Wounds That Won't Heal

Chapter fourteen

Mikey looked at Alicia and the entire colour drained from his face. He knew instantly what she meant by the question and he swallowed hard. He reached a hand back, wanting to touch Ray’s and get his support. Ray grabbed at it without hesitation and held it as their fingers linked, “I don’t know what to say,” Mikey stammered out in the end, “Alicia, I… Oh God, this is so hard!”

Alicia glanced at the linked hands and narrowed her eyes. Everything that she had known to be true was crashing down around her and she was angry. She knew that grief would come in time but for now she was just angry. She looked at Ray and the look became a glare, “you stole my man!” Alicia darted forward and slapped Ray round the face, “how dare you!” she raised her hand again but Mikey grabbed her arm to stop her. “I have not even started on you yet you two timing bastard!”

Mikey winced, “it wasn’t like that baby we haven’t…,” his voice trailed away and he sighed, “I haven’t been two timing you but today we just… I don’t even know how to explain it to you and I don’t expect you to forgive me or anything.”

“You said you would marry me,” now she was starting to realise that this was the end of what she had planned, “I arranged it all and was just coming to tell you about it. I thought you would be happy and it was going to be the best day of my life,” she started shaking then although it was still a rage, “I guessed about you and… and him you know. I thought that I needed to get you away and make you mine. I never knew it would come to this,” she wrenched her hand free from Mikey and launched herself into a physical attack on Ray, “you ruined everything!” she screamed.

Ray threw up his arms to defend himself from the shower of blows, “I… I’m sorry,” he whispered as Mikey put his arms around Alicia’s waist to lift her away, “I never wanted it all to go this way, neither of us did.”

“What do you mean that you guessed about us?” Mikey asked while keeping a tight hold on the wriggling girl.

“Oh,” Alicia stopped wriggling and hung her head. She had wanted to look like a victim but now she was going to have to confess at least part of her planning, “I mean you guys got so close where you had been distant so I put it together. We were meant to be Mikey, I know it, so to get you away and make you truly mine we needed… well you needed to leave the tour. You wouldn’t go for anything less than a honeymoon and so…”

Mikey gasped and let go of her, “You cold hearted bitch!” he staggered back as if he had been struck, “you saw my feelings so decided to separate me from Ray? Would this marriage have meant anything to you? Do I?”

“I love you Mikey so yes it would have meant everything.”

“I want to believe that sugar but I can’t bring myself to trust someone intent on hurting both me and Ray.”

“You only needed to see the truth that we were meant to be,” Alicia cried out, “it wouldn’t have hurt for long.”

“I beg to differ,” Mikey said as he walked to place an arm around Ray’s waist, “we split five years ago and for me the paint has never stopped.”

“It has been like a wound that won’t heal,” Ray agreed, slipping an arm around the other man.

Alicia stormed from the room but the two who only had eyes for each other didn’t notice.

*END*
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you all enjoyed it :)