Status: Complete. Sad...

He Who Walks Among Roses

Quindecim - Rats have something to Give

The boys walked around an old dilapidated apartment. The found nothing more than some worthless furniture - scraps of news paper... The walls still had small amounts of blood. From what Murphy hoped wasn't Evalin's. They stood in the bedroom looking at the smeared walls wondering what exactly happened.
"Do ya think this is what-" Connor started.
"Don't. I don't wanna think about it." Murphy finished.
"Righto. Me either." Connor kicked at a peice of newspaper on the floor.
"SHH!" Murphy said. They listened. Someone had come in behind them, they were rustling through some papers in the kitchen "-I don't see it." the man said.
"Let's greet the little bastard." Connor whispered. They doubled back into the hallway. Guns loaded, easy plan. They both turned and pointed their guns at the same moment. The man was so scared he froze instantly.
"Hang up the phone." Murphy said quietly. The man clicked the phone shut.
"Okay - okay! Look I don't know what you want, but its not me - I'm not him."
"You mean you're not Cash?" Murphy said.
"Of - course not."
"Yeah - we know that - yer way too fuckin' weaselly." Connor said.
"Where's he at?" Murphy asked.
"He's- he's with Mr. Yakavetta. At his place. The nice one." he stuttered.
"What they workin' on?" Murphy asked.
"They- They have my daughter. In a shop. These men they come from all over to visit..."
"What is it exactly?" Connor asked.
"Its-itsa sex shop. They put my daughter in there because I was trying to leave." the man sobbed. This man's name was Ralph, it was his 13 year old daughter that lay next to Evalin.
"Well I think we can help each other out then. See- We're looking to stop the whole thing."
"How?"
"Well with guns, naturally." Connor said. Murphy and Connor knew this man was there way in and out.
"Tell us where it is."
"It's uptown, in the music district. But it's far from the city. Theres a bright red sign across the street, the door downstairs is under a yellow tarp. Customers knock three times. Then you pick your girl, then you pay. Will-Will you save my daughter? You're them saints righ?"
"Maybe." they said. Murphy crushed the mans cell phone under his foot. Go home, and wait for this to blow over.

_______________________________________________________________________

Evalin had hope again, Murphy was looking for her, and soon these men would be dead. These women, they would be safe.
"What're you smiling about?" one of Cash's men definitely felt like they had too much power. Evalin turned and looked away. She'd rather keep herself out. This man, no, he was far too drunk to stand her cold shoulder. So he kicked her in the ribs and re-broke the rib that never got set. Evalin screamed in pain.
"Oh fuck!" she said.
"Shut-up." He obviously hadn't intended to break her rib. He panicked and set her a syringe full of bright liquid.
"No- NO! Please - no!" She cried. Evalin kicked her legs but the man only decided to inject it into her leg. Within minutes her body felt sick. It felt evil. She couldn't breathe. She coughed up fluid that came out of nowhere. - Her teeth, they clenched, they chattered. She threw up, she felt hot and sticky.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, again, short. But at least I'm still updating! There probably aren't too many left in this series. Excited?