Status: Slowly Active

Nothing You Say Can Change Time

Three

“Shut the fuck up Zack. You’re not my husband and you haven’t been for almost ten years. Now please fuck off.” I got off the couch and began to head back outside so I could get away from this asshole.

“I don’t think So Hayley,” he grabbed my arm, preventing me from walking away. “ We have a lot of shit to discuss and you aren’t leaving until we do so.”

“What is there to talk about Zack?” I said, looking into his green eyes. “What happened all those years ago is in the past and I would like it to stay that way. Now let me go and talk to my friends because I sure as hell can’t be around you right now,” I released my arm from his grip. Thankfully he wasn’t gripping hard so it didn’t hurt me.

I walked into the backyard and saw Matt at the grill while Brian and Johnny were sitting at the table talking and drinking beer. “Hey guys,” I took a seat next to Brian. “What have you been up to since I left?”

“Just touring the world and still continuing to be badasses. You know, the usual.” Brian smirked. That man would forever be full of himself. “What have you been up to Mrs. Baker?”

“Firstly, I am not Mrs. Baker anymore and I haven been in a long time.” I corrected him. “Secondly, I graduated college about five years ago and I am very happy with my life.”

Brian whistled at my announcement. “Congrats Hayley! So what did you go to school for?”

“I got my degree in electronic media and film.”

Our conversation continued like that till Brian had to bring up the issue with me and Zack, much to my dismay.

“You know he missed you Hayley. He was devastated when you left and all you left him with was divorce papers.”

I sighed, “Brian I do not care if he missed me. I do not care that he was devastated when I left. He is and asshole and I hate him for what he did.”

“It’s nice to know that you feel so kindly towards me Hayley.” Zack’s voice suddenly appeared. I turned around towards the door and saw that he was right behind me. He must have heard the whole conversation. Not that I really cared.

“What the fuck do you want now Zack?”

“All I want to do is fucking talk to you. Is that too much to ask?” He raised his voice.

I stood up rather violently from my seat, “You want to fucking talk to me? Now’s your chance!”

“Fine! For starters, why the fuck did you leave?”

“Do you remember what happened the night I left?”

Zack looked confused for a second. “Not really. I only remember coming home after the show we had and saw that all your shit was gone. Then the next day your sister brought by divorce papers.”

“You are such a dumbass,” I laughed. “You ‘forgot’,” I used air quotes, “that you hooked up with Holly after the show.”

“I swear that wasn’t what happ-“

“Don’t fucking lie to me Zack. Jimmy and I both saw what happened so please don’t give me that bullshit.” I interrupted.

I remember what happened like it was yesterday. The band was playing a small show and I was supposed to meet Zack there but I couldn’t because I wasn’t feeling good. He wasn’t happy when I told him that I couldn’t make it. A few hours after Zack left, I started to feel bad because I couldn’t be there to support my husband so I left for the venue. When I arrived I saw that the show had ended and the band, minus Zack, was hanging out around the van. I ran into Jimmy and he offered to help me find my husband. We walked around the side of the venue and found Zack with his lips attacked to a girl named Holly who just so happened to be the girl Zack dated before me.

I couldn’t handle the sight in front of me and Jimmy offered to take me home. I packed all of my shit and headed to my sister’s house for the night. Then I got divorce papers drawn up the next day and had her take them to Zack because I never wanted to see his face ever again. I left California after that and then I found out that he never signed the divorce papers, which left us still legally married. By then I had already moved on with my life and I never pestered him to sign them because I had no plans of returning to California.

“Why didn’t you tell me this years ago?” Zack said softly.

“Because I never wanted to see you ever again.” I snapped. I looked around and saw that everyone outside had just heard our argument and all eyes were on me.

“I’m so sorry-“ Zack tried to apologize but I interrupted him.

“Fuck off Zack. I should have never come here in the first place,” I quickly rushed back inside so I could gather my things and leave.

I was beginning to think moving back was a bad idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys! I am so sorry I haven't updated this in months. :( ANyways, I have a few announcements to make.

I have a new story that I will be starting in February called Save Me From This Nightmare when my other story Uncovered Lies is finished.

If you haven't already, feel free to check out my other Zacky stories Please Don't Forget Me and Dangerous and Moving.

I would also like to thank PaleIsSexy, Zackylicious, and KellShadows for their lovely comments. :)