Status: In the works - slow updates and many changes.

Obsession.

'Definitely NOT attracted to her.'

?


As I drove my van down the road towards my house, the only thing that filled the silence were her heavy pants. She was hyperventilating. I was used to it, but it was very annoying.

“Honey,” I said sweetly as I turned a corner. I patted her leg, but she swiped it off, her nails scratching me like a cat. “Honey, could you please stop breathing like that? It’s very loud. Maybe open the window a crack, get a little air.”

She coughed as she tried to laugh sarcastically, but it just came out hysterical. “Honey? Honey? You... you DARE to call me honey when you just-“

“Shh. You’re getting a little crazy right now. Let’s just try and calm down, okay?” I suggested quietly, glancing at her and smiling a little. She stared at me, her eyes wide and full of anger. I doubted she’d last until we got home.

I turned down another road, and as I did so, Katy suddenly gave an animalistic roar and launched herself at me. The van would have veered wildly had it not been for my developed reflexes. I elbowed her in the face and then jabbed her in the stomach, winding her. I calmly pulled my van over to the side and sighed. “Sweetheart, I think that was a bit dramatic.”

She gasped for breath again and stared at me, this time afraid. “Why me?” She said.

I smiled and stroked her face. “Because I love you.”

“NO YOU DON’T!” There was a blur of movement and she suddenly hit me on the head with something hard and heavy and flat. She did it over and over and then pulled me onto the passenger seat, leaning over me and pressing her face against the window. We were outside a school. She began screaming and waving her arms frantically, but with the windows closed and the school so far away, no-one would hear her.

I waited patiently for the stars and dizziness to go away, and when it did I sat up, grabbed the dismantled radio from her dangling fist, and hit her on the head with it. So hard that when she fell back from the window I knew she was unconscious. I gently pulled her back onto the passenger seat and took my place in the driver’s side, trying to see out the window who she might have been signalling to. I could only see one visible window in the school building, and a girl with black hair was looking out of it, straight at me with wide, curious deer eyes.

I couldn’t help but stare back at her. She was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Suddenly, her frame was blocked by that of another girl with tanned skin and brown hair, who glared at me. She gave me the finger and stuck her tongue out at me, so I scoffed and looked away, definitely NOT attracted to her. I leant down away from the window and put the radio back on the floor, deciding that it probably wasn’t a good idea to have that where the girls sat, after being hit with it three women in a row. I propped Katy back up in the seat and put her seatbelt on, and sat up and did the same with my own.

I turned the engine back on, but before I drove off, I stole one more glance at her. She wasn’t looking at me, but I just saw her face.

That was her. She was the one.