Status: Active.

Through the Trees, I Will Find You

--- The tears rushed down my cheeks and slowly dripped off my chin, splattering themselves against my school robe. The water droplets stained the dark fabric as one by one they descended my face. My voice came out in in between hysterical sobs; my words were choked out of my lips and each syllable was shaky.

"Draco, please, stay. You don't have to this, t-t-this is not you.." I cut myself off, coughing. My knees buckled underneath me, and I sank to them, unable to hold myself up.
I then felt Draco's hands lay upon each of my shoulders, his thumbs rubbing circles against them.

"Relax, Vanille, breathe." His voice was hushed and strained, as if he was holding back cries of his own.

I managed to blink through my tears and open my eyes enough to look at him. His eyes were glossing over and the whites of his eyes were turning a faded red. His nose had reddened as well, as if he had just been out in the cold for quite some time. I brought my hand up to his cheek, his tearful eyes only blinked. "You don't have to, Draco. We can leave, we can just go somewhere-"

He shook his head down, staring at the floor. "There is no chance, Vanille. He'll find me easier than you can ever expect." His voice began to crack, and his hands that were upon my shoulders slid down my arms until they found my hands. He laced our fingers together, his grip tightening around my rather shaking hands.
I felt the dizziness fill my head from crying, and I began coughing again as oxygen neglected my lungs; I was crying much too hard.
I leaned into Draco, unable to hold myself up at this point. I was letting myself go, I was falling, although I was completely stationary in Draco's arms with my head on his chest. Draco must have knew I was close to fainting because he kept repeating my name and tapping my cheek in effort to keep me awake. ---

This is an excerpt from the story. I do not own any of the Harry Potter characters, Hogwarts, or the wizarding world itself. All belong to the incredible mind of J.K Rowling :)
I do own Derry, any of my fictional characters, and Vanille, however her name is from the Final Fantasy xiii character.
Title credit goes to Low Shoulder, Through The Trees.
Time setting is Half Blood Prince.