Status: Complete. Sad...

He Who Walks Among Roses

Octo - "Molto Buona"

"So Boss - you want her body wrapped up in carpet or her feet in cement?"
"Neither, for the time being." Cash/Dalin said. "Tell me what she's up to."
"Well she seems to be running that Irish pub on the south end of town. She was with some chick - but I'm fairly sure she was just the party planner because I've seen her at a lot of parties."
"So she's running it alone?"
"No some old guy owns it. But I didn't see him around. Seriously Boss - If ya want her dead I can get her like BOOM! and then she's dead, get it?"
"Death for her would be satisfaction. I've been planning something with the Yakavetta's - something big - and I think she'd like to be a part of it. So for now I want you just to make sure she's still running that bar, don't let her move anywhere else. I want to know where I can find her when the time comes."
"Sure thing Boss."
________________________________________________________________________

"So jus' a question - Did everyone get laid las' nigh'?" Connor asked standing in the hallway with just his boxers on. He looked in Romeo's room to see him laying on the floor with a smile across his face. And with Evalin and Murphy - well he just assumed.
"Don't talk so loud, my head hurts." Evalin said. "Bad."
"Well maybe you shouldn't party so hard!" Connor yelled. Evalin, and Lai growned. Trixie had left before they woke up.
"Well I'm going to go see if the blonde robbed us." Connor said. And he went downstairs to asses the damage.
"Morning." Murphy said to Evalin.
"Uhh." she replied. Murphy moved the hair from Evalin's eyes.
*Riiiiiing* Connor answered it.
"You alrigh' darlin'?"
"Coffee?" she replied. Murphy picked her up wrapped in a sheet and carried her downstairs to make her some coffee. He put on the pot and joined Connor at looking at the money.

"Who called?" Murphy asked.
"The hospital. They say that they found Doc a match. He achieved priority because someone died in tha' hospital, and teh increase the chance that a liver will take it needs teh be as fresh as possible. So instead of flyin it across the country - they'll give it to 'im.'"
"Well thats great news." Evalin said. "I'll react like it when my head stops hurting. Will he be in surgery for the rest of the day?"
"They said come by tomorrow, the surgery would be done and then we could visit."
"Well thats exciting - I'm - I'm so happy, I'm sorry if my face doesn't show it."
"The tears in yer eyes do darlin'." Murphy said.

Connor passed a piece of paper to Evalin.

"Taking off! I helped myself to my "finders fee" and tips. Much Love - Trixie"

"What does "Finders fee" entail?" Evalin asked irritated.
"Looks like a couple hundred. But from what I've counted so far - you made 1,800." Connor said.
"Thats... incredible!" Murphy said.
"Wow, funding for bills, a donor, they only thing better would be no head ache."
"Thats the morning after for ya girlie." Lai said walking down the stairs. "I'm out - thanks for letting me crash - then crash again." she winked and walked out the door.
"So... how did we all end up with girls in our bed?" Connor asked.
"I don't remember...." Evalin said. "It's all really... fuzzy." Murphy walked over to her with a coffee in his hand.
"Cream and sugar?"
"Lots. she replied."
________________________________________________________________________

The aspirin had dulled her head for a short while. Evalin closed the bar - she left a sign on the door - "Partied too hard, went to Church." She figured they'd get the message. She went to find Murphy who was reading another western in the rec room. She curled herself against his chest and asked him to read to her. And he did, in his thick Irish accent. She just listened to the words like they were the gospel of god -
"You amaze me." she said
"Why's tha'?" he asked.
"Because you're an angel, walking on this earth. Can you ever not sleep because of who you are?"
"The only things tha' keep meh up at night are teh loss of friends. Rocco, meh father. I miss them."
"I miss my family too. We never really made that bonding connection. I was always on my own and thats what they expected from me - independence. But I miss that feeling of being whole. Like on a christmas morning."
"We'll maybe ye'll get yer own family, then you can make teh best memories."
"Well I've already started that with you. You've given me the best memories of my life in less than a week. I'd say thats pretty incredible."
"You were so charming, our future was alarming... but we've learned life is one big game and its the winners that get paid. And if I'm a winner, my payment is for you to be safe, and be with me."
"Maybe we can run off to Ireland one day." she said.
________________________________________________________________________

"Ti รจ piaciuto il numero?"
"Si - The numbers were great. I'm looking foreward to this plan - we will be, how you say, "molto ricco"."
"Si, Mr. Cash. I trust that you will take care of finding the merchandise?"
"I already have many in mind signore."
"molto buona. E buona fortuna." Senior Yakavetta hung up the phone. This deal, this deal had promise.

And at that moment a man, a man from a gang was sitting across the street at bench waiting for the bus, and informing his boss that the package he wanted was available.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if this seemed like a filler, I'm writing lots - just in a gap of plans. But I want you to see a little bit further - I'm about to jump a little bit of time. Thanks for subbing or just reading it all makes me happy!