‹ Prequel: Twins.

The Road.

Chapter 1.

New York, how you changed me; I'm more confident now, I know I can do anything because of you. My dream came true and now I'm composing songs for Broadway, who would of thought I'd end up here. It's been an amazing first four months.

I straighten my hair and smiled, today was going to be another great day, I had new material to show and I was excited for it.

"Why do you always have to dress up?" Charlie groaned.

I rolled my eyes, "It's New York fashion capital of the US, I kinda have to,"

"What? That's no excuse just go in your birthday suit," he grinned.

"Ugh you repulse me I'm gonna go now Broadway awaits!" I shouted, going out.

"I said not to let it go to your head you pianist genius,"

I giggled, Charlie was fun to have around; First two we stayed at Meghan's place because she insisted on it, after I finally received my job we looked around for a decent looking apartment and moved out.

Winter was over and Spring had began and what a beautiful season it was, I couldn't wait to get into shorts and tank tops. When I walked into the building I took out my folder and checked to make sure everything was there.

"Hello Ariana"

I looked up "Hey Miriam how are you?"

"Good, good, oh, you have new stuff?" she asked, excitedly.

"I do," I grinned.

"Can't wait to here, everyone is buzzing about you, actually I was supposed to tell you to report you to Thomas he's going to explain, it's about an interview with someone, they say you're like the next Mozart or something"

I laughed, "Oh wow, I'm not that great, I've been playing the piano since I was like four so.."

"Just go you," she smiled.

I nodded and head off to Mr. Thomas office, this was excited and I was anxious at the same time. I knocked on the door, I wondered what magazine it could be he opened the door and invited me in.

"Miriam told me sir" I said, shyly.

"Leave it to her to ruin the surprise" he chuckled "Sit please"

I sat in front of his desk and waited for him to explain was this about; he was looking through some papers and sorting out things.

"It's not a magazine, Miriam was just eavesdropping,"

I nodded, "Oh, okay..."

Image

I was walking home from work and thinking of what the future held for me, my career had started off so great. I was so happy I had taken such a huge risk, even though I lost the person I love, I suppose that's what got me through this, not having to be distracted.

I didn't realize that I was walking so far that I didn't see the body in front of me, I bumped into them hard and I fell backwards.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry," I apologized quickly.

"It's okay..." he sighed.

"Here let me help you up," I said, helping him picking up some stuff.

He looked at me and I stared back, my eyes bulging out from my sockets, I really couldn't believe this.

"Alex" I whispered.

"Ariana,"

We both were standing in front of each other, staring, I was quivering and he was just staring at me.

"I g-gotta go" I whispered and started walking away.

He grabbed my arm and twirled me around "Please don't, I was looking everywhere for you and I finally run into you, please don't run"

I breathed, "What is it Alex?"

"I love you," he whispered in my ear.

"W-What?"

He grabbed my hands and kissed them, "I said that I love you, I can't stop thinking about you and when you left I just didn't feel like myself..."

I blinked, "What? I mean what about Meghan?"

"I can't live without you Ariana," he said, pulling me closer.

"I uh..."

He didn't say anything instead he pressed his lips against mine; my heart was racing and my hands were clammy I didn't know what to do. I just kissed him back, his lips felt so right and this I missed having him around.

Image

Alex and I were so close people would ask if we were married, everyone said we were cute together. I couldn't believe this I was finally happy with the man I had fallen in love with, everything was perfect. I remember the first night, I gave myself to him, it had only been one year since we were together and I was nervous.

"Alex..."

"I won't hurt you, I promise" he whispered in my ear.

I smiled, "I trust you,"

Our clothes flew everywhere before he had me pinned down on the bed, his lips kissing my own, his hands traveling up and down my body, chills traveled everywhere from my head down to my feet. It felt amazing...


Three wonderful years and I was hoping that maybe some day we'd get married and have children. I thought a lot about my sister, he had broken up with her for me, I wasn't okay for awhile, thinking that it wasn't right, but Alex said that he wanted me and what he did was wrong but he was trying to repress his feelings for me. That he couldn't hide them anymore, and I believed him.

"The band's doing great and I miss you baby," Alex said.

He was on tour and I was at home preparing everything for his return it had been four months since I've seen him, you'd think I'd be used to it by now, but I wasn't. But I understood, he came to watch my performances and he enjoyed them.

"I miss you too, boo," I giggled.

"I'll be home soon and then we can you know have a little fun" he replied, grinning.

I laughed "Okay, take care"

Alex could be so smug sometimes but that's what I loved about him, he was himself no matter who he was with.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, 11 subscribers already!
Thanks for that guys! Well, here it is the sequel XD.
oh here's my playlist for Ariana.
I'll be adding a new song every chapter. Makes sense no? XD