Status: Complete. Sad...

He Who Walks Among Roses

Viginti Tribus - Baseball

Evalin awoke early that morning. Murphy silently sleeping next to her. She walked downstairs to have a glass of water and found herself smiling at the fact that she had Murphy back, her baby, and months ago she was alone, waiting for Doc to get out of the hospital.

Then there was a knock at the door.
"We're closed." she said.

Yet, they knocked again. Evalin walked over to the door to catch their attention.
"CLOSED." she said and pointed at the sign hanging on the door. But instead the man pointed back at the sign with a gun.
"Be good, and open the door." he said. Evalin unlocked the door to McGinty's and the man stepped inside. This was the man who had given her her first and only injection. He only did it because he wanted to shut her up. It was his fault if something wrong happens with the baby, his fault she was in the hospital so long, probably the reason some of the girls hadn't returned home yet.

"You should be leaving." she spoke softly.
"Or what? That old man of yours will beat my ass?" he laughed.
"Not exactly." she murmured.
"Well we've got some talking to do. Cash would like you to come with me. Seeing that you're pregnant with his baby and all, he'd like to treat ya right, and raise that baby you two will have together."
"So, he wants to raise this baby?" she pointed at her belly.
"Thats what I said bitch. Now lets go."
"No.. I don't think so. See, this baby isn't his."
"You better not let those words come out of your mouth again. We all know you were his girl. He was good to you." he spat.
"Doesn't mean it's his. Now you should leave."
"Or what - "
"Or this." She held the rifle that sat behind the bar.

"Well well, what is this?" Connor said.
"A rat." Evie said.
"Rat? Disgusting. You should shoot it."
"Plan to."
"What the FUCK IS THIS?!" the man said.
"Oh... you know him?" Evalin asked.
"He's the fucker that fucked up my friends."
"One of them." She said. Evalin looked at the man condescendingly. "I don't think you're in luck. Either I shoot you, or he does. Seems like you got the short end on this one."
The man, well he looked pretty worried.
"So where's he hiding?"
"The Plaza." he muttered.
"Kneel." The man kneeled. "Toss your gun to Connor." he did. Evalin took this opportunity to hang the gun to Connor while she grabbed the baseball bat from a low shelve hidden behind the bar.
"Do you see this?" the man nodded.
"I'm going to bash your brains in with it. We clear?" The man looked terrified.
"But! I told you where Cash was!"
"Doesn't mean I don't remember you. Now hold still." Evalin placed the bat next to his head lining up her swing. And when she pulled back the man flinched, she waited just long enough for him to think she wasn't going to swing, and then she did. And she heard an incredibly loud crack. Most likely his skull.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long await. COMMENT: Baby, boy or girl? I wanna vote. And hurry so I can write the 24th. Much love Subbies.