SING.

Keep Running.

I watched Party Poison walk out the door, into the darkness of the night. Girl frowned and hugged my leg, almost crying a little. I don't think he noticed that, would her tears may have been enough to keep him here? Even for one more night? I could tell how much it hurt Girl to see him go.

Tearing myself away from the small child, I walked out of the safe house. "G-G-Gerard." I forced his name out of my dry throat and he turned around to look at me. I could almost feel his death glare through the darkness.

"What?" He hissed.

"D-D-Don't g-g-go.... G-Girl...." I couldn't get the sentence out. I had been straining my vocal chords to much lately. I felt like they were about to snap. I was shaking, and felt like I might cry just like Girl because it was all my fault that he was leaving.

"She doesn't need me. None of them need me. I need to go. Don't follow me." He growled and I heard his footsteps storming away.

I stammered again, forcing out a question in his direction, asking him where he was going.

"Beyond the Sun. Away from here. Back to where it all began. Leave it alone." With that, he was gone, and I stood there until his footsteps could not be heard anymore, but the roar of a car's engine, and it speeding away.

Sighing, I turned and walked back into the safe house, holding Girl tight that night while she tried to sleep, but she kept crying out his name, wanting him to come back. It was obvious Gerard like a dad to this little one, and she desperately needed him.

-

"BATTERY, KEEP GIRL INSIDE, KORSE IS BACK!" Frank hissed at me, as all the men grabbed their masks, bandanas and guns and rushed out of the safe house, and into the dusty field outside.

"I wanna help!" Girl protested, but Dr. Death shook his head at her and wheeled himself outside to watch. She 'hmphed' and her small afro bounced lightly, almost making me laughed.

Holding her close to my side, I looked outside at all the neon lights zapping out of all the guns, towards the Dracs and towards the Killjoys. Surely, the boys would win and everything would be okay. Okay, just like the previous seven days had been since Party had left. No one spoke a word about him, but it was obvious that he was on all of our minds. He had to be. He was a part of this family from the beginning, and I think Dr. Death was the one missing him most, if not Girl.

"Please, Battery, let me help..." Girl looked up at me with wide, pleading eyes.

I shook my head no, and handed her my writing tablet that said, 'If you get hurt, it's on me, and I care to much for your safety.'

Girl threw my paper down and screamed at me and ran out of the room. My eyes widened because as soon as she left the door another scream could be heard. A painful scream. A hurt scream. A scared little girl's scream.

If I could have screamed out her name right then I would have. I ran from my spot and out into the hallway to hear a door closing. I busted outside to see all the killjoys on the ground, Korse holding Girl tightly to him. Draculoids stood up close behind him and he smirked at me, aiming his gun directly in my direction.

"Keep Running." He grinned at me and shot me down to the ground, near the others. I coughed and choked, holding my shoulder where had shot me. I listened to their footsteps echo away and Girl's struggles and pleads.

No! No! I fought losing conciousness, I... I have to save Girl!, but it was to late. The dark took over and I went under.

-
When I woke up the next day, I felt a gut wrenching feeling of guilt. Girl was gone. I didn't keep her inside. I didn't keep her safe. I pulled myself up and went into the safe house. The others where still passed out in the front. I didn't know Dr. Death was missing.

I bandaged my shoulder up and cringed at the pain.

"You're going to have to go save her." Dr. Death shocked me. I turned around quickly and nodded. He handed me my paper. "What are you thinking?"

'I need to go find Gerard. I'll need his help. Where's his beginning?' I handed it back, after it took my five minutes to right now because my shoulder.

Dr. Death sighed and looked down, after reading it, he looked back up. "The beginning. I bet he's talking about where he killed his first draculoid. On accident. I found him, hovering over the dead body and crying. He had felt so bad for murdering someone. More like something. I took him in and brought him back here. To his home. Which is where he should be now...." Dr. Death sighed and looked away from me. "Zone two... Right on the outskirts of the entrance to Zone three, ... You'll know it when you see it. It's near a cave. Be safe..." He rolled away and I sighed.

I grabbed my gun and the keys to a muscle car and Gerard's Dead Pegasus jacket. I threw it on and walked out. I'm on a mission and I will prevail.
♠ ♠ ♠
-Dezz.