‹ Prequel: Twins.

The Road.

Chapter 10.

“What do you mean we don’t have enough models!?” I shout into my cell phone as I pace around my living room.

“Three of the models got si-”

“I know what happened Jeremy! I’ll be there in a few minutes, and I hope to god when I get there I will have my twelve models.” I hung up and groan, this day was definitely not going according to plan.

The grand opening for the new Carlson Modeling Agency was this afternoon, and along with the grand opening I had planned a fashion show to introduce my new fashion line.

“Meghan just calm down, everything is going to be perfect,” I tell myself and take in a deep breath and then exhale feeling a bit better.

I put my hair into a messy bun and grab all my paperwork and head out of my condo just as I see Nathan walking out of his.

“Hey, how’s it going?” Nathan asks as he presses the down button on the elevator.

“Eh… I could be doing better,” I reply with a small smile, “how about yourself?”

“I’m doing great,” he replies as we head into the elevator and press the lobby button.

“Oh, my grand opening for my modeling agency is this afternoon, and I was wondering if you wanted to come?”

“That sounds like a lot of fun; I didn’t know you had a modeling agency.”

“Well my dad started the business and I decided to expand it and continue with his dream.”

“Expect to see me there,” Nathan says with a wide bright smile as we head out of the elevator

“See you there,” I say with a smile and head out of the condo complex, a black limo waiting for me.
_________________________Image

“Just breathe Meghan,” Jeremy tells me as Jane, my hair and makeup artist finishes up my look.

I hired Jeremy as soon as I had arrived in New York, he had a great reputation in the fashion industry and I gave him an offer he could not resist.

“I’m not meant for these kinds of things Jeremy,” I sigh and close my eyes.

“That’s why you hired me to run your New York agency.”

I open my eyes and smile at him, “and I know you’re going to an amazing job running it.”

“Okay, you’re all done.” Jane announces and I thank her. I stand up and look at myself in the mirror.

My blue hair was pulled up into a neat side bun as my purple bangs hung lose across my forehead, my smoky eye makeup made my blue eyes stand out and glossy red lips made my skin shine.

“You look great, I love your whole rock ‘n’ roll yet chic style,” Jeremy tells me with a big smile as he looks at my pink and black heart print strapless mini.

“Thanks,” I say just as there’s a knock on the door.

“Yes?” I call out

“You have some visitors Miss. Carlson,” Jane says.

I walk over to the door and open; I smile as I see Ariana, Alex, and a guy who I didn’t know.

“I’m so glad you came!” I exclaim and give her a hug.

“I’m glad you invited me,”

“This must be your friend Charlie,” I tell her as I look at the guy standing next to her.

“Her best friend, pleasure to meet you,” He says and takes my hand.

“Nice to meet you too,” I reply and shake his hand.

I look at Alex and smile at him, “I’m glad you came,” I tell him.

“You look great by the way,” He says with a small smile.

“Thanks,”

“More than great, you look amazing,” I look past Alex and see Nathan standing there with a big smile.

“Thanks,” I giggle.

“Hey, Alex right?” Nathan exclaims

“You guys know each other?” Ariana asks with a raised eyebrow.

“Yeah, him and Meg-”

“We shared a cab that the day I went over to your place and we ran into Nathan at my condo complex,” I say quickly with a smile trying to hide my nerves and my racing heart.

Nathan looks at me with a questioning look but then smiles and nods, “yeah and she told me he was an old friend.”

“Yeah and he’s also my sister’s, Ariana, boyfriend, and that’s Charlie her best friend.”

“And I’m Nathan, her neighbor.” Nathan says, as we stand there in awkward silence, and I can feel the tension building.

“You guys should probably go sit down, I reserved seats on the first row, and I hope you guys enjoy the show.”

“I’m sure we will.” Ariana says as she takes Alex’s hand in his.

I wave bye, and walk back into my office and exhale deeply.

“What’s wrong?” Jeremy asks as he walks towards me.

“That was a close one,” I sigh and slump down on the chair.

“You’re going to ruin your dress!” Jeremy exclaims.

“Oh my god! Oh my god, what if she had found out!” I exclaim staring at Jeremy with wide eyes.

“What are you talking about?”

“Never mind, we have a fashion show to run.” I say and stand up and take in a deep breath and then exhale, I smile wide and link my arm with Jeremy’s and we head out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like this is a bit blah, ahah
Meghan's Outfit.