Muster Every Ounce of Confidence

Step Twelve: Gaining a Degree of Independence

The plane ride is boring and I sleep most of the time. As soon as I land, I call Paul.

"Hey soul mate."

"He Eliza. So you landed?'

"Yea, I already miss you all."

"We miss you too. Well Marre's more pissed than sad."

"Why?"

"You and Benji didn't get together. She's bitching because she has to stay with us until you do."

"Ha! She'll die of old age first! AH!" I'm thrown over a shoulder. "Paul, I'll call you back. I'm currently facing an ass of a problem."

"Alright....Bye."

"Luvs & hugs!" I hang up. "Uncle Matt! Put me down!"

"Sorry, but you were taking to long." I sigh, knowing I just lost the battle.

And I'll never win the war.

My cell rings as Matt sets me down by baggage claim.

"Liza, you have to come back! It's boring now."

"Benji stop whining. I'll see you in a few weeks anyway."

"I know. But I miss you. I miss doing things to you and hearing you moan my name."

"Benji!" I laugh. "I understand and I feel the same. You just have to deal. Or get a girlfriend."

"I want you."

"In what way?"

"On my bed, naked, legs spread." I giggle and blush. "But seriously, you're like an addiction and I'm having withdraws."

"Hun, take that picture of us and go to the bathroom."

"That won't work. Shit. Joel says we have to go to the studio."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye." I turn to see Jere. I jump because I wasn't expecting him to be behind me.

"What did Benji want?'

"Just to chat...." He looks in my eyes and I know he knows somethings up.

"Spill."

"Ugh....fine."

Tony
Jere and Eliza whisper the whole way home.

"So Eliza, did you have fun?'

"Yea, they made me promise to visit during my breaks. Expect Christmas. I was going to ask if I can fly out to Paul's in November. Oh, and Benji's going to come up here in September."

"You can go. Why is he coming?'

"I don't know. He told me he was, but he didn't say why."

"Okay."

Eliza
"Liza! Benji's here!" I get off my bed and slowly walk downstairs.

"Hey B." We hug.

"Tonight?"

"Yea." He kisses my neck before pulling away. "Dad, is it okay in Benji and I go out tonight? I want to show him some stuff."

"Sure babygirl."

"Thank daddy. Come on B." I pick up one of his bags and lead him to the guest room.

"I don't think I can wait much longer. It's been to damn long."

"It's been a month." His arms slip around my waist and he kisses my neck. "Benji....wait for later."

"I don't want to."

I pull away. "You have to."

"But...."

"Benjamin."

He sighs in defeat, "Fine. But its only going to make it worse for you."

"Worse....or damn good?" He growls and holds me tightly. "Come on tiger. Don't want them suspecting anything."

Our visits become more and more frequent. Benji even goes so far as to fly me out to their shows for the weekend. Marre is touring with them to give me a reason to be there. She overheard us one night when we were in Cali.

"Benji...." He's kissing my neck while his hand is engaged elsewhere. I moan and try to hold back a scream.

Damn he's good with his hand

"Hey Benji....HOLY SHIT!" We move apart and look at Billy.

"Uh....hey Billy. What's up?"

"What were you just doing?"

"Billy, did you find them?" Paul and Chris fill in the doorway behind Billy. "Eliza, what's on your neck?'

My hand quickly covers it and subconsciously I move away from Benji.

"Holy crap in a crepe did Benji do that?!"

"Better question: Does your dad know?" I shake my head. "How long?"

"Since he and Marre broke up."

"No wonder he wasn't heart-broken."

"It's not her fault. I didn't love Marre, not like that. Eliza was just....nevermind. I don't want to talk about that."

"No...tell us."

"Guys." Benji pouts a little, not wanting to discuss the physical side of our relationship. They all sit down, as if to say 'spill.' "Ugh....We were dancing at a club and I got a little....excited and she offered to help since she was part of the cause."

"Oh....okay well we have to go on in 15 minutes." They all leave.

"Damn, I can't do what I want to you in 15 minutes."

"Its okay. I do have to drive back to Blue Island tonight. I need my energy." I kiss his cheek and leave.

Is this wrong?