Remember Me

One Day It's Gonna Happen

"Where are you taking me?" Alyssa questioned for the millionth time, feeling Marc take a hold of her hand and drag her through the front entrance of a business office building as he headed straight for the elevators.

"You know, they say the definition of crazy is continuing to do the same thing and expecting a different result. You should stop asking!" Marc chuckled, punching the highest numbered button. The blonde frowned, displeased with his answer, as the doors closed and they felt the metal box fly upwards.

"Are we even allowed to be in here?" Not that that had ever stopped her before, she just preferred to know when she was breaking the law, so she'd know when to run for her life if the time came. "I gotta say, getting arrested is a total aphrodisiac so if it is... well, I'm just sayin'."

He didn't answer, again. Instead, he just grinned brightly and waited for the ding to signal their arrival at the top floor. "C'mon," he dragged her behind him again, rushing down the corridor and throwing a pair of doors open leading the way up the stairs.

"Oh, I get it! You're about to kill me."

Marc shook his head, laughing again, and finally slowed down as the couple reached the top of the stairs. "Ready to be blown away?"

"I doubt that, but okay."

Ignoring her response, he turned the door knob and pushed his body into the door to open it. On the other side of the door was the roof of the building, and the cold air stung their cheeks as it hit them. Alyssa froze almost immediately after stepping through the door completely, taking in the sight in front of her.

The entire city was in full view; you could see Consol Energy Center and the city lights brightening up the world around them. Heinz Field was brightly lit up - probably the brightest out of everything that night, due to the Steelers game going on. "Best seats in the house," he smiled, and that's when Alyssa noticed the lawn chairs perfectly placed right near the side that faced directly into the stadium.

"What's wrong?" It wasn't the reaction he was expecting. He had figured he'd get an excited squeal out of her - okay, maybe not a squeal, he did know who Alyssa was. But at least some sort of emotion that didn't constitute looking like he had just taken her to a garbage dump.

She tried to cover it up as soon as she knew she had been caught, but it didn't seem to be very convincing. "Nothing," she insisted, putting on one of the worst fake smiles Marc had seen. When he heard her sigh, he knew he was going to get some sort of explanation. "I just... I kind of had this spot in, uh, New York that I'd always go with my brother. Whenever one of us, uh, didn't want anyone else to find us, we'd go there. You could see the entire city skyline from that one spot."

"After he... well, yeah... it was the only spot that really ever felt... I don't know, comfortable. Like I actually belonged there. It's just... this place, I guess, kinda reminds me of that." He watched as her mind wandered to a different place for a few minutes; the vacant look on her face staring out into the distance skyline of Pittsburgh. It was a short couple seconds later that she returned and he heard her laugh take over the chorus of cars several feet below them, and the Steelers football game having commenced across the street at Heinz Field. "I don't know why I just told you that."

Marc opened his mouth to say something, but she walked away before he could get any words out. Instead, she walked over to the two chairs and threw her petite body down. It amazed him how easily she could go from showing a softer side of herself to the hard shell she usually carried around with her. The goalie quickly caught up with his date and took his spot in the empty seat.

"You know, I'd think on your salary, you'd actually be able to afford seats inside the stadium. Or did you just think I'm such a cheap date you'd get away with this and still get lucky?"

"Well that depends, is it working?"

Alyssa laughed, "I suppose that will also depend on whether you brought chocolate."

"You really underestimate me," he grinned, pulling a bag from underneath his seat and showing her the insides.

"Peanut butter cups!" Alyssa gasped, snagging the bag and quickly pulling out one of the wrapped up chocolate. "I'd say your odds are definitely getting better."

** ** ** ** ** **


"Well, at least you didn't pay to watch that game," the curly blonde laughed, her legs crossed up onto the chair after she had tossed her heels on the cement rooftop. The Steelers had lost - quite embarrassingly, actually, and as the duo stayed in their seats, the tiny population that occupied the stadium was emptying out.

Marc chuckled, nodding his head in agreement. "I don't know much about football, but aren't you supposed to actually throw the ball to your own teammates?" Alyssa rambled on about how horrible the game was, and her confusion on how anyone could find the game interesting.

The Frenchman just laughed hysterically at her chatter, finding amusement in every word flowing from her lips. "I mean, they touch each other on the ass more times than a man has ever fondled mine."

"I sense some jealousy," he finally chimed in, smirking as she gave him a chipper look.

"I'm just saying men shouldn't fondle each other's behinds more than they do women's." She took a moment, before adding, "And yes, there is a bit of jealousy in there."

"I'll fondle your ass if it makes you feel better," he murmured with that shit-eating grin he always had.

Alyssa rolled her eyes, tossing her empty bottle of soda at the hockey player.

"What?! I'm good with my hands," he continued.

"You're a goalie," she retorted, mirroring his smirk. "Now Crosby, on the other hand... I'm sure he's great with his hands. You just have good hand-eye coordination."

Marc scowled, "Sid wouldn't know what to do with his hands around a girl if his life depended on it."

"I'm a good teacher," Alyssa turned to look at her date, who was now giving her a look that, if looks could kill, it would have killed her. "I'm only kidding. You should know that!"

"You're sense of humor needs some work."

"What about my hands? Do they need work?" She raised her eyebrows suggestively, raising her hands and wiggling her fingers. She stopped a short minute later when all he was doing was looking her way. His eyes seemed darker than she remembered, and as she licked her lips she could see his eyes move instinctively to them. "Are you going to kiss me or what?" she finally asked him, giving him all the more reason to do what he had wanted to do since he saw her in her figure hugging black dress earlier that evening.

His lips smashed against hers and it was like an electric spark being lit through his body. He felt his heart race just as her hands touched his face. She touched him so gently; just as though she was afraid she'd scare him off if she was too aggressive. It was funny to him, because she didn't know how to be gentle in her own words but the way she treated him sometimes, made her a completely different person. She was like his mother the way she made him feel better just by an embrace or even a smile. Alyssa's smiles weren't a regular sight, and when he did see them, he knew things were okay.

Her skin felt porcelain against his prickly face, and he could taste the peanut butter from her chocolate she had eaten. Marc broke into her mouth, using his tongue like he was trying to completely brush the peanut butter cups from it. He reached out and rested his hand on the small of her back to pull her closer to him whilst still in their separate chairs. His other hand rested on her outer thigh, just close enough to draw a sigh from her.

They drew apart for a quick moment; just long enough for Alyssa to get up and find a spot on top of him on his seat for closer comfort. "This is better," she smirked at him, reaching around his neck with her arm and pulling their lips back together once more. Feeling her body heat only made him want her even more, and it made him never want to let her leave his lap again.

"So should I expect to have you disappear for the next week again?" Marc asked her sarcastically, giving her his classic wide, toothy smile when they finally broke apart, a while later. He already found himself missing the feel of her velvet lips.

"You'll be seeing me," she promised, grazing the pad of her thumb against his scruff on his cheek. "Count on it, Flower."

He watched her get up from the seat, her body swaying back and forth - almost hypnotizing him. And then it stopped, and she spun around and gave him one of the biggest smiles he had ever seen her have. "You just gonna sit there, or are you gonna come dance with me!?"

"There's no music, dork!"

She just laughed, moving her body rhythmically again. "Make your own music, Flower. Dance to your own drum."

Marc didn't know for sure, but in that moment as he captured her smile in his memory, he could have sworn he was falling for her. One thing was for sure, he had never felt this way before. But before he could over think anything, he pulled his body up off the chair and joined this confusing girl on the middle of the rooftop to dance with the sounds of cars and cheers around them - and the laughter of the couple enjoying themselves.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song: Street Map by Athlete