Status: About as active as the Jonas Brother's Sex Life- Lmao jk

What Lies Behind the Ocean Ties and Open Skies

Leave the Manor

Rubi put away some books in her locker and pulled out her phone and texted her brother.

‘What goes on butthead?’ she wrote.

“Hey!” Darren shouted scaring her and causing her to throw her phone inside her locker thinking for a split second he was the principal.

She glared at him.
“I’m going to start hitting you in the balls every time you scare me.” She told him.
“That sounds painful” he said and they just smiled at each other knowing perfectly well Rubi would do it, and Darren would allow it.

“Lets go to lunch, hoe!” he told her and ran before she could hit him for calling her a ‘hoe.’

Rubi and Darren walked outside to enjoy the beautiful summer day and sit with all their friends. As Rubi ate her sandwich and cracked jokes with everyone in the table Darren stopped and stared across the field.

The familiar jingle of talking and warning bells were going off in his head, he is here, Roger, Rubi’s father had made it to earth every white lighter needed to know an elder was here.

Being Rubi’s white lighter and best friend happens to be extremly difficult for Darren not being able to tell how he randomly pops up everywhere, how he always pulls her out of trouble, how he heals her without her knowing is difficult for him. But he had to keep it a secret until she is told the truth until then he cant tell his best friend about what changed his life two years ago during Freshmen year.

Darren stared at Rubi while she laughed and he stroked her head she smiled at the gesture and he felt a pang in his heart this would be her last memory as a normal girl after today , Jose and Rubi La-Fayet’s life will change forever.

The day seemed to drag on and when the last bell rang Rubi and Darren ran out of that hell hole.

“I can’t wait for the summer to soak up the ocean waves, school in the summer sucks!” Rubi groaned on and Darren chuckled and agreed.

Rubi checked her phone and saw a text from her brother.

‘Nothing much biznech, just about 2 work go straight home fucker!’ Rubi rolled her eyes at her brother.

‘Darren and I are leaving now.’ she answered.
‘Ok…no sex! Say no 2 boys Rubi!’ Jose responded her brother always said Darren had the hots for her because no guy is friends for that long with a girl without ending up hitting it.

'I'll just say the same thing girls tell you when you try to get laid lmaooo :-P' she texted her brother back.

Rubi put her phone away and ignored her brother Darren happens to be her best friend and he wanted nothing from her but her friendship.

Making it to the manor Darren and her dropped their book bags on the floor and ran into the kitchen in a hurry to make snacks.

A few hours later Darren and Rubi were eating snacks, with the music blasting, while doing homework in the living room when the door flew open and in came Jose running like a crazy man.

“Jose!” Rubi yelled wondering what the hell is going on.
‘What? What happened? Are you ok? Is everything ok?” he asked all in one big breath with a crazy look in his eyes.

“Of course everything is ok…what the hell is the matter with you?” Darren answered.

Jose pulled out his phone and check it again running a hand through his hair

“Mom just texted me telling me to come home immediately that it was an emergency.”

“What? She never told us anything she’s not even home yet.” Rubi answered.

“Then what the hell is going on. I told my boss I had to leave something happened in my house and I left work early, loosing a half a days pay.” He said frustrated and trying to figure out what’s going on.

Bernice came flying in and dropped her bag.

“Mom what’s going on? What’s the emergency?” Rubi asked her mother.

“Ok kids I need you guys to pack your bags as fast as you can we are leaving as far as possible away from here.” She said making Rubi and Jose’s eyes pop wide open.

Leave the Manor?
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok guys check out my other short story True Romance and comment and subscribe c'omn be nice to me :-)