Status: Complete. Sad...

He Who Walks Among Roses

Viginti Sextus - Ultimus

"Well I didn't know you had it in ya."
"What?"
"Well the balls to leave a man bleeding to death, It's kinda sexy." Murphy told Evalin.
"its a natural reaction."
"Oh, is that your reasoning? Ha, well revenge has never been sweeter."
Evalin smiled.

Connor and Romeo returned to Murphy's side with a baseball bat and pleased looks on their faces.
"He dead yet?" she asked.
"Not quite. But definitely out." Romeo said.
"Probably won't come back around. Connor added.
"But if he does we're gonna do some water boarding!" Romeo said overly excited.

"So Murph... I talked to Bloom. She's a... pretty pissed."
"Seems bout righ'" he said.
"She wants us back as soon as possible."
"Did ya tell her about the mess in the front room?"
"No I avoided that tidbit."
"Good." Murphy said.
"Sweetheart - think ya can make it to Ireland this time?" Connor asked before Murphy had the chance.
"I think I can manage."
"What about Doc?!"
"I'll visit."
"It just wont be the same without you..."
"Ill b-b-e around." he stuttered.
______________________________________________________________________

After chatting for a while they heard a slight groan coming from the now conscious man on their floor. He lay in a pool of his own blood, it wouldn't be long before he drowned in his own bodily fluids. The first groan was ignored, but the second caused Evalin to get up and walk over to him. She towered over him and looked at his face - it was riddled with pain.

This pleased her.

She stood over him, and realized, he knew who she was.
"You really thought you had me huh?" A gurgle was his only reply, and with that he left this world to a worse place. He was finally rid of her life, she could now be free.

"We must all fear evil men, but there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men." (Boondock Saints film #1 scene 1)

Romeo walked next to her and tried to see what she was looking at, when he realized he was dead, he let out a very loud, "God Damnit!" and took the towel and bucket of water back to the sink.
_____________________________________________________________________

The plane ride wasn't nearly as bad as she thought, the weight of her stomach wanted her to sit all the time - and she was only displeased when she had to pee, for the 8th time.
Her first ride on a plane, and she got to hold Murphy's hand during the turbulence.

Arriving in the airport they found their car awaited them outside. The air was fresh - the smell of smoked meat filled her lungs, hops from a near by brewery. Everyone treated her so nicely, most likely because she was pregnant... but it was a good start to her new life.

They loaded themselves inside the black suburban - Eunice Bloom was at the wheel.
"Jesus Murphy. I didn't believe ya when you said had gotten her pregnant."
"Well you called Connor last time didn't ye?"
"Well fuck a duck." she said.
"How am I supposed to have a baby at home?"
"Hospit-"
"-Not for two hundred miles, at least." Eunice added.
"Great."
"So when can we expect the little "bundle of joy?" she asked.
"I'd say she'd have maybe five months left."
"Great joyful." she said sarcastically. It seems Evalin and perhaps Eunice were the only ones who knew the sex of the baby now. The men seemed oblivious to the fact that she said she.

Romeo was convinced the child was male - he referred to her as a he, even after Evalin let slip the true sex.

They arrived to a small cottage, green feild filled with sheep. At least they were cute. The kitchen was big, but everything else was small, and one bathroom.

That night Evalin slept next to Murphy, she was in his home, his bed, she couldn't be happier. And that night he slept with his arm across her chest - keeping her safe. She really was safe this time.
_____________________________________________________________________

On the evening of her child's birth, Evalin had spent the day with everyone out in the pastures. She had headed back ahead of everyone on account of stretching her legs. And when she reached home she realized the discomfort she was experiencing was because of the puddle of water at her feet. She sat in her favorite leather chair trying to comfort her aching body - but none came to her. She was alone. She remembered that the nearest hospital was a two hundred miles away. No way would she last in a car for that long.
And Eunice had even tole her a hospital was out of the question on account of them being in hiding.

She held her stomach trying to soothe her contractions. Breathing was the only thing she could accomplish when one hit - at least she would soon meet her child.
______________________________________________________________________

Eunice was the next person to walk through the door.
"WHY CAN'T I HAVE A HOSPITAL?"
"Are you - wait no!"
"Yes. Help me." Eunice got on the phone and called a Mary Macintyre. She would be here within the hour, and until then Evalin would be in the tub. Eunice helped her change and placed her in a nice warm bath. The only thing that covered her body was an over sized white t-shirt of Murphy's.

Eunice stuck her head out the bathroom window and could see all four boys wrestling in the med. Paul was some sort of active referee. Eunice tried to wave her arms and call out to them but they weren't looking and the wind carried her voice only back to her - not out to them.

Mary surprisingly arrived before any of the boys. She was an old midwife - at least she seemed to be experienced. She spent minutes massaging her aching belly. Eunice kept cold cloths on her forehead, she was being a friend, something she was only in secret.
________________________________________________________________________

"I called it!"
"NO I DID!"
"There's only one and I'm gonna get there firs'!" You could hear them wrestle each other up the stairs. When they finally opened the door they were wide-eyed at what they saw. They were the sight unseen. They were covered from head to toe in mud. Thick brown mud.
"Hose." Eunice said and pointed.

When they returned they were dripping wet from the cold water - both shirtless they tried to towel off but their poor jeans would be soaked all night. Murphy's hair dripping and leaving streaks down the dry flesh he had just rid of water. Connor was on the phone with someone and Murphy knelt next to Evalin and wiped the hair from her face.

"Guess what ma' yer gonna be a grandmother." shit. Did their mother even know about her? This made the pregnancy slightly worse. But Murphy held her hand and kept her neck cool. She hadn't realized they're momo was in Ireland. Of course she was, hoe stupid could she have been?

Evalin squeezed Murphy's hand through each contraction. Eunice and Paul stood in the doorway giving needed equipment to the midwife. Evalin was in for a rough night.
______________________________________________________________________

Within a few hours Evalin was holding her baby girl, Romeo was slightly displeased with the true nature of the baby's sex but he smiled nonetheless. Evalin sat as she watched her newly found family huddle around her Daughter, Murphy never did quite smiling that day. And Evalin had called Doc with the good news, she was pleased to find out he would be visiting before the week was over.
Evalin had stood up for herself for the first time in her life, and had won the best prize she could ever think of. She had this family, the kind that was amazing.

Whether she got married or not she didn't care, her family wasn't related to each other what so ever - except for the twins, and now her newborn daughter.

Murphy held her next to him while everyone took turns holding their child. What was to come was unknown. Whether these men would ever be out of hiding or safe was a mystery. But for now everything was perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
the end. I wrote this once, perfectly. And I've spent this entire day re-writing it because it got deleted. Hopefully I put everything back where it was supposed to be and I ended it to everyones liking! Let me know - I send you all my love, thank you for being loyal readers and subbers. Till next time- (Btw if you love Norman Reedus, go read my Walking like your Dead fiction, it's my new obsession.) <3