Status: Complete. Sad...

He Who Walks Among Roses

Decem - Capture the Flag

Evalin went upstairs to make sure Doc was in bed and sleeping alright. She drew a steaming bath and just let her body soak. To think - she could be free from all her fear. Free from gangs, and bar fights. Nothing but Irish air, and rows of green hills. Could it really be possible? She could spend her savings on getting Doc a weekly nurse. The hospital had recommended a very reliable service. Only if Doc gave her his blessing. She wouldn't leave him like that.

Drying off she looked at herself in the mirror. Her eye was completely healed, and the scars on her right temple had cleared out - no longer purple. She smiled. And she cried when she saw herself actually happy. She reached for her brush from under the sink and then she saw the pregnancy test. She had forgotten about it. But three weeks was enough time, she could take it now. She had never had to take an at home test before. A stick? that was awkward. Evalin did it anyway rolling her eyes thinking it was silly she was even taking it. "Theres no way.' she thought.

There she was thinking about the two minutes she had to wait. "Why two minutes? Ok - ok wait. A baby? What if it's positive? Its not. If it is? Its not. I would want a girl... no a boy... either way it would look like Murphy. She'd let them play outside without fear for their safety because they'd be in Ireland. Murphy would keep them safe, teach them to be strong and love them all at once. He would protect them all, he was the most amazing person she's ever met - ever loved. Yes. She loved him. She would tell him. She had to it was true. What if Murphy didn't wat kids? He had to force himself to want me... well it'd look like me too so he could force himself to want kids. Ha." she laughed to herself. She had set the test window side down as to not tempt herself to look before the two minutes were up. And when it had surely been after two minutes she picked up the test. A plus sign.
________________________________________________________________________

Laying down next to Murphy she thought about her baby. Should she wait? Tell him now? What good news should she give him? Should she save some for the plane? Play a game? She let herself fall into his arms.
"I love you Murphy." she said.
"Evalin - I love you too." he replied. Evalin curled herself under his arm. And fell asleep dreaming of her soon to be family. But she was asleep before she had told him.
________________________________________________________________________

With mornings arrival the boys had packed their few belongings and prepared to leave. Murphy left the ticket he bought for Evalin on his pillow. He would wait for her at Dublin airport after he arrived. Their plane had been booked - so sadly they couldn't fly together. The boys said good bye to Doc. They left him with Hugs and Thanks. Romeo was excited to see a new country, Connor was excited to see home, and Murphy was excited to share his real life with Evalin.
"I'll miss my boys." Doc said.
"We'll miss you too fuck ass." Romeo said.
"Doc are you going to be here alright alone?"
"So ya asked her huh?" Doc asked.
"Yes, yes I did."
"That must mean she said yes baby brother!" Connor said.
"Conrats man!" Romeo congratulated Murphy.
"I'll b-be jus-just fine! Nothing makes FUCK ASS - me happier ta-ta see Evie happ-ppy."
"Well we'll visit when we can, and you'll will too." Murphy said.
"Oh I know I'm taken care of!" Doc said.
________________________________________________________________________

Evalin awoke to Doc sipping coffee at the bar.
"You take your meds?" she asked.
"Of course." he replied. "Don't think your getting me one of them bitch nurses." he said.
"Wha-?" Evalin looked puzzled.
"When you go off to Ireland."
"He told you?!"
"Oh I kn-knew b-b-efore you!" Doc said.
"Well thats not playing fair." she said.
"All fair in love and war." he replied.
"Don't even talk to me like your some literary scholar." she said with a smile. She pour herself some coffee then dumped it into the sink. Doc gave her the strangest look.
"You goin' wrong in the head girl?"
"I forgot."
"Forgot what?" he asked.
"I'm pregnant." Doc choked from gulping hot coffee no longer sipping the drink that wasn't cooled.
"Well FUCK I'ma grandpa."
"Yes, yes you are." Evalin smiled.
"Good thing your headin; ta Ireland tonight."
"Thanks for saving me Doc. You're an angel too." she kissed his cheek and went upstairs to pack.

Her bags filled with memories - now lay next to her bed. Evalin took her sheets off and replaced them with new ones. She threw the old ones over her luggage and went downstairs to spend the day with Doc. His recovery was remarkable, and he could get around by himself. Evalin was weary of leaving her first real home, but she new it wouldn't be the last time. She found herself in this little pub. And she wasn't going to let herself go. She had made the change she'd need for her family, she wasn't going to let herself be weak anymore. For her baby and for Murphy she would be strong, just like them.
"So you'll call when you get in?" Doc asked. He was leaving for his weekly doctors check up.
"Yes sir." she replied.
"I love ya girl." doc said.
"I love you too." Evalin hugged Doc tight.
________________________________________________________________________

"Boston 21 now arriving." the intercom said.
"So how hard was it to convince her?" Connor asked.
"Not hard - she was only worried about Doc." Murphy replied.
"Figures. At least weh' can show our faces now. I wasn't one for those fake hair thins'."
"Me either. Now help me watch." Murphy said. Murphy and Connor waiting until the terminal from Boston was empty. They had watched each person get off that plane. And no Evalin.
"Well she coulda missed her flight bro." Connor said.
"What would've made her miss it? She must've changed her mind."
"We'll go call Doc." they walked to a pay phone and dialed his number. A man answered.
" 'Ello- Is Doc there?"
"Nah this is his... eh.. Brother." the Italian tried to disguise his accent.
"Well.. Alright. Is Evie there?"
"Oh Evie... the girl? Yeah she's here."
"Well is she alrigh'?"
"Yeah! She's fine, she's been serving us all night."
"So she missed it intentionally huh?"
"Oh what? This flight? Yeah pretty expensive ticket to accidentally miss." he said. Connor hung up the phone.

"Little brother, I'm sorry, I don't know why she did it." Connor said.
"I need a drink." Murphy said.
"Yeah, I know. I'll buy you what ya need."
________________________________________________________________________

-8 Hours Earlier-

Leaving this place for good she thought. She wrote Doc one last thank you, reminding him not to drink. She sat at the bar scribbling her note when an early bird for happy hour arrived. "Can I get a whiskey?" he asked
"Sorry but we're closed." she replied.
"Not even for an old friend?" It was Ralph, the man that worked alongside Dalin. He help run cashes gang, and he too had done a number on Evalin while she was with Dalin.
"No- not even for an old friend." she said.
"Cash's been looking for you. Who knew you were right here all along."
"Yep and with a blink of an eye, I'll be gone."
Evalin folded her note and turned around to face him.
"Well ya see, I'm not here for the whiskey. I'm here for you. So's my friend here." Cash walked in.
"My long lost love." he said. Evalin's eyes, throat, and legs filled with fear. Ralph grabbed her shoulders and she struggled to break free from his arms and run for the door. Cash threw the back of his class ring into her cheek.
"You'll be sorry for ever touching me." she gasped.
"Oh why? Because you've got some boyfriend?" he spat.
"Yeah one you'll be sorry to meet." she said.
"Well.. my dear. Fuck your boyfriend." they laughed. "You see this? This is chloroform, and it's gonna knock you out hard. And when you wake up you're not gonna know where the fuck you are."
"I'm not the one who needs to know." Evalin spit in his face, and he grabbed her jaw in his hands.
"You little bitch, you won't last a day without good behavior where I'm taking you." then Cash covered her mouth with the damp rag. They took Doc's cell phone and left the letter she had written.
"No ones going to even miss her." Ralph said.
"Thats the idea."
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like was terrible by not letting the saints be saints. But now you know whats in store, and you can love me by leaving a comment or two. ;)