Status: A work in progress.

Norshire Chronicles: The Lost Queen

Queen Zynoa

Queen Zynoa sat upon her dark throne. Ever since her take over of Norshire, it has become everything had expected. It was dark and dead, like her exile to the Shadowlands. Bridden and Efari had gotten what they deserved, a painful and agonizing death.
Then the doors to her throne room opened. One of her dark knights stepped in, returning to tell her of the girl’s death. He appeared to be patting heavily. As he stood before her on her throne he bowed down on one knee and looked at the ground.
“Tell me, knight,” she began. “Has that meddlesome girl been executed exactly to my orders?”
“I am sorry, Your Majesty.” he said with a shaky voice. “But it seems that the band of knights you have sent to escort her have,” he gulped, “been defeated.”
Queen Zynoa stood up from her throne. The knight flinched ever so slightly but didn’t dare move from where he kneeled.
“What do mean defeated?” Her voice was a menacing whisper.
“They were all found dead in a camp sight they must have set up for the night. The girl was missing.”
“How can she be missing?” she shouted.
The Queen paced the floor, fuming with rage. That girl can not live, she thought. She must be found and killed at any means necessary.
She sighed and, turning towards the knight, smiled and said, “Is there any other news that you want to share?”
The knight shook his head, fear plain in his eyes. If anything was more frightening than Queen Zynoa’s wrath, it was her seemingly serene smile.
Then, as she focused her anger on the knight, he began to choke. He coughed uncontrollably, holding his stomach as if it ached. Black blood started to come from his mouth as he coughed. He was doubled over, blood coming from his mouth and eyes. And as suddenly as it had started, it stopped. He lay lifeless on the floor. Two knights came in and carried his body out of the throne room, blood trailing from the body.
The Queen sat once again on her throne and called out, “Bring me Rayne.”
A knight came in swiftly and kneeled just as the other one had. He pulled off his uniform helmet and revealed spiky white hair and red eyes. Rayne was her most fearless and merciless knight, spoke only with his sword and the spilling of blood.
“The girl has somehow escaped.” Queen Zynoa said to him. “You are to find her and kill her. Don’t come back until you do, with her head as proof.”
He stood with his fist on his chest saying, “I will not fail, My Queen. She will find my blade buried in her heart.”
She smiled and dismissed him from her throne room.