Status: Complete. Sad...

He Who Walks Among Roses

Viginti Unus - Leaving

Evain's last night at the hospital she spent sleeping. She slept soundly except for the time an orderly can into her room, they checked on her baby and vitals and left. But she stayed sound asleep after that. She had a beautiful dream about being lost in the mountains, but she hadn't really been lost because things like trees and rocks would give her directions on where she could go to find home. She awoke well rested and happy that she'd be going home today. She could kiss Murphy, hug Connor and Romeo.

"Well Ms. Mullaine we're happy to say that we can release you with complete contentment that you'll be just fine. You've recovered tremendously and we're very proud of you for being so strong throughout this process."
"Uh, Thank you doctor." she said. She spent the rest of the day collecting prescriptions for her, and for Doc. Some of the female nurses hugged her and told her how brave she was, as if she didn't already know that, but it was nice that they'd do whatever she asked them too. She got constant questions about names for the baby, the baby which she had yet to tell Murphy about. All she knew was that her baby was alive, however she had an appointment next week to tell her even more about the child inside her. So the day was ending. Evalin stepped into the detectives car along with Doc; exhausted from the last two weeks. Evalin hadn't seen Murphy since that night she was saved. But they had had a few phone calls to mull over each other like old times. She was heading to South Boston, back to the bar, back to her family with a small, yet visible bump that had appeared around her belly. Duffy and Dolly were escorting them home.
"So how's it wrapping up?" Evalin asked.
"The case?" Dolly questioned.
"Mmhm."
"Well all vics. were Identified, crimes traced to a few others that will be put on trial in a few weeks. Most of the girls have been able to return to their homes, while a few still reamin in intensive care."
"Could... I see the file?" she asked.
"You really want to?" they gave her a weird look.
"It doesn't bother me, but I'd like to satisfy my curiosity." They handed her the manila envelope. Filled with photos of men, murder, and blood. She flipped through them remembering each an every one.
"What about little Sara? Is she okay?"
"The young one? Yeah - well she'll have permanent damage... physically and mentally. But she was able to return home."
"Thats good. And Cash?"
"What do you mean "and cash"?"
"Where is he now?"
"You mean he's not in there?"
"No. He's not."
"We identified him as Pete Goodwin."
"No... No. He's Dalin Ferbeck."
"We didn't have any record of that man."
"So I guess he's fled then?" she asked.
"Well we'll have to look into it I suppose."
"That'd be good. Because the only thing I have to worry about is him."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks so much for the comments guys. Your wonderful, I was writing another story along with school so my mind was a little heavy. I'll try to finish this before I do much much more, and I'm putting a sequel in the works. Vote! Boy or Girl baby? +I should post another later today, sorry for the short chapter.