Status: Slowly Active

Nothing You Say Can Change Time

One

The sun was shining brightly on beautiful Huntington Beach, California one summer afternoon. It was hot outside, the only thing that was relieving a person from the heat was a soft summer breeze. I sighed as I stepped out of the moving truck that held furniture and other personal items. I set the box full of clothes down on the porch before taking in the beauty of the place before me. I saw the beach with white sand and blue water. Each house had perfect green grass and a palm tree or two lining the yard. "It's strange being back here isn't it?" The voice of my best friend Heather said from behind me.

"Yeah," I said, glancing back at her.

"Hayley is anything wrong, you seem kind of distant." She placed her hand on my shoulder in a comforting way. She knew of my past and what had happened the last time we lived here.

I took a deep breath, "It's just that I never thought that I would be back here. Ten years ago I left with no intentions of returning and look where we are." I waved my arm around to the beach town around us.

Heather opened her mouth so she could respond but we were interrupted by the sound of something falling. "It's ok! You guys saw nothing!" came the voice of my twin sister Taylor from the ground. She must have fallen which caused Heather and me to burst out laughing, leaving our meaningful conversation behind.

Even though Taylor and I are identical twins, we don't really look like it. She has short red hair and is a little bit taller than me. Other than that we look like we are indeed related but not twins.

"Alright we need to get all these boxes inside before it gets dark out and Taylor has to leave us." I tried getting us back on track. It seems like everytime the three of us are together and have a set task to do, we always get sidetracked. Taylor was only helping Heather and I move in since she has a family of her own while Heather and I were not seeing anyone nor did we have any kids.

I saw my two best friends walk back into the moving truck to get more boxes before I myself grabbed the one that I set down before walking into my new home.

A few hours and many unpacked boxes later, Heather and I were relaxing on the beach watching the sun set like we used to. Taylor left to go make dinner for her husband and two kids. There was a comfortable silence between the two of us, Heather was of in her own little world while I was thinking of the day that I left Huntington Beach around ten years ago. Everytime I thought of that painful day it reminded me of all the hurt that one single person caused me. It made me never want to come back but here I am, back in the place that I vowed never to return.

Let's just hope this time around nothing goes wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone! I know I haven't updated in quite some time but have no fear, I have returned! This story may have slow updates because I want to work on Uncovered Lies more frequently.

I have had this idea floating in my head for a while now so lets see how it goes. :)

By the way, Mr. Vengeance will be introduced in the next chapter.

Thoughts/Feedback?