Wounds That Won't Heal

Chapter ten

*TIME ELAPSE*

“Mikey, don’t you love me anymore?”

Alicia’s sudden question caused Mikey to blink in surprise. He turned to look at her as she lay on the bed. At that moment he was standing by the door and clutching his shirt which he had just removed, “of course I do sugar,” he padded over, his bare feet sinking into the thick carpet which absorbed any noise of his footsteps. Mikey reached the bed and sat down next to his fiancée, “what made you ask that?”

“We never discuss the wedding anymore and you are so busy with the boys,” she let her fingers drift up and down his arm which made him shiver in response, “it is almost like you don’t want to be with me anymore.”

“Well, we are busy but I never thought I was neglecting you,” he pulled her into a tight embrace as he realised what he was doing. Ray and he were close now and he was choosing Ray above Alicia. He wanted Alicia he knew that he did and so suddenly he felt the cold touch of regret, “I… I am so sorry. I can change and things will be different. I… What can I do?”

“Marry me.”

Mikey frowned in complete confusion, “we are already engaged though.”

“No, I don’t mean let’s get engaged, I mean let’s get married,” she looked into his eyes, “can you do that for me?”

Mikey felt the shock ripple through him and his head was instantly full of reasons why he couldn’t, “but… we are on tour and the album has just come out! We… Alicia baby, we can’t build a marriage like that!”

“No, we can’t which is why you would need to take a break from the whole thing. Just think my love, all the time to ourselves with nobody putting pressure on us,” She paused, her arms circling the waist of her lover, “I know I am putting pressure on you now but… honestly I don’t know what else to do. I feel like I am losing you and you are too important to me to just watch you slip away.”

“You are not losing me sugar,” Mikey pressed his lips to hers and let his tongue slide within her mouth. He raised his head and smile down at her, “you mean too much for me to let you go. I am just not sure how getting married will show you that.”

“It’s simple baby,” she whispered, her hands skating across his unclothed back, “I am asking you to choose between me and the boys. Who do you love the most?”

Mikey gasped as he realised what he was being asked to do. He loved the touring and the performing so did he really want to stop all off that? Then of course there was Ray. Nothing beyond that kiss had ever happened but Mikey knew now that his feelings were still there and were as deep as ever. The idea of being separated scared him if he was honest but then maybe it would be a good thing in the end. Maybe distance would help heal the wound? Mikey stared down at the woman in his arms; the woman he loved. He wanted this surely. The feelings he had surged through him in a few moments. Mikey took a deep breath, “I love you so of course the answer is you,” he told her as he bent his head to collect another kiss, “let’s get married!”

Alicia squealed happily, “I love you!” she pulled him down to her and let her kisses rain on his face and chest. Her fingers hooked at the hem of his jeans.

His hands began to roam over her chest, pausing to stroke her breasts softly, “I love you too,” he murmured as he hoped he was doing the right thing.