Status: Complete. Sad...

He Who Walks Among Roses

Novendecim - Hospital Visits

And her face was completely confused. Police? Murphy? So she pressed the green button. Still - nothing happened.

"Well doll, meet Dolly, and Duffy. There some of the few agents that help us on our... "little missions." Murphy said. Evalin still said nothing. She simply looked shocked. The pain seemed to be creeping back slowly, but still there.
"So you all work together?" she asked.
"Yes, and we still want to know the nature of your... well relationship with this asshole." Dolly said. This time she laughed. Bringing her a little physical pain along with the mental joy.
"It's complicated." he said.
"Well not really." She said. "We met - shit happens you know like in the movies."
"Right - vigilante Irishmen. In movies? That's a laugh."

Murphy was sitting at the side of her bed. Happy to be back with her. Even though she was in pain she couldn't help but feel happy because she was going to be okay. Murphy had found her, he had rescued her, and she could tell he cared about her.
"Sorry I missed my flight." She said through chattering teeth. She was starting to feel cold. Her tendons twitched like a mouth after sour candy. Murphy saw how her body reacted to what she'd been through. Bags under her eyes from sleepless nights. Bruises, lots of bruises. Her skin looked leathery, from lack of nutrition. She was trying to keep the shaking under control by casually pressing the green button at her bedside. Murphy could see she was hurt, that she was in pain, he hadn't thought something like this would happen to her, again. He questioned himself, he thought she had left him. He waited too long, he should've check when she never showed. It was all his fault and he saw that.

And Evalin, guessing what his mind was racing about, touched his hand and said, "It isn't your fault." Almost as if she was inside his mind at that very moment. She didn't blame him. She expected him to react the way he did, she knew no one would find her for a long time.

"Well the news is currently having a field day with what happened."
"Murphy - you and Connor probably wanna lay low."
"Aye."
"We'll call you when we can."
"We'll make sure no other detectives talk to Evalin, and we'll let her call you when we can be here."
"Thanks - thi's really means 'lot." Murphy said. He kissed Evalin. She didn't want him to leave, it'd been so long since she'd seen him. But she realized - he was one of the Saints of Boston. He shouldn't be here.
"Please bring Doc." she said. Murphy nodded at her request. Of course she didn't want to be alone.
_______________________________________________________________________

"I saw the numbers Murph. With that much toxin in her body, it'd be a small chance if the baby survived." Duffy said.
"Aye, as I though'" Murph answered back. "I didn't hold my breath. I guess I'll thank God for keeping her alive."
"We'll consider yourself lucky - the rest of those girls, the ones that had been constantly drugged, a lot of them won't come back to the way they were. Its almost a poison what they were injecting in their veins." Duffy said. "It pretty much fried their brains."
"I guess I am lucky then." Murphy said.
"Don't sweat it brother, Its a painful thing. I'm terribly sorry we weren't aware of this sooner." Connor said.
"At least we got the bastards." said Romeo.
_______________________________________________________________________

Doc sat at Evalin's bedside while she shivered. The drugs were working their way out of her system. She was eating cleansers as quickly as the staff would bring them. She wanted whatever it was out. Since Murphy wasn't around she wouldn't use the pain killers. Anything to help her baby. Doc only sat and watched as this girl he cared for fight. She was fighting something terrible inside her and it brought him pain to see her. He took trips to get coffee constantly. He held her hand while she gritted her teeth.

Doc went into the bathroom when his cell phone rang - so the attendants wouldn't see.
"How's she doin?"
"Well not f-f-uck-k-in good. She can barely breathe the poor thing."
"She'll be alright? I should come."
"No the fuck you s-shouldn't. you know th-that."
"Well I Don't know what else to do."
"You ca-can't come here- FUCK. PISS."
"Well tell the nurses to give her something!"
"She has access to them, she won't take them."
"Why not?"
"She thinks it doesn't help the pollution."
"Well that's stupid! I'd rather her think of herself, the baby didn't make it."
"Well she doesn't think she should be thinking that. It-Its harder-r t-t-o watch."
"Well make her."
"I - I - won't put her in that situation. Ju-just.. trust her. Thats- what I have to do."
"Doc, juss' be there for her, I'll take care of Murphy." Connor had snagged the phone from Murphy's mouth.
"Aye."
♠ ♠ ♠
I believe I'm gonna write a sequel, won't be long - and it'll be continuous. I just think they deserve to be separate. Anyways comment - sub. Whatever it is that you do. Thanks!