‹ Prequel: Twins.

The Road.

Chapter 12.

I could feel my heart beating hard against my rib cage, and I could feel the knots at the pit of my stomach getting bigger, I didn’t know why I was so nervous, I mean everything was going perfect. Everybody in the audience seemed to be enjoying the show, but I just couldn’t relax, I had a weird something bad was going to happen.

“You need to relax,” I hear Alex whisper in my ear.

My eyes go wide and I turn around just to see him standing there with a smile on his face.

“What are you doing here?” I shriek lowly so only he would be able to hear me.

“What do you mean?” Alex asks confused.

“What is she sees us!?”

“We’re practically hiding behind the curtains, plus I can always say I spotted you on my way back from the bathroom and decided to catch up.” He shrugs with a grin on his face.

“I guess that would work,” I mumble and look out into the runway.

“Your neighbor was right, you know.”

I look back at Alex with a questioning look, “right about what?” I ask.

“You look amazing, beautiful; gorgeous… should I keep going?”

I giggle feeling my cheeks growing hot, “I could say the same for you,”

“Aw, you think I’m gorgeous?” Alex says as he beats his eyelashes.

“Of course,” I say laughing, as my nerves begin to disappear.

I smile as I look at Alex remembering all those times he had made me laugh when he was my boyfriend, the sweet things he would whisper in my ear making me feel like I was the most important thing in this whole universe, everything was perfect and he ruined it.

“You should be happy,” Alex whispers as he lifts my chin up.

“I am,” I reply

“You’re frowning,”

“So? I can frown and be happy at the same time,” I say with a small smile.

“That smile is weak,” he says and shakes his head.

“Why do you care about my smile?” I ask with both eyebrows raised.

“I like it when you smile,” he shrugs.

“If I smile, will you give me a kiss?”

“I’ll give you a kiss even if you don’t smile.”

I can’t help but to roll my eyes and smile, “You’re so corny, you know that right?”

“Yeah, but at least I made you smile.”

“Are you going to give me that kiss or not?”

“Feisty, are we?”

“As I recall from last night, you like it when I’m feisty,” I grin.

Alex grins, and I close my eyes as Alex begins to kiss me slowly, and then I feel his tongue enter my mouth.

“Hey Meg-Oh I’m so sorry,”

I pull away quickly and wipe my lips as I turn to look at Jeremy.

Alex coughs lightly, “I was just about to leave,” he says as he starts to walk away.

“You might want to wipe the red lipstick from your lips,” Jeremy tells him and then turns to look at me with a questioning look.

“What where you going to tell me?” I ask trying to sound casual.

“Are you seriously pretending like nothing happened?” Jeremy asks as he walks closer to me.

“Because nothing happened,” I reply trying to sound convincing.

“You were just making out with your sister’s fucking boyfriend!”

I bite my lip and look away from Jeremy, “can we just pretend like nothing happened, and that you saw nothing?”

Jeremy sighs, “fine, but it’s not right.”

“I know it’s not.”

“I was just going to tell you that it’s time for you to go out there and close the show.”

I take in a deep breath of air, and exhale and put on a fake smile and take the microphone from Jeremy’s hand.

I walk out into the runway and people begin to applaud and stand up from their seats.

“Thank you so very much for coming out tonight, it really means a lot to me. This agency was made for all those out there with dreams and goals. It’s also a symbol to remind people that if you put your heart and mind into something you really want, it will happen. Thank you once more and I really hope you guys enjoyed it.” I smile widely, and walk off the runway.
_________________________Image

“That was such a great show!” Ariana exclaims as we walk towards a table.

“Those clothes were amazing, if I was girl I would totally wear them,” Charlie says causing both Ariana and I to giggle.

“Don’t you have to sit with all the other important people?” Nathan asks as I sit next to him and Alex.

“I don’t like being the center of attention, besides Jeremy can handle himself; after all he will be running the agency after I go back to Paris.”

“When are you leaving?” Ariana asks sounding a bit disappointed.

“Not sure yet, to be completely honest, I kind of like living here.”

“Then why don’t you stay?” Nathan asks.

I shrug, the real reason why I didn’t want to leave was because Alex was still here, and I liked that Ariana and I were finally becoming sisters.

We all begin to talk about life in New York, and about all the shows in Broadway, and all the things we want to still do in life, and before we know it the food arrives.

“Yum… Salmon,” I say as a waiter places a plate in front of me.

I pick up my fork and then my eyes catch Ariana’s grossed out expression; Charlie looks at her as if he knows what’s wrong.

“Excuse me, I have to use the bathroom,” Ariana says looking like she’s about to throw up.
She stands up and walks off to the bathroom, Charlie right behind her.

“I’ll be right back,” I tell Alex and Nathan and walk to the bathroom, Ariana hadn’t looked too well, and I wanted to make sure she was okay.

“You need to tell him hun, you keep throwing up and he’s going to figure it out before you even tell him,” I hear Charlie say as I open the door quietly.

“I’m afraid to tell him Charlie, he said so himself, he’s not ready to have a baby.”

My eyes go wide, and I cover my mouth to prevent myself from gasping.

She’s pregnant!

I walk away fast and head back to the table.

“Where did you go?” Alex asks as I sit back down.

“I had to check something,” I lie as I feel my world crumbling down. For some reason I knew if Alex knew about the pregnancy he wouldn’t want to see my anymore, I would just be an afterthought. Like always.
♠ ♠ ♠
C: