Status: On Hiatus

Untangle Me

Tres.

Garrett and Zoey walk back to the bus, light banter passing between them. Zoey smiles at Garrett as they reach the bus, “Well there isn’t any yelling. I guess that’s a good sign, right?” she asks as Garrett smiles at her, laughing.

“Well that must mean they aren’t killing each other, so I think it’s safe for us to go in.” He places on hand on the small of her back and opens the door.

They walk in and notice that only Aubree, Danielle, Emma, Jared, and Kennedy are present on the bus. Pat and John were nowhere in sight, and they didn’t seem to be missed much by those on the bus.

Zoey smiles and walks over to her friends, joining them on the couch. Garrett’s eyebrows furrow as he wonders at the whereabouts of his other two friends.

“John got in a little fight with Aubree so he left, and Pat is trying to find him.” Kennedy explains as if he read Garrett’s mind.

“It is not my fault that he’s on his man period. I might have even apologized to him if he hadn’t have made that sarcastic comment to me when we got here!” Aubree yells as Jared laughs at her dramatic comment.

“So I’m not the only one who thinks John needs a tampon and some Midol?” Jared asks, smiling at the four girls on the couch.

Aubree laughs as she shakes her head. “I'm with you on that one, brother.”

Danielle laughs slightly before poking Zoey in the ribs. “Are you going to go change for the show? We figured you wouldn't want to walk around as a zombie all day, so we brought you a change of clothes.” Danielle smiles as she notices how out of place Garrett and Zoey are in their zombie makeup.

A faint blush overcomes Zoey’s face as Emma hands her a bag with a change of clothes.

Garrett chuckles slightly and throws Zoey a small smile. Danielle notices and elbows Aubree as she shoots her a look. Aubree’s eyebrows furrow in confusion before Danielle pulls out her phone quickly typing away. Seconds later, Aubree’s phone buzzes in her pocket signaling that she has one new text message.

From: Danielle!
Dudeee, do you not notice what is going on between Garrett and Zoey? They are TOTALLY crushing on each other!

Aubree smiles slightly before putting her phone back in her pocket and nodding her head in Danielle’s direction.

Everyone on the bus watches their silent exchange in an awkward confusion before Garrett clears his throat, catching Zoey’s attention. “You can go change in the bathroom. I’m just going to wash my makeup off, and wear this on stage.” Garrett tells Zoey and he points her to the back of the bus. She smiles at him slightly before grabbing her bag of clothes and walking away.

Garrett makes his way into the makeshift kitchen to wash off his makeup as Danielle starts talking to Jared. “So when do you guys go to the next town?” She asks a small smile on her face.

“We have a day off tomorrow, and I think we're staying with Garret's brother Trey tonight. They're probably going to do some brotherly bonding tomorrow. As for the rest of us, we have absolutely no plans. We leave for Portland tomorrow night though.” Jared smiles at Danielle and a faint blush spreads across her face.

Zoey emerges from the bathroom moments later clad in a pair of skinny jeans and purple shirt, her hair thrown up into a ponytail. Her face is devoid of makeup and Garrett finally gets a real look at her. She had brownish-grey eyes and a 100 watt smile. Even with her hair pulled back, she still had her bangs falling into her face, and it only made her more attractive. He turns from the sink and faces her, his mouth slightly agape. They stare at each other for a few seconds before Zoey finally breaks the silence between them. “Garrett… wow.” She murmurs as she turns bright red and makes a beeline for her friends.

Garrett chuckles slightly before plopping down in a vacant chair. “I could say the same thing.” He smiles.

Zoey blushes again, and goes to say something, but the ringing of Aubree’s cell phone interrupts her. “Shit, I should probably answer this before he flips out again.” She mumbles standing up from the couch and making her way out the door.

“What’s that about?” Kennedy asks, looking over at Danielle concern evident on both of their faces.

“It’s most likely her douche bag of a boyfriend calling to yell at her again.” She answers, shrugging her shoulders. They all sit in silence for a few minutes, until screaming is heard from outside the door.

Danielle stands up and makes her way towards the door, but Kennedy stops her. “I’ll go.”

Danielle smiles at him as he opens the door and leaves the bus. Seconds later the yelling from outside subsides and John and Pat walk in the doors. “What’s going on out there?” Pat asks and he sits in the open space on the couch.

“What do you mean?” Garrett asks as he looks over at Pat.

“Well Aubree was yelling at her phone, and Kenny came out and grabbed her phone, hung it up and then she like collapsed into his arms. They’re still out there right now.” John answered, looking up from his phone.

“That’d be her asshole of a boyfriend. He probably called to tell her who he cheated on her with this time.” Danielle answers, shaking her head as John looks at her.

“That sounds familiar.” He mumbles shoving his phone in his pocket. “We should probably go head to sound check though. Pat and I managed to scrounge up some backstage passes for you guys, so you can come with us.” John smiles at them, his bad mood from earlier completely gone.

"But!" Danielle holds up her hands before Zoey has a chance to agree, "Zoey needs to be in the pit for part of you guy's set," She turns her head evilly to address Zoey, "You need to lose your mosh pit virginity!"

Zoey groans and her head falls into her hands. The group laughs. She feels a slight pressure on her leg and looks up to see Garrett's hand on her knee, "It'll be alright. Mosh pit's aren't that bad." He squeezes reassuringly, as if to solidify his point. She sighs and gets up, the rest of the group following suit.

Everyone walks off the bus and informs Kennedy and Aubree of their plans. Kennedy wraps his arm around Aubree’s shoulders as Garrett discreetly grabs Zoey’s hand and pulls her forward breaking into a sprint towards the stage. Danielle and Jared fall into step beside Aubree and Kennedy leaving Emma, John and Pat alone to walk behind them.

Even though they had just met, The Maine boys felt a great friendship was in store for them with these Seattle girls.
♠ ♠ ♠
We hope you enjoy the chapter guys :)

Comment's are appreciated, and subscribes earn you a cookie! (no, i am not bribing you...)