Status: Complete. Sad...

He Who Walks Among Roses

Novem - Two weeks Later

Over the course of two weeks, Doc had come out of surgery - with flying colors. Seeing as he was in much better condition Evalin was there all day until she had to run home to open the bar. She had actually been able to pay off most of Doc's bills using the money from work, the party, and dipping a little out of the renovations fund. Doc knew he never needed to worry - but he was genuinely surprised when he found out how much his bill had left on it. He wouldn't need more than a few months to pay it off.

Evalin and Murphy - they had spent every moment together. When she wasn't at the hospital he was with her, always looking after her at the bar, and then holding her at night. They had shared a few passionate nights since the party and they had grown to love each other more each time. Connor and Romeo got drunk every other night laughing their asses off and ending the party with a good 'ol fist fight. And then they'd brag about the marks they left on each others skin. Evalin drank very little since the party - she liked being aware and conscious of Murphy, and she thought he did too since Connor surpassed him in who could drink the most. Murphy used to have always won. And Eunice Bloom had called once again and sent them their passports under funny names so they could fly home to Ireland when they pleased.
________________________________________________________________________

"Doc you look great!"
"Well I feel great dammit! I've got no bills to pay - a family waitin' for me PISS - FUCK! And ta--ta whole new liver to ruin!"
"We'll I'll drink to tha'!" Connor said.
"Well Hombre me thinks that you need to break in that new liver." Romeo said.
"No no no no no." Evalin argued. "Not with the meds your taking."
"Sorry boys - she is right. this is prett-tty heavy stuff-f-f."
"Well Doc - what are your plans for this spring?" Murphy asked.
"Well. I had plans, t-t-then someone went and paid all meh' Doctor's bills."
"Well I say thats a plus." Romeo said.
"How'd you get so much darlin'?" Doc asked.
"She danced on tables." Murphy said.
"HEY! Do not start that again Irish boy." Evalin sneered.
"Wha?! I got demoted to boy again!? It took me so long to make it to half-man half-donkey!" Murphy replied.
"Oh no - It didn't take you very long." Evalin said.
________________________________________________________________________

Evalin left the bar in need of something quick for dinner. With the lack of food in their stomachs they'd be too drunk to walk let alone fly home to Ireland. "Something fried sounds delicious," she thought to herself. She walked by a Chinese buffet.
"Mmm. Teriyaki." she thought. "No just something like a burger... and fries. With extra salt and pickles. And Ice cream?" she thought. "Nooo thats... way too weird." She stopped inside the local drug store to buy the boys their smokes. She figured a bottle a water was in order as well. She walked through the tooth brushes, the beer fridge, the cola, and the chips. All the way to the back where the water was. Shame that you have to walk through all the bad stuff just to get to the good stuff. While again, walking through the toiletries, she noticed something that jogged her memory. A pregnancy test. She stood there for a moment fretting about it possibly being, well possible. Which she realized it was. So she threw that in on the counter as well.
"Water and a test. You seem pretty sure about something." the ugly woman said.
"Nope not really. Three packs please."
"Okay maybe not." she said adding the cigarettes to the total. Evalin left and figured if she was pregnant - might as well spoil herself. So she picked up Chinese, Fried Chicken, Burgers, and a jar a pickles.

Evalin got back to the bar and threw the cigarettes at Romeo who caught them despite being drunk. She flung the test in the bathroom upstairs and yelled at them to come down and eat.
"Well thas' a bloody feast ain't it?" Conner said.
"Absa-fuckin'-lutely." she replied. They all helped themselves to what they wanted most. And laughed over memories about Doc and the bar. They were a family in an incredibly strange way - since there was only one blood relationship. Well maybe just one.
________________________________________________________________________

Murphy put the leftovers in the fridge. Evalin had helped Doc upstairs and into his bed. Connor had decided that after laying down twenty blankets that the sofa-sleeper was sleep-able. And he gave Romeo the okay to have to futon. Evalin came back downstairs to tell Murphy thank you, instead he spoke first.
"So Doc's gonna need some lookin' after ya' think?"
"Oh for a few weeks, yeah. But I don't see why he won't be any different than before."
"Oh I see." he looked down at his feet.
"Well why?" she asked.
"I juss' was thinkin' I- I have grown to really get used to it here. Ya' know. Bein' with you."
"Being here or with me?"
"Well both. But - when we leave tomorrow nigh'? Where will that leave us?"
"Well I suppose I'll be in a little less danger without you around," she winked. "and that we'll be talking a lot over the phone until we can see each other again."
"Evalin- I don' want teh be apart from yeh that long. And I want to to make it my responsibility to keep yeh safe. I want ye' to come to"
"Oh - I'm - I don't know!" she said.
"You even said yourself you wanted to run away to Ireland."
"I know I did, I was dreaming something beautiful. I would be the perfect life to come live with you in the most beautiful country in the world. I guess I just didn't think you'd ask."
"Well I'm asking you now Evalin - please come with me to Ireland, let me protect you, provide for you, love you." She leaned in and kissed Murphy.
"I will talk to Doc in the morning. You can buy me a ticket. I will make arrangements for him."
Murphy kissed her - and whispered "Thank you inter her ear." and Evalin smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Time skip! Yeah because I have a time machine and can do that. Next Chapter is going to be GOOD. I promise. May even be up tonight. Sorry I started a new semester this morning. I'm a little tired from tackling campus.