Status: Complete. Sad...

He Who Walks Among Roses

Sextus - Singing

"Hey there." Murphy said with sun in his eyes.
"Morning."
"You gonna go see Doc today?"
"Yeah, when I stop smiling." She smiled. "Oh my. He's going to make fun of me for kissing you."
"What- Lets keep than between yeh and meh for now. Is that alrigh'?" Connor will kill meh."
"He jealous?"
"Well someone's full the them self."
"Thats not what I mean. Just jealous that you two aren't doing the same thing for once."
"Well tha' makes more sense... Its- Its just tha' if anyone we knew where to find out abou' yeh' you'd be in danger. I like you Evie. I really do, but I'm having the hardest time admitting it to myself because I donn' wan' you hurt."
"I've been in worse danger before." she looked up at him with eager eyes.
"You'll have a target painted on your back."
"I already do."
"You're such a bad girl."
"Nah I just lost my halo. Think the guys are awake?"
"Not at 10 AM."
"Well. You're coming with me today" she said.
Oh- NO." Evalin got down a long sandy blonde wig she would wear out after she escaped. She left the room for a while and when she came back it was all chopped up and boy short.
"Come-on throw it on. Beach boy."
"Connor's gonna have a big fit."
________________________________________________________________________

1414:
"Howdy Doc." Murph said.
"Has - FUCK ASS - this girl been talking to you?"
"Don- Doc- Don't."
"Dont what!" Murphy asked.
"This girls from the West. Haha she'll talk funny if she's been around a Texan." Evalin rolled her eyes.
"Really?! And ta think ya were Irish. What I lie."
"I am, Mullaine. Thats where my family started, they moved out west for the land during the famine, and then my line got muddied up from there. I'm Indian too."
"Ahh well. Mi father was Italian. I'm only 'alf Irish."
Doc and Evaline both gasped.
"No way..." they said in Unison.
"So have you two k-kiss-s-sed yet?" Doc asked They just stare. In shock about the question. "No shit- you have. FUCK ASSSSS! I was only joking."
"How- I'm lost. Its good to see you Doc. I'm happy your doing well. Connor sends his love, Rome too." said Murphy. The talked and talked about memories. Evalin found out just how much murphy can drink. Murphy found out how much Evalin really sings.
"ITS NOT ALL THE TIME!" They laughed.
________________________________________________________________________

"I'm hungry." Evalin said.
"Well lets grab a burger." Evalin and Murphy went to the burger stand between the hospital and home.
"I want a philly, extra mushrooms" Evalin ordered.
"I'll have a double."
"This isn't alchohol," Evalin commented. They walked and ate their food Boston style - on foot.
They got back to the bar, when all they heard was laughing.
"My fucking God, my brothers one of them surfer boys. Finally dye you hair lighter did ye'?" he laughed, barely containing himself.
"Ya done pissin' yer pants?"
"EVALIN!" A random voice said. Everyone looked up to see who had follow them into the bar. "Trixie?"
"Yes its me! where have you been!? I haven't seen you since the senior party! I saw you down the street and I guess you couldn't hear me yell your name over traffic!"
"Oh, well Hi!" They hugged. "I've just been abroad. Ireland mostly." Evalin gave the boys a funny look. They headed upstairs while these two caught up.
"Well tell me whats up!" Evalin looked at the petite blonde girl in front of her. Had they been friend once? She never came looking for Evalin after she disappeared. Well... Evalin had and Idea, and she was about to find out.
"Actually, could you do me a favor."
"Uh sure- anything!"
"I want to throw a party here, a big party! And charge an entrance fee. I need to pay for a friends hospital bills."
"Will you do karaoke?!" she squealed.
"Uhm- yeah- surrrre."
"Okay, when!"
"Saturday? That too soon?"
"No I can pull it off. I'll send a few mass texts dont worry, listen I gotta run but we'll catch up at the party okay!"
"Alright sounds incredible!" she lied. At least now she had a way to make a dent in Doc's bills. As she watch Trixie walk out the door she smiled to herself, this was going to be fun.
________________________________________________________________________

"What was that all about?"
"Old high school friend, we're throwing a party Saturday, all the funds go to doc!"
"Look at this chica, brilliant ideas." Romeo smiled. Evalin was excited for the party. She knew that charging at the door and with drinks would get a hefty chunk of change. Hopefully stupid people came and spent all their money. She went to her computer and drew up flyers. She looked at the pull out sofa. She could see the metal bar in the center, thats what was bothering Murphy she thought. She printing 50 flyers, and went around the 'ol Irish block to put them up, then left a few at the high school. Hopefully the kids would want to celebrate spring too. St. Patty's day style. Getting to the bar she realized that this was crazy, and would draw unneeded attention. But- it had to be done.
"Hey Murph, where are the other two?"
"They were jealous of our lunch so they took my wig and went off. Donn' worry about Rome he looks just like ever other Spic in Botson." he smiled.
"So- Murphy what should I consider what happened last night?"
"It was... a moment of happiness." he said.
"Nothing more?" she asked disappointed.
"It- it can't be I won't risk you getting hurt."
"But- the only people who know where you are are Bloom and Smecker."
"How do ya know tha'?"
"Bloom called. She just wanted to know if you were holding up your end of the deal."
"Oh, so no information, no. none." she replied. "I'm sorry for asking. I just like to know whats going on." Evalin was a little hurt. She turned to leave when Murphy grabbed her arm.
"I'll kiss you again if you sing to me." he bargained.

"I can't see the stars anymore - living here - lets go to the hills where the outlines are clear - bring on the wonder bring on the song - I pushed you down deep im my soul for too long -"

"That was easy... and beautiful. May I have more?"
"When you hold up your end of the deal." she said. So Murphy stepped closer and leaned into those lips that had sung him a few lines of melodic harmony. They were soft like the words sung, and he breathed her in, setting her on a bar stool he held her face and kissed her deeply - passionately. Every time he shook the thought of loving her from his mind it kept crawling back.

"MURPHY. WHAT THE 'ELL?" It was Connor. Standing in the door he and Romeo were wide-eyed at what they had just witnessed. He walked towards Murphy, his eyes looked threatening.
"What is this? What did we talk about?"
"Talked about what?" Evalin asked.
"Murphy answer me."
"Connor - if you're talking about protecting me forget it. I'm already set. I'm already in just as much trouble as you two. I have God to protect me and I have you three."
"Evie let Murphy answer for himself."
"Connor I tried to listen - "
"Well not 'ard enough!"
"Questions to questions - I've got a fuckin' question." Evalin said. "Why do you get to decide for him?"
"I'm only lookin' out for meh brother. An' for yeh."
"Fuck all the rest - Forget the rules. I'm already on the Hit list of the Yakavettas and Cash's gang. Thats just as many as you have. Whats the point of protecting me? Leaving me on my own I'm in just as much trouble."
"Murphy!"
"Connor!" They broke into a fist fight. Evalin tried to hold them apart.
"No! STOP!"
"Guy's knock it off your gonna hurt Evalin!" And sure enough she got smacked in the nose.
"Shiiiit!" Then the stopped.
"Fuck. are ye alright?"
"Do I look aright?"
"You look like your bleeding, sure enough her nose was dripping blood into her mouth.
"Connor you fuckin' asshole!" Murphy noticed the blood on Connors fist was Evalin's.
"SHIIIIIT!" Evalin screamed. She went behind the counter and filled a ten gallon bucket full of ice, walked over to the boys wrestling on the floor and dumped it on them.
"Knock it the fuck off." She said. And upstairs she went. Slamming her door.
________________________________________________________________________

First her eye, now her nose. Atleast they were diminishing. Her nose had stopped bleeding and she could reapply make-up to her eye now that she had stopped crying. There was a knock at her door. She opened it and found Connor.
"May I come in?" he asked ever so politely.
"Sure."
"I wanted ter apologize. Yer nothin' but good to us. I just don't want to see my brother after they kill you. If that happened one day I'd lose my brother. I'd lose a friend too. It's just dangerous for us to have anyone around. We tried to get rid of Romeo but we jus' can't shake him. We had a friend named Rocco, he worked for the Yakavettas and he ended up wanting them dead just like we did, and in the end - Rocco was killed in front of us."
"That's terrible - I'm sorry for your loss. I appreciate you guys here. But I'm smart. What if I promise not to go looking for trouble and be overly cautious when its around?"
"Well at this point. I don' think I can stop you or Murph. Just take care of 'im. He's all I got."
"I think I can make that promise." Connor hugged Evalin -
"Welcome to our fucked up family dollface."
________________________________________________________________________

Murphy came down to the bar an hour after Evalin opened up.
"He didn't hit ya again did he'?"
"No, he gave me - his blessing."
"Well thas' unexpected."
"You.. wanna finish that kiss?" she asked. Murphy smile and pecked her lips and left their faces close together. Evalin leaned in and kissed him. She controlled his lips, she made them mold to hers. Murphy came behind the bar with her and pushed her up against the sink. Ther he kissed her harder. She ran his hands down her chest to her hips. He tucked two fingers in the inside of her jeans and put the palm of his hand on her stomach. He ran his hand to her spine and to the back of her bra. Evalin shifted her weight, but chose the wrong wrist. She felt a flash of pain and yelped. Murphy jumped back. He was aware of her pain, and he thought he had caused it. He thought that he had sent some recurring memory into her mind and made her think if the time when she didn't want to be touched this way.
"Sorry-" He muttered. And walked upstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song is "Bring on the Wonder" by Susan Enan (just so ya know) Hey guys - Thanks for reading, I appreciate the love. I'm writing constantly. I'm on like two updates per day. Next Chap. expect some crazy sex.