Status: Complete. Sad...

He Who Walks Among Roses

Septemdecim - Need A Plan

This just seemed too easy. One guy, thirty girls, what were they thinking? I could've been worse. It should've been. Connor sat next to Murphy, he was cradling Evalin in his arms.
"Why won't she wake up?" Murphy asked.
"They must've given 'er something."
"She didn't sound hurt over the phone, she sounded fine. How could this happen? We have to get her to the hospital, please!" Murphy said.
"We don't know what's waiting. But I think waiting will do more damage than not." Connor said.
"So I say we load up the van." Romeo said.
"What if we jus' move the body? Take Evalin, and come back for the' res' later ta'night?"
"Aye, tha' tis a good plan." Connor said.
"Where do we put the body?"
"Jesus, I hadnt thought that far ahead."
"Well we'll take him with us?"
"I guess we have no other choice."
"Rome - go pull the van closer, honk when 'is clear, ya?"
"Got it." Connor took off the jacket the man was wearing and put it around Evie's body.

Connor pulled out their cell phone and rang the detective.
"Duffy. Can you meet us somewhere?"
"Sure - where's tha?"
"Do you know that little music village?"
"Well sure..."
"How fast?"
"I dun-"
"Needs to be fast."
"Alright, alright. Give me ten."
"Look for a van. Tha's us." Connor hung up the phone.

"We can't bring Duffy in yet!" Murphy said.
"Look, Murph. She needs help, she needs doctors and we can' take her to tha' hospital. Duffy will."
"Then he'll look suspicious!"
"Do you want her ta live?!"
"Of course!"
"Then think! I know ya care about this random girl! But a got to pull yer' head out of yer' ass!"
"Well fuck brother."
"We dont know whats in her, could be a poison for all we'h know."
"Your right! I just can't think of what to do, I'm fuckin' distracted as fuck!"
"Got tha' one right didn't ye?" Romeo honked. They hoisted the man over Connor's shoulder, Murphy carried Evie. once outside they threw the dead man in the back of the van. The both hopped in and shut the doors. The rolled a blue tarp over the man.
"Rome- we wait till Duffy gets here."
"Well I think we should get outa here."
"He'll be a minute." Sure enough, Detective Duffy's car appeared at the end of the block, Romeo drove to meet him at the corner. Murphy took Evalin, Connor followed him out and opened the back door to the unmarked police vehicle. Murphy set her down in the back.
"What the bloody hell is this?"
"She needs to be at the hospital. She's really sick."
"I thought -"
"-Not what you thought. The men who did it will be dead later tonight."
"Bloom's gonna fucking kill you." Duffy said.
"Yeah probably." Connor said.
"Help tha' girl." Murphy said. Duffy filled with frustration drove away. He had no idea how he was going to explain this in paperwork.
________________________________________________________________________

"DETECTIVE DUFFY I NEED ASSISTANCE!" Duffy yelled into the ER. A nurse in pink scrubs stopped filing her nails. To help set Evalin on a gourney.
"Overdose?"
"Not sure - incredibly ill. Get her the attention she needs, a detective will be here shorty to gather her statement."
"What about you?"
"I'll probably be a little bit longer." Duffy left the ER and dialed the boys.

"She's in. You have maybe two hours tops. I'm the one who found the girl - alone, and you three slipped in after me and did all the dirty work. Got it?"
"Sounds like a plan. I love it when a plan comes together." Murphy said. "We're waiting for them to show. Shouldn't be long. The goose in the back of the van made it seem like they were all running late for some reason."
"Jesus, okay - he was never there when I was."
"Aye. Maybe we'll talk to ya in a bit." Murphy hung up the phone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking so long with lack of updates! I'm back, I apologize. I'm trying to make the most of what left! Maybe three more updates tops.