Status: Complete. Sad...

He Who Walks Among Roses

Viginti Quatuor- Sound of a Plot

"Well, shit. Who the hell is that?"
"A rat." Connor and Evalin muttered.
"Really? I couldn't tell with his skull bein' all smashed n' such."
"I'll take that as a compliment." she said.
"Suddenly I'm not so worried about ya, if ya have the means to do this to anyone who crosses ya." Murphy said.
"Well... he and I had unfinished business, as they would say in the movies." she said.
"What do we do with the body?" Romeo asked.
"Good question. Why don't you get ta thinking about a plan." Connor said.
"Well... theres always the river..."
"Nah nah. We'll just have to leave him somewhere across town tonight. But we do it right."
"Aye."

Evalin's wrists ached from the crack of the bat. But she had never felt better, if only she could get near Cash, she'd be in pure ecstasy. The will inside her compelled her to live, and she was going to do just that. Even though she feared what might come of her if Cash succeeded in his little game, she still sought that happiness she'd be given of he was defeated.

"So what's the story with this one eh?" Murphy asked.
"I spent my entire time chained to a bed, and kept my mouth shut so that I never got an injection. And this man, because of his own selfishness - was the reason I was sick and hospitalized, he put our baby in danger, and he deserved this."
"Aye, all bad men do." he replied. "Guess that makes you an unofficial saint."
________________________________________________________________________

Finally, a regular doctor, not a hospital. It had been a week since Evalin had left the hospital and she was happy to return to see Doctor Lovelace. Not only did she want to know about her baby, but she wanted to have something to tell Murphy. She knew that in his mind, he never expected a child, but he would raise one nonetheless.

"So Ms. Mulliane. Glad to see you back, and looking so healthy!"
"Well I try." she said in return. Evalin sat down in a reclined leather chair while the doctor examined the width of her stomach and the complexity of her scarred body.
"So what does the lucky father think?"
"Well, once you get passed his shock, and awe, he's pretty pleased. I don't think he thought this would happen, let alone so soon."
"I'm glad, but yet you're still a Ms." No doubt, Lovelace being older, was a little old fashioned.
"Oh, maybe for a while." Evalin said.
"Does he not want to marry?"
"No - it just wasn't in the cards for him to marry, have a family. It's unexpected for him, and his brother."
"Well thats lovely, a father, and uncle, and a grandpa. Anymore family members?"
"Well... theres a family friend, and a Grandma - however I have yet to meet her, and if I ever do, I shall say I will fear for my life." she smiled.
"Oh look here," Evalin saw a figure appear on the screen, and it looked like a baby. She could see it was a baby girl. So solemn she slept tightly wrapped in her mothers womb. Unable to comprehend the struggle they've both been through.
"Precious." Lovelace muttered.
"I'm speechless to actually see her."
________________________________________________________________________

"So when do we finish this fucker?" Romeo asked.
"Soon. We know where their hiding we're waiting on good 'ol Remi to send us some ammunition."
"Right so then what?"
"Well we blast the shit out of what's left of 'em. And then we return home like we never left."
"That's what Bloom would want."
"True, but I think laying low after a job like this would do us some good."
"Aye, guess you're right, but please don't think of some plan that involves some stupid fuckin' rope."
"Aye shut it, I'll make us a plan, and you'll like it. I'll be the one helpin' put yer girlfriends psycho ex in a grave."
"Yeah, you help, but I get to finish him." Murphy said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah, a girl just seems right. I stayed up late just for my fans. :) Hope you enjoy this short snippet.