Status: hiatus

Midnight Can Be Dangerous

Chapter Twenty: Sean...Jr? What?

Bored...

...Bored

...Bored...

Boring

Boredom

Bore-

"Com'on admit it! This is a kick-ass party! And look no chicks needed to make it that way!"

"Yes..." I said barely audible from the blaring music, "Yes, 'kick-ass' is the first thing that comes to my mind-"

Dane smirked which made me think he couln't tell I was being sarcastic.

"-and," I continued glancing around the room, "In case you haven't noticed there are girls all around."

"Right but none that you're currently sleeping with."

"You sure?" I teased.

Dane returned my playful gesture with a wink.

"Hey, fine by me! I won't tell! Besides that whore's done the same thing to her past boyfriends."

My smile dropped instantaneously. Was that supposed to be funny?

"Ha-ha," I said spitting out words that were coming out extremely harmful. "Really funny. Coming from the guy who has a thing with the girl who's done everyone but him."

Pissed off I let that sink in and went off to get another beet. In the kitchen I found a weird sight.

"Isa-izzy, I've always loved you,"

"What the hell...Kyle?!"

I stood frozen. Should I jump in? Are we even technically together?

"Really? Crazy how I never noticed it." Bella responded sarcastically.

Rock on, sarcasm!

"Bells! Jeez. He's an asshole. An asshole who just wants to screw you! Don't fall for it! Besides he's still racing you he's only doing this to mess with your head!"

What the....

There was a three second pause as I wondered which part I should tear out of him first; his eyes or his tongue? And then I heard laughing.

"Kyle, you are an idiot. An absolute for-sure, no-doubt idiot. First off yes he's an asshole but surprise 'love' I'm a bitch. Second, duh, he wants to screw me! Look at me! And I know you're straight but I'm sure you've noticed Sean Jr. and let me tell you I want to screw him just as bad. And third, I'm still racing him. We aren't even boyfriend/ girlfriend until-"

She paused and blushed pretty badly.

"-If that happens then NO racing! AND, FINALLY where do you come off telling me how to live MY life, you no-good, pot-head, stupid, jock?!"

Should I go in?

Should I leave and come back later?

"Bella..." he said slowly, "Is that how you really feel?"

"You asshole! Do I have to spell it for you?! YES!"

And all at once serious Kyle was back to being pot-head Kyle. His goofy grin was back and I'm sure the bong was coming back out.

"Oh, okay. you have my blessing he's around here somewhere go screw his brains out."

"You're an asshole."

"And yet, you still wanted me." He smiled. I cringed.

Whoa...this is way to weird.

"Hey, guys," I said walking into the kitchen.