hey." he said, plopping down, his had slightly askew annoying me on the spot.

"Hi." I said, looking over and ignoring my urge to peel off that stupid gold sticker that I couldn't understand why boys insisted to keep them on.

"So you live with Zack's cousin in New York?"

I nodded, wondering why he was asking me this. I was still slightly distracted by the damn sticker.

"Why don't you ever come and party with us when we're there."

"Beer makes you gain weight." I said shrugging.

His jaw dropped and he looked down at his stomach, "Are you saying I'm going to get fat?"

I rolled my eyes, "I don't know how much beer you drink, nor do I care."

"Time for presents!" a little kid yelled and ran into the room.

The presents were passed out, and I looked at the bags at my feet. I had only gotten a little something for one of Gitta's cousins.

I watched as the girl opened the gift. Her eyes grew as a poster for the musical 'Cats' with all sorts of signatures over it.

"Is this all of theirs?" she asked me excitedly.

I nodded, a small smile on my face, "Yeah. Gitta told me that you loved the musical, so I thought that I could get you that."

"Thank you so much!" the girl hugged me tightly. "This is the best gift ever!" I laughed and shrugged, "I'm glad that you like it."

When it was time for me to start heading to my hotel, the boy from the couch stopped me, "Can I ask you something?"

"I'll ignore that was a question in itself. What?"

"How'd you get that poster signed by the whole cast? Isn't that a major Broadway show?"

I nodded, "Yeah. But when you live where I do, it's easier than you think."

I was looking for my coat when the boy who had initially greeted me was standing by the door, my coat in his hands. "That's my coat." I stated, crossing my arms.

"I know." he said, shrugging, "But Cassie asked me to ask you to watch 'Cats' with her."

I cringed and sighed, "I'll watch any other musical with her, but not that one."

He shrugged, "Hear that Cass, any other one. Don't you have other ones?" the girl moved from behind the boy, and I smirked, shaking my head.

"I have 'The Phantom of the Opera', do you like that one?"

I laughed and nodded, "Sure. That's one of my favorites."

The girl took my hand, and pulled me to a door, then opened it and I saw a set of stairs, "Zack, we're going to use your room!"

"Wait wha-? I never agreed to that! I just said I'd try and stop her for you!" but she ignored his protests as we made our way down the stairs.

Halfway through the musical, Cassie had fallen asleep and I was stuck thinking of how I was going to get out of this when the door opened, and I heard heavy footsteps coming down the stairs. I looked up when said person reached the bottom I saw that it was Zack and he crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow. "Is she asleep?"

"Yeah."

He nodded and then picked the girl up, bridal style and the girl wrapped her arm around his neck, and murmured, "But it's not over yet, Zacky. I wanna see the end..."

"I'll be sure that your parents get it."

I took that as my cue to get off of his bed, and I followed him up the stairs, my heels in my hands. After he had secured her in her parents vehicle, and going back down stairs for the movie, he sat next to me on the couch, and was looking at me, his brows together.

"I heard that you told Jack that beer makes you fat."

I shrugged, "Well any alcohol can make you fat."

"So you don't drink at all?"

I shrugged again, "I drink wine on occasion." He nodded, but his eyes were still trained on me. "What? Is it a shock to you that a twenty-two year old doesn't like to drink?"

He shook his head, "No." he said and I sighed heavily, "Well I think I'm going to go now."

"Bridgette mentioned that you two might stay the night."

"Well I think differently. I have a hotel room, that I am not going to go to waste." Right as the words left my mouth, Gitta stumbled in.

"Rumple!" she shouted and I cringed. "We should totally stay the night. I mean, I haven't seen these guys since they were last in town to play."

"Play?" I asked, my eyebrows coming together.

"Yeahhh. Remember? I told you about 'em. All Time Low?"

It took me a few moments to place the name and then I felt it come to me, "Oh. That's you guys?"

They nodded and I shrugged, "I'm sorry, I'm a little busy with other things to really go out to concerts that much."

"Heyyy, nowwww. You went to that last JEW show AND the Third Eye Blind show."

I sighed, "That's different Gitta."

She shrugged, "Well I'm staying the night."

"You don't have any clothes here." I argued and that seemed to win her over. Like I knew it would.

"Oh. Right." she looked at the boy with the hat, and I knew that if I ever got my hands on it I would rip that sticker off; and placed her arm around his waist, "Jackyyy. Will you take me and Rumple to out hotel."

"Rumple?" he asked and she nodded, pointing to me.

I felt my cheeks flush as all eyes landed on me. "It's not worth getting into." I mumbled and they seemed to shrug it off. I was glad, I really didn't want to tell why she christened me with that damn nickname.

"Sure." he said and she grinned and the two walked out the door. I slipped on my heels and followed quickly behind him. Zack handed me my jacket and I took it, thanked him and then walked out the door after my roommate and Jack.

I could already tell that this visit would be more difficult than I had imagined.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had the inspiration for this from a dream. So I had to start it. Hope all you enjoy, and you may even figure out Andy's profession. Ha ha.

Comments?