Power Struggle

In the old folklore, there are many tales telling the reasons vampires and werewolves fight, but there is one tale of the Mesrits. The Mesrits were an old community that believed that vampires and werewolves were created and forced to fight by the great god of the sun and the beautiful goddess of the moon. You see, when Father Time created the sun to help the world keep track of time and give it light, and Mother Earth made the moon to control the tides of the ferocious water of the oceans, they both decided that the newly born planets needed protectors. So then the god of the sun, Hikara, and the goddess of the moon, Ramina, were born. Over the span of time, the two lived in the sky at peace, never meeting. Until one day a comet hit the earth and moved it just right, so that the sun god's eyes finally met the moon goddess' face and Hikara fell in love on sight. On the other side of the world, the moon goddess lit up with her beauty flowing over the land, and with this extreme beauty created the animals we know today. New life started coming from the waters again and the world was complete. Hikara and Ramina had recreated life. New life that they would watch over and protect. The two gods had a long loving cycle together, continuously watching and creating life. Then, one day, a new piece of life was brought forth. The human life form was an experimental idea by Hikara. Ramira did not like it but thought that Hikara could do no wrong. One of them, Hikara made to represent him self: large, strong, and intelligent. He was the first life form that they had made to stand upright. The second one he had made to represent Ramina: small and lean but with beauty unseen in any of his creatures before hand. This new creature also stood upright, but he allowed Ramina to name it. After much consideration, she decided on Eve. They lived very solemnly, living off of the land and working quite well with the other animals. Ramina was impressed until the day Adam got curious. One day Adam questioned his existence. He questioned why the forbidden was forbidden. He was, of course, questioning Mother Earth’s tree of life. As Adam ripped off the forbidden apple, he tore apart the relationship between Hikara and Ramina for all of time. Ramina was infuriated by this and Hikara could not understand what the problem was; it was just a tree. But to Ramina, that was her mother's blessing in a rut of anger. She pushed the sea and created something new, something terrifying, using Hikara's base for the creature. She combined his creations with her most vicious creations. Creatures known as the tiger, the bear, the lion, and her personal favourite, the creature most dear to her, the wolf. She named these creatures the Moon Shifters and gave them moon crystals, known now as silver. To show they were her babies, she used her water of transformation to give these new creatures startling transformations. She commanded these creatures to kill all human life they could find. To protect his creatures, Hikara had no choice but to create his own new creature, putting the power of the sun inside his creatures and engraving them with the power of the cross to give them power beyond any other creature he had ever made. He called them the Sun Warriors. The battle between the Sun Warriors and the Moon Shifters raged for many years to come. Up until Father Time and Mother Earth came together, decided enough was enough, and combined their power together to send a shock wave through the galaxy. The shock wave destroyed Hikara and Ramina, but at the same time, sacrificing them selves in the blast. It was able to purify many of the Sun Warriors and the Moon Shifters, turning them back to humans, but with no more gods, it left this world to the humans to take over and do what they wished with. There were those who had not fully been purified, though. For the unlucky few who where not purified, there were extreme side effects. For the Sun Warriors, they had in extreme blood lust and a weakness to the symbol of the sun god: a cross. The Sun Warriors would not show their face in the light of day, convinced that the sun god would surely destroy them for their newly acquired taste for blood. The Moon Shifters did not get off so easy. With the waters of transformation destroyed, they could not shift without feeling extreme pain, and the metal that the moon goddess once gave them to protect them now harmed them and threatened to kill them. The most loyal of the Moon Shifters still pressed through the pain of transformation to howl their sad cries to their former leader, praying that one day she would return to them. As life went, on the Sun Warriors and Moon Shifters slowly forgot about their creators and got lost in the night and folklore of the world we know today. But the Mesrits never forgot. And still, to this day, they howl at the moon for their lost leader. Still, to this day, they hope that one day she will return.