‹ Prequel: Sector F

Faith Is Unavailable

Chapter 5

It took what must have been two weeks before they heard her speak and felt comfortable taking her to see Dr Death Defying.

Sands feared she’d been right about the timing though.

She noticed the way Jet-Star stuck by Twelve’s side. The innocent looks they shared.

All the guys seemed to trust Suspect Twelve, it was too late for this meeting.

Still they were packing extra survival bags getting ready for the trip to Dr Death’s biggest outpost.

Girl was running about trying to help them prepare and talk them into letting her tag along.

“C’mon Sands, let me come.” She spoke with her big eyes pleading up at Sands.

Sands looked at Girl and chuckled. “You’re adorable kid but the eyes only work on the guys.” Then she leaned in and whispered. “You know who it works on the best.” Then she gestured her head at Party Poison before walking into the main room where he was.

Party Poison was telling Suspect Twelve to get ready.

“Why? Where are we going?” She asked curiously.

“To see someone who might be able to shed some light on the mystery that is you.” Sands said in a muttered voice as she sat down the bag just like the one in Party Poison’s hand.

Girl ran to the red-haired man to give it her best shot.

Sands went to her pack with her things and slipped out of her typical heels and slipped into her black lace-up boots. She seldom changed out of her heels but today she needed to.

“It’s funny how much less intimidating you are out of your heels.” Fun Ghoul joked.

She just looked over at him. “Still taller than you, Asshat.”

Twelve walked by her too, this the first time she’d seen the woman out of her regular shoes. She had to do a double take. “Shit, did I grow?”

Fun Ghoul couldn’t contain his laughter.

“Hey Fungus! Not that funny!” She shouted over to him annoyed.

Sands walked over to where Girl was striking out at getting Party Poison to change his mind.

He was down to just giving her the fatherly look that told Girl she was pushing it.

Sands laughed doing her best to keep it under her breath so she wouldn’t receive a similar look and knelt down next to Girl. “I know you love Dr D and Show Pony but today we have really important business to take care of. You’ve got Jet-Star here with you though. We shouldn’t be gone more than a night.” Then her voice dropped so only Girl would hear. “I thought it would work.”

Girl groaned. “But that just leaves Jet-Star, Ghoul, and Kobra.”

“Sorry kid, I’m going too.” Kobra Kid said walking by ruffling her hair as he went.

“I’m gonna be soooo bored!” She whined as she flopped onto the mattress behind her.

“Thanks.” Fun Ghoul and Jet-Star chorused sarcastically.

Girl sighed. “I didn’t mean it like that.”

“Sure.” Fun Ghoul feigning hurt.

“Come on.” Party Poison called out expecting everyone intended to come to follow.

Girl slowly started to slink behind them. Thinking she might just get in the car with them and once they were in the car why would they send her back?

“Not you Girl.” He said not even turning back to see what she was doing but just knowing.

The car ride was uneventful, aside from the light teasing of their leader as he drove to The Cave.

Sands saw Show Pony and smiled thinking there’d be at least one man not just swayed by a sad song sung by a pretty girl. Show Pony pointed his pink gun at the Trans-Am as Poison parked it and they all slid out.

Poison smirked and grabbed his gun too aiming right back.

Sands walked by Party Poison brushing his body with hers. “Stop flirting with Show Pony. You know he’s got a hard on for Dr Death. Don’t ruin the happy couple.” Then as she passed the man in his polka-doted tights she slapped his ass with enough force to created the perfect smack.

The man took notice of the new face. He and Dr Death Defying met more of the rebels than most could imagine there were and he’d never seen her before. “Who’s this?”

Kobra Kid was the one to answer, “A rescue. C’mon, it’s story time,” Gesturing widely drawing everyone into the safety of the building.

They all gathered in through the boards, Show Pony’s eyes followed the new girl the whole time. Once they were inside he began making circles around her on his skates, eyeing her up and down.

From the western style boots to the antique sort of black dusted gold leggings Sands gave her up to the torn white shirt they’d found her in, only now it was intentionally torn leaving her stomach bare. “At least she’s well dressed. I hate raggedy looking rescues. I’m gay not a miracle worker, I can’t turn a hot mess into a shiny killjoy.”

“Thanks.” Sands said faux arrogance dripping from every sound, the clothes had been hers.

“Don’t scare the little zone rat.” The perfectly distinctive voice rang out, it had a slight southern drawl, a touch of raspy-ness. The man rolled in quite differently than Show Pony, in a wheelchair.

“Dr D!” Sands shouted out in excitement tossing herself into his lap as he rolled toward everyone.

Twelve was shocked, she’d never heard Sands really happy to see anyone. Usually it was quite the opposite.

“Nice to see you too Sands.” He said only after getting into the circle everyone had seemed to make without even thinking. “Nice rack too.” His face was right at chest range.

She laughed. “I know.” Tossed him a wink and hopped off his lap moving back to stand next to Party Poison who’s eyes dipped down at Dr D’s words but tried to keep it subtle. She noticed and sent him a light elbow in the side with a smirk.

Twelve was glad to hear Dr Death speak, he sounded familiar, like someone from Battery City. At first at least.

Kobra went into telling Dr D and Show Pony about the day they found her hoping they’d know something more than what they did. That maybe those too could ease their worries that Sands only stirred.

Sands hoped they’d have the same sense of skepticism she had. That was something she feared no one would understand.

After the story was told she noticed Show Pony scurry off. She knew the look on his face though, he was going to look for something.

When he returned he walked right up to the rescue strapping a leather holster around her thigh before putting an old black ray gun right into its place.

They trusted her.

Silver Sands knew she had to step back and just accept it, too bad she wasn’t better at that. “You sure she should have a gun?” She asked shamelessly to Party Poison but not quiet enough to pretend no one else would hear.

“She needs one to survive. It’s not like she’d turn on us.” He spoke easily like it wasn’t even worth questioning.

She scoffed. “Wouldn’t it be nice to think that.” Turned on her heel and walked out.

Poison called out her and reached for her wrist missing it by mere moments.

It was no surprise to her to hear footfalls following. She all but knew the sound of his boots following her specifically.

“What’s that supposed to mean Sands?” He asked forcefully once they were secluded out on the wide open zone.

“Don’t waste the end of the world with questions you already know the answer to. You know how I feel about her.” Sands spoke as she started pulling the overnight bags out of the back of the Trans-Am.

He lightly covered her hands with his. “Just leave the bags for now.”

“We ain’t gettin’ back to the diner tonight Poison. You saw the same signs I did. The dracs are out heavy today, rollin’ deep. We’re gonna need the bags. We’re out here why wait to bring them?” She proved her rebel roots defiantly speaking to the unspoken leader. “Now stop pulling the boss card and grab a fuckin’ pack.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to all of you who are checking this out! I hope everybody keeps commenting and subscribing. CatherineMary and I both really appreciate the love.

Also some whoring!
A Black Veil Brides-CC- story by CatherineMary
Your Claims Of Love Are Falling

And a little fanfic by me about a little band called Vampires Everywhere.
Call Out To The Dead